Author Topic: How Many Of Yall Prefer...  (Read 529 times)

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
Re:How Many Of Yall Prefer...
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2003, 08:37:23 PM »
the east is banging right now and im a sick Roc a fella fan so  east coast for sure but much love for the west cuz like they say "if it wasent for the west these rap niggas wouldent need a vest around there chest" ;D
Think Free.

The Watcher

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2003, 08:59:00 PM »
i like it all.. but east is up there with west comin behind ..
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2003, 09:37:26 AM »

I don't quite feel the dirty south sound, with a few exceptions.. and the Midwest doesn't make enough noise to keep me attracted.

i know ur exceptions for the south...theyre the same as everyone elses...and the midwest has alot happenin...its just not a major level...so of course u wouldnt know about it...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2003, 10:12:09 AM »
I don't care where you're from, I live in Canada and I don't feel the need to buy their shit cause I'm from here.  I don't own one album from a Canadian artist.  But most of my collection consists of artists from the east.  

The only albums from the south that I own are a bunch of Dungeon Family albums, Devin/Odd Squad, Scarface/Geto Boys, one Juvenile, two Mystikals and Little Brother soon.

The only midwest shit that I got is from Detroit if you consider that midwest.

And I got a bunch of stuff from the west from...DPG, Xzibit, Ras, Pac & Co., NWA & Co., Quik & Hiero.

I think the east just has the most talent MC wise, and that's hard to argue against.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2003, 10:47:38 AM »
As far as the album's I own I am pretty much equal between east and west. However, the majority of the cds that I have bought in the last two or so years have been east coast artists, cause at the moment there is more dope stuff coming from the east than the west. I don't consciously go and try and buy east coast artists, it just so happens that the most of the stuff I wanna buy at the moment comes from the east.

Also, although I'm not really into the mainstream hiphop, I have to say that I find commercial west coast hiphop much more appealing than east coast commercial hiphop. The whole NY Jiggy thing doesn'r really appeal to me at all.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2003, 11:48:01 AM »
i gotta say im very west oriented... i feel kinda bad tho, cause i know im missin out on some good shit both from south and east.. so i wanna catch up

peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2003, 10:45:40 PM »

The only midwest shit that I got is from Detroit if you consider that midwest.

i dont see why not...its in the middle of the U.S....

Black Pack

• Lil Geezy
  • whaat?
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2003, 12:10:54 AM »
I don't know how y'all decided which coast hip hop you prefer. It's not as if y'all have heard everything the east has to offer, nor have you heard everything the west coast has to offer. Sure, your can feel one artist more than the other and he might happen to be from the west/east.
I'm curious to know how y'all decide which coast you prefer, and why do you prefer east coast hip hop over west coast hip hop or vice versa?

"Blew the whole shit up on some 'what this button do ?'" - MF Doom
"Ignorance is an option, not genetic"-Aphter LyphE7

S.G.V.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2003, 12:14:30 AM »
I don't know how y'all decided which coast hip hop you prefer. It's not as if y'all have heard everything the east has to offer, nor have you heard everything the west coast has to offer. Sure, your can feel one artist more than the other and he might happen to be from the west/east.
I'm curious to know how y'all decide which coast you prefer, and why do you prefer east coast hip hop over west coast hip hop or vice versa?
im from the west...i have always loved the sound...the beats are always ten times better...our content was years ahead(look at all the content now...that was the west in 93)...now we got probably the best lyricists out too...i got love for the east...Rawkus, Gang Starr/Group Home, Lost Boyz etc...but the west is just too strong on every level...even if we dont push platinum...it dont matter...cuz shit is indi out here...make it crack on our own...fuck a major...

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2003, 03:19:53 AM »

I see what you're trying to get at but you gotta understand there is a difference between East and West Coast Rap... Maybe people haven't heard everything each coast has to offer but you know what style you like more.

And not everybody from the West Coast does West Coast Rap. Like look at Dilated Peoples, they're from L.A but they definatly got alot of NY influence in their beats...

I'd say tha West Coast gots that Laid back feel to it... Funky beats... and East Coast is alot more rugged and lyrical...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2003, 03:35:41 PM »
i dont see why not...its in the middle of the U.S....

Doesn't look the middle of the U.S. to me and it's in the Eastern most time zone of the four.  I wouldn't say Detroit is eastcoast but it's not mid-west either.

I----------------------------------------I * I-----------I

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2003, 03:48:21 PM »

I prefer east coast overall, because their sound fits my style more. I love that raw, grimey/gritty and dark sound from NY.......Mobb Deep, Gang Starr, Wu Tang Clan, Nas, DMX, Jeru, Redman, Cormega, Big L, Biggie, Kool G Rap, etc etc.....they all got that grimey sound that I just love to death.......however, even though I prefer east coast rap overall, my fav artist ever is a WEST COAST mc, and he went by the name of Tupac Amaru Shakur last I checked.......

overall, I listen to hip hop from every region.....it just so happens most of my fav artists are from NY.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

S.G.V.

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2003, 06:11:49 PM »

Doesn't look the middle of the U.S. to me and it's in the Eastern most time zone of the four.  I wouldn't say Detroit is eastcoast but it's not mid-west either.

ohio is the furthest east the midwest goes...as far as ive been taught

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2003, 09:31:24 PM »
As long as it's dope...East, West, North, South...It's all the same...PeaCe