Author Topic: 50 Cent-review by WcRydaz  (Read 246 times)

Jome

50 Cent-review by WcRydaz
« on: February 03, 2003, 03:44:25 PM »
:: WC Rydaz Reviewz

50 Cent "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" [Review]
Aftermath/Shady Records
Reviewed by Primo Kombat

The Tracklisting/Ratings (0-5)

1 Intro
2 What Up Gangsta - 3
3 Patiently Waiting (ft Eminem) - 4
4 Many Men - 5
5 In Da Club - 5
6 High All The time - 4
7 Heat - 3
8 If I Cant - 5
9 Blood Hound (ft Young Buc) - 4
10 Back Down - 4
11 P.I.M.P. - 3
12 Like My Style (ft Tony Yayo) - 5
13 Poor Lil Rich - 3
14 21 Questions (ft Nate Dogg) - 5
15 Don’t Push Me (ft Eminem & Lloyd Banks) - 5
16 Gotta get - 3
17 Wanksta (Bonus) - 5
18 U Not like Me (Bonus) - 4
19 Life On The Line (Bonus) - 5

New York based rapper 50 Cent is arguably the king of underground rap, however he is no longer underground after signing with SHADY/AFTERMATH. His first release off both joint labels is his "GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN". This cd could easily contend with the best rap cd’s that will come out this year in 2003. This cd includes production from Dr Dre and Eminem and guest appearances from Eminem, Lloyd Banks, Young Buc, Tony Yayo, and Nate Dogg.

The first official single of the cd is the Dr Dre produced "In Da Club", however, the cd also includes the hit single from the "8-Mile" soundtrack "Wanksta and the underground hits "U Not Like Me" and "Life On The Line". Now on to the review…..

"Get Rich Or Die Tryin" starts off with a 0:06 second clip of 50 loading his gun. The second track "What up Gangsta" is a decent track where 50 lets it be known what he’s been through and what he’s about. Nice beat with a good introduction of who he is. Next up is the highly anticipated collaboration between 50 and Eminem on the track "Patiently Waiting". Both artists come off nicely over a very hardcore Eminem produced beat. "Many Men" is a very tight song where 50 sings a hook that sticks in your head, this track is a combination of a deep emotional track with that hardcore flavor that 50 always brings. Next is the first single released off the cd, the Dr Dre produced hit "In Da Club". A definite club banger and radio hit, great single to promote the cd. "High All The Time" is a nice weed track to get faded to……….nuff said. "Heat" is a nice track produced by Dr Dre. In this song 50 lets it be known how he handles beef, gunshots fire off in the background every 2 seconds which kind of takes away the focus from the song but overall a good track. Next is the up beat track "If I Can’t" produced by Dr Dre, very tight song with a catchy hook, also a personal favorite. "Blood Hound" is a nice track with a "Wanksta" kind of flava, nice beat and 50 comes off nice on this track. "Back Down" is a straight Ja Rule diss, another controversial track where 50 claims that Ja is fake and how he’s scared to step to 50. Nice track over a slow but tight Dr Dre beat. Next is "P.I.M.P." the name of the track says it all, 50 raps about how he’s a pimp over a decent beat, nothing special on this track. "Like My Style" is another personal favorite of mine, tight, up beat track to bump in your ride with a catchy hook, hard not to like this track. Next up is "Poor Lil Rich" produced by Eminem, a fast paced hardcore beat where 50 raps about how he came up and made it in the game. "21 Questions" is a surprising track in which 50 doesn’t talk bad about women, he raps about being down in a serious relationship with a girl. This is a tight slow song with Nate Dogg doing the hook, this is probably be the closest you’ll ever see 50 to doing a love song. Eminem comes with another tight (Dre - like) beat on "Don’t Push Me", another tight hardcore song with 50, Eminem, and Lloyd Banks. "Gotta Get" is a song where 50 raps about going to heaven, decent beat but nothing special on this track. Next is the very talked about "Wanksta", this was a great track that put 50 on the charts. This song has been getting a lot of radio and tv play along with "In Da Club". Very tight track produced by Dr Dre. "U Not Like Me" and "Life On The Line" are 2 underground hits that have been released before but are not well known to the mainstream fans. All I got to say to all the new 50 CENT fans is to listen 2 these 2 songs and you’ll know the reason why Dr Dre and Eminem decided to put up the $1MILLION to sign 50 CENT. "Life On The Line" is another diss track to Ja Rule where 50 sings "MURDA" on the hook , both these songs are 2 of my favorite 50 CENT songs of all time.

Overall, this a great cd lyrically and production wise. 50 CENT shows that he is for real on this cd and is the next big thing in the hip hop world. Backed by SHADY and AFTERMATH, 50’s future looks to be very promising so don’t expect him to go anywhere.

E. J. Rizo

Re:50 Cent-review by WcRydaz
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 09:59:57 PM »
i totally agree with the review

Kain670

Re:50 Cent-review by WcRydaz
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 01:41:05 PM »
1 Intro
2 What Up Gangsta - 4
3 Patiently Waiting - 5*
4 Many Men - 4
5 In Da Club - 5