Author Topic: Muslim cleric gloats over space shuttle crash  (Read 1036 times)

Woodrow

Muslim cleric gloats over space shuttle crash
« on: February 03, 2003, 09:31:57 PM »
Let me be the first to say "What an asshole"

"HOOK-handed cleric Abu Hamza last night GLOATED over the shuttle disaster and rejoiced in the deaths of the seven astronauts.

The Muslim fanatic called the Columbia crew “thugs of space” who deserved to die.

He denounced the team — made up of Americans, an Israeli and an Indian-born Hindu — as a “trinity of evil” punished by Allah.

The 45-year-old cleric said they were “criminals” bent on boosting military satellite technology so America could dominate the world.

He claimed it was a sign from God that debris rained down on a Texas town named Palestine.

Hamza — banned from preaching his hate-filled sermons at London’s Finsbury Park mosque — said of the tragedy: “This was a divine act, a message for mankind.”

His rant caused outrage across Britain, in the grieving space communities of Houston and Cape Canaveral in the US and in Texan counties littered with wreckage.

Here, angry Muslims led renewed calls for Hamza, who lives in Shepherd’s Bush, West London, to be kicked out of the country.

Inayat Bunglawala, of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: “He does not possess a scrap of human decency. How dare he gloat over a tragedy like this.”

Dr Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, leader of the Muslim Parliament of Great Britain, said: “He continues to hurt the cause of Muslims.”

Shadow Home Secretary Oliver Letwin called Hamza’s remarks “monstrous, appalling, despicable and outrageous”.

He added: “All sensible people will be amazed someone can engage in such blatant incitement without anyone laying a finger on him.”

Labour MP Andrew Dismore branded the cleric sick and said: “The sooner we get rid of him the better.”

At Florida’s Kennedy Space Center, shocked Nasa spokeswoman Kandy Warren said: “Oh my God, that is horrible.”

Hamza was blasted by British tourists laying flowers there.

Jonathan Bancroft, 31, from Newport, South Wales, said: “I can’t believe our taxes are keeping this man. He is scum.”

Palestine’s mayor George Foss accused Hamza of spouting “horrific nonsense”.

And local café owner Judi Summerville said: “He is the monster, not the astronauts.”

Vinod Patel, leader of Houston’s Hindu community, said: “I would use his hook to attach him to the next shuttle and blast him into space.”

The American victims in Saturday’s disaste were Rick Husband, 45, William McCool, 41, Michael Anderson, 43, David Brown, 46, and Laurel Clark, 41.

Indian-born Kalpana Chawla, 41, and the first Israeli in space, Ilan Ramon, 48, also died."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003051765,00.html

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Muslim cleric gloats over space shuttle crash
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 11:50:37 PM »
somehow i knew some fanatic would be glad about this

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 11:54:18 PM »
Let me second that statement.  WHAT AN ASSHOLE

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 02:49:00 AM »
Who cares about this mutt, he just wants attention.  The only attention I'd give him is to urinate on his podium.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 12:20:27 PM »
can i ask you a question Engle? whats the purpose of this thread? is there a meaning to this? you just made this thread to single out Muslims, and paint a bad picture of us. What the fuck was the point to this article? You are focusing the boards attention on the negative aspects of some Muslims.

then these same goofs turn around and say Im racist, anti Christain etc I aint never posted articles on a constant basis denouncing some christians.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 12:29:59 PM »
can i ask you a question Engle? whats the purpose of this thread? is there a meaning to this? you just made this thread to single out Muslims, and paint a bad picture of us. What the fuck was the point to this article? You are focusing the boards attention on the negative aspects of some Muslims.

then these same goofs turn around and say Im racist, anti Christain etc I aint never posted articles on a constant basis denouncing some christians.

The point of this thread was to show the elements that exist in your religion that are OFF THE FUCKING WALL and seem to be accepted largely or just ignored. Feel free to post up articles showing Christians ministers and Catholic bishops gloating over deaths.

This person was a HEAD of a large mosque. He wasn't some off the wall extremist. Correct me if Im wrong, but he didn't just become the leader overnight, people had to agree with him and his views. This is what I find so disturbing. If somebody is your leader, that means he represents YOU. Why would you let somebody represent you if you didn't agree with him or his views? That leads me to belive that the attendees of the mosque agreed with him. That's unnacaptable to me.

Once again, How many Christians, Catholics, Atheists, Sikh's do you see gloating when Muslims die?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 03:20:13 PM by .:[b L a D e]:. »

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 12:30:23 PM »
Tech you're getting paranoid this was not set up to victimise you, CIA agents are not following your every move and your dog is not a robot with a camera in it's head to monitor you.

i have a question for you what is the purpose of your reply to this thread? by attacking the thread are you supporting what Abu Hamza said?

this is not victimising muslims, at no point was anything defamatory said against Muslims in general. The general response was what an Asshole, not holes

Never surrender

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 04:03:52 PM »
Let me make this simple

Mosques are places of worship. The "Leaders" of mosques are NOT political leaders, and they dont become the "leader" cuz people agree with their political views.

A person leads a moisque if he has a very comprehensive knowledge of the Quran and Islam. If a person has studied Islam, then he becomes the Imam of a mosque. His poltical views are irrelevent. If an Imam choses to publish works, political theories etc, he is supposed to do this outside the realm of the Mosque. The mosque is a place of worship.

