Author Topic: How Many Of Yall Prefer...  (Read 532 times)

S.G.V.

How Many Of Yall Prefer...
« on: February 03, 2003, 11:07:06 PM »
East Coast music over West Coast shit?...cuz i gotta feelin theres a few cats on here like that...aint nothin wrong wit it...but i always wondered if my hunch was really true...i just notice sometimes a few peeps seem to be more into the East Coast shit than any West shit...

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re:How Many Of Yall Prefer...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 11:54:53 PM »
I definatly prefer east coast rap overall [with the exception of Pac of course].....
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

KVB

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 04:27:44 AM »
I definatly prefer east coast rap overall

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 07:44:31 AM »
I definatly prefer east coast rap overall [with the exception of Pac of course].....

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 10:12:02 AM »
it's close.. but I still prefer the West

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 10:58:59 AM »
I used to be more for westcoast hip-hop than any other coast, but as i've gotten older I find I don't necesserily care where the artist is from, I just love hip-hop as a whole. I do find that there has been more quality coming from the east in recent years, I have to be honest, but i'll never forget what the west has given us, and this year is starting to look promising.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 12:22:30 PM »
west west yalll.....the east is second, but the south is creepin up on em slow
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

bez

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 12:40:23 PM »
I started off listening to West Coast, ya no dre, Snoop whatevr whatever whatever but lately the east has had me on lock. Big, Nas, jay Z. Just cant help myself.

S.G.V.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 01:44:55 PM »
so far my hunch has been right...im still waitin to see if a few other cats pop up...

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 02:48:18 PM »
well i don't really care where the artist is from but since i like more lyrical shit most of my rap collection is eastcoast.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 02:50:09 PM »
west west y'all....

EM28

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2003, 06:10:50 PM »
it's close.. but I still prefer the West

Yeah i agree same way wit me......its close but i prefer west

peace

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2003, 06:13:52 PM »
I used to be more for westcoast hip-hop than any other coast, but as i've gotten older I find I don't necesserily care where the artist is from, I just love hip-hop as a whole. I do find that there has been more quality coming from the east in recent years, I have to be honest, but i'll never forget what the west has given us, and this year is starting to look promising.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm still more partial to the west cause of Quik, Dre, and Daz beats cause they introduced me to the game. However, I can appreciate music from any coast if it's nice. I'll even rock some Bone Daddy  :P

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2003, 06:16:14 PM »
i don't really classify stuff that way... i mean... i like what i like... shit from all over... i don't really like one particular regions style over another... its more of an individual artist thing... my tastes leaned heavily to cali artists back in the early 90s... nowadays they're pretty balanced.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Jome

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2003, 08:20:09 PM »
I would say I'm..

45% Eastcoast
45% Westcoast
5% South
5% Midwest

There's just too many dope acts/artists on both of the Coasts..
And even if I feel that the East has more dope MC's/rappers, the West isn't far behind, and I think the West has the hiphop-sound on lock.. and East is kinda schemin on the West beatwise.

I don't quite feel the dirty south sound, with a few exceptions.. and the Midwest doesn't make enough noise to keep me attracted.