Author Topic: Blaze's 50 Greatest MCs Ever!  (Read 452 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Blaze's 50 Greatest MCs Ever!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2003, 11:27:09 PM »
last time i checked biggie only put out one album before his death as well

Yes, then Life After Death in 1997.  This list was made at the end of 1998.

no impact? if i remember correctly he started the horrocore genre with devils son. not to mention the countless number of rappers biting his style off lifestylez...

I don't know about that.  But the fact is, at the end of '98 Big L was basically unknown.  He had one album in 1995, I don't know if I see another emcee on that list that only had one album.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2003, 02:28:45 AM »
Although I don't agree with their list of the top 50 MC's overall I was happy to see Treach mentioned, I feel he's pretty underrated. Also, I can't believe they didn't mention Nas' "Illmatic" as one of the most influential albums of the 90's  :o And if they're gonna mention Biggie in that list they should of listed "Ready to Die"!!

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2003, 10:28:21 AM »
I was happy to see Treach mentioned, I feel he's pretty underrated.

Word! Naughty By Nature is underrated as fuck. So many classic joints and Treach had one of the illest flows.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2003, 11:32:10 AM »
Yeah, that was a pretty good list, much better than that top 100 dopest mc's that BET did a couple of years back.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2003, 12:27:41 PM »
That magazine is retarded...

Theres no fucking way that Biz Markie or E-40 are better than Rass Kass....