Now there are several instances where a Mosque becomes politicized, these same mosques are rattled by internal turmoil, and eventually lose all credibility in the community.

So once again i ask, by highlighting the views of ONE person who has no legitimacy within the community to spew his political views, what was the point of this?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Quakaveli

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 05:28:58 PM »
Umm his point is to tell us about a heartless mutherfucker who he is certain we would be shocked by.

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 05:50:36 PM »
Mosques are places of worship. The "Leaders" of mosques are NOT political leaders, and they dont become the "leader" cuz people agree with their political views.
Why is he put in a position of power then? Why is he called a leader if he dosen't Lead?

A person leads a moisque if he has a very comprehensive knowledge of the Quran and Islam. If a person has studied Islam, then he becomes the Imam of a mosque. His poltical views are irrelevent. If an Imam choses to publish works, political theories etc, he is supposed to do this outside the realm of the Mosque. The mosque is a place of worship.
If this guy has studied the Koran so well, Why does he say the things he does and support the attack on 9/11 and call hero's "thugs" who deserved to die? If Islam is a religion of peace, why does he act so violent and use it for his excuse? Also, why do the members of this Mosque let him do the things he does? Thats what bothers me... It took THIS for him to be removed as head of the mosque. rememmber, he's been talking BS for a LONG time.

So once again i ask, by highlighting the views of ONE person who has no legitimacy within the community to spew his political views, what was the point of this?
obviously, if he was the leader of this mosque, he speaks for it's attendee's. You say he has no legitimacy, but how could somebody with no legitimacy become leader? That makes no sense.

This photo was taken on Jan 24th... Even after all the hate speech, he still has followers.

Thats what bothers me. You claim this dude is an outcast, and has no pull in the muslim community of london, but it's obvious thats not true. He's been preaching hate speech for a long time and it dosen't seem to have fazed anybody. If Islam is truly a religion of peace, how can this man be rewarded for spewing hate, and more importantly, why hasn't anybody spoken up sooner? I can only conclude that they either agree with it, or don't care enough to speak out. Both of those options are wrong.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 05:52:54 PM by Engel-Rock »

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 06:39:39 PM »
Very on point, Engle...

I bet Tech's comin with more excuses and explanations...

Quakaveli

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2003, 06:57:04 PM »
Great job, Engel...
*hits props*
*watches Tech burn a wack skimpy joint contemplating what BS he can to defend his views against Engels...and still can't think of any :D

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2003, 11:47:40 PM »
Hey Engle, why dont you go back and read over the article detective. There are several examples of Muslims in the community condemning him. Furthermore, you dont provide proof that the majority of his mosque accepts his political views. Furthermore, if he leads his mosque that means he's the religious head of the mosque. The worshippers do not follow his every word, they come to pray, and this particular man will provide the prayer . Whether the constituents react to his political views is a different matter, for them, its a matter of political correctness.

Again, one mans hero is another mans terrorist. People will have differing views Engle. You simply dont have enough knowledge on Mosques, and their relationship with local muslim communities. Furthermore, i urge you to brush up on 20th century history and the oppression, colonization, and systematic killings of Muslims all over the globe, leading to increased politics within religion.

- Lewis Carroll

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2003, 01:30:41 AM »
well people obviously agree with his ideas as he's been preaching the same things for 4 years at the same mosque on similar subjects, e.g world trade centre.

And he's also held recruitment drives for SOS in the same mosque without anyone stepping in to stop him.

Never surrender

Woodrow

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2003, 10:11:38 AM »
Hey Engle, why dont you go back and read over the article detective. There are several examples of Muslims in the community condemning him.
The point was, why did it take THIS for them to codemn him? He's been spewing his support for terrorism for the past year and nobody has said a word about that. What am I supposed to think when he says something and nobody speaks out aginst it?
Furthermore, you dont provide proof that the majority of his mosque accepts his political views.
If they don't accept his political views, why haven't said anything about his hate speech in the past? Why haven't they spoken up and publically disagreed with him? This bothers me. Doing nothing means acceptance in my book
Furthermore, if he leads his mosque that means he's the religious head of the mosque. The worshippers do not follow his every word, they come to pray, and this particular man will provide the prayer .
Why would you allow somebody who has so much hate to lead you in something as peacefull as prayer? This just dosen't seem right to me. If I was a christian and my pastor came out talking about how wonderfull it was when innocent muslims died, You could bet that I would do everything in my power to remove him from his position of power and/or make sure people knew I didn't agree with him.

Again, one mans hero is another mans terrorist. People will have differing views Engle.
I think it's universally accepted that the astronauts were good people. They didn't have any hidden agendas. They were on a mission of peace and exploration that helped ALL of humanity. You've not only provided legitimacy to his views by agreeing with him but I've not yet seen you speak out on his comments. Do you think the the innocents that died on the space shuttle deserved to die? Do you think they were "Space Thugs" I've seen some pretty extremeist views from you but this... This one takes the cake.

Furthermore, i urge you to brush up on 20th century history and the oppression, colonization, and systematic killings of Muslims all over the globe, leading to increased politics within religion.
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE MANS COMMENTS?

The answer is NOTHING. This man is a bigot and he preaches hate. He's a regular asshole. Why do you stand up for him? This is my problem with your religion. It allows people like this to become heads of mosques, and in turn a platform for them to preach their hate. This is wrong. Hate is wrong. Why is it that I see so much of it in your religion?