Author Topic: Detoxing from ganja for the next month or so.. Day 1 today  (Read 867 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Detoxing from ganja for the next month or so.. Day 1 today
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »
I love ganja and am a strong supporter and advocate for the mental, spiritual and social benefits of marijuana; but I have to detox for a month or so.  I have some drug tests coming up for work, and also I believe in the ebb and flow of life.  To appreciate the flow you have to have the "ebb".  So to really get the most out of the ganja I have to be in control of it and not let it control me.

So I do this often where I go through periods of detox and then months of smoking every night.  (And ofcourse in Africa or LA I smoke any chance I get.  In Africa I'd say it was every couple hours, even getting up to go to the bathroom at night.  In LA I'd say it was anytime I was chilling with the LAMB crew  8).

So what's my routine for my Detox's....

1.  Meditation-  To achieve a similar level of mental stimulation and calm my nerves I have to engage in a lot of meditative practices.

2.  Qu'ran memorization-  Challenging my mind to learn Qu'ran helps strengthen my mind that has become supple and dependent on the weed.  My Qu'ran memorization is deeply visual, and therefore it challenges me and channels or sublimates my addictive energy into a more positive outlet.

3.  Dream analysis.  Analyzing dreams and writing them down helps ease my insomnia I experience without the aid of the ganja.  I put myself to sleep by analyzing previous dreams, and record my dreams in a journal each morning.

...feel me?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sleazy

Re: Detoxing from ganja for the next month or so.. Day 1 today
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »
Sounds good bro.

You'll get crazy dreams at the start of the break. It's normal. Don't overanalyze them.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:55:19 PM »
Sounds good bro.

You'll get crazy dreams at the start of the break. It's normal. Don't overanalyze them.

I have to overanalyze them.  That's partly how I meditate. 

I learned a trick about dream analysis that has served me well.  Basically, you personify the characters and objects in your dreams and interact with yourself from a 3rd person perspective.  So like let's say you dream that you are drowning in an ocean.  Well, you personify the ocean and then have yourself as the ocean, "Why are you here, why am I drowning" and then you answer from the perspective of the ocean. Because all people and objects in a dream were placed there by you, so therefore you know why they are there.

If you do it right it gives you deep insight into your life, or at the very least it can put you to sleep and cure insomnia.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sleazy

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:01:07 PM »
I mean at the very start of the break, like the first couple of nights. You might get some really weird dreams (if your toking has been heavy enough). Just a heads up... Of course if you feel like analyzing them too is worth your time then go for it.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
im gonna smoke a fat bowl to this post

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »
im gonna smoke a fat bowl to this post

8) ...and I fully support you in doing so

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:14:25 PM »
i took a ten day break last month....the first 3-4 nights you may have trouble getting to sleep but thats it

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 09:00:13 AM »
i took a ten day break last month....the first 3-4 nights you may have trouble getting to sleep but thats it

Day 1 went well.  No trouble sleeping at all.  Actually enjoyed the meditations.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
oh and you probably won't pig out on cookies or chips anymore

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »
i try and abstain for a week every month just to keep my tolerance down.

i stopped smokind blunts and only smoke from the bong with the slider piece now....i conserve my weed like a mofo now that im not smoking blunts and joints.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »
i try and abstain for a week every month just to keep my tolerance down.

i stopped smokind blunts and only smoke from the bong with the slider piece now....i conserve my weed like a mofo now that im not smoking blunts and joints.

That's a good way to do it.  A full week is probably good to change up your system and keep your tolerance down like you said; get the most out of your high.

I don't use a bong, I roll joints just because that's what I started with and what I'm most used to.  I mix it with tabacco to help it burn and help conserve some of the weed.  But still, I know joints can be wasteful, even more so than blunts.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »
oh and you probably won't pig out on cookies or chips anymore

Ahh.. it's about the same in that regard.  Because sometimes we eat because we are stressed.  So if I'm not smoking then I may get the urge to eat instead as a way to relieve stress.  So I actually feel better off smoking in that regard.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
i used to know a guy that mixed tobacco with he pot and i hit it and couldnt get with the taste...shit was too harsh

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
Okay.. nevermind, I'm about to blaze up  8)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »
Okay.. nevermind, I'm about to blaze up  8)

Nope.. nevermind again... false alarm.. I went to go do it but my destiny prevented me.... sobriety continues!