Author Topic: Nexus - "Cold Dark Night"...!!!DOWNLOAD THE FULL ALBUM NOW!!!  (Read 3233 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Nexus - "Cold Dark Night"...!!!DOWNLOAD THE FULL ALBUM NOW!!!
« on: February 04, 2003, 04:24:09 PM »
Yes! Today is the day!! Nexus of this board has finally released his debut album "Cold Dark Night" after years of delays and pushbacks...Please beleive me when I say this album is blazing...If you don't beleive me, check it out, and you'll see for yourself...

Download the full album Here

or download the album track by track (must be registered and logged in to soundclick.com):

1.Support (Intro)
2.The One
3.Think U Can Feat. Sccit[/url]
4.Unstoppable
5.Still Goin' Strong
6.He Ain't
7.Expectations
8.The Time Has Come Feat. Bishop[/i][/url]
9.What If
10.I Can't Win
11.It's Nothin'
12.Cold Dark Night
13.Again *Bonus Track*[/url]
14.Make It Happen *Bonus Track*[/url]

or simply visit http://www.sccitstylerecords.com/audio.htm or http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/nexus101music.htm

Please don't forget to drop feedback. It's always nice to know the effort wasn't for nothing. Thanks...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:01:14 PM by Now_I_Know »

Suga Foot

Re:Nexus - "Cold Dark Night"...!!!DOWNLOAD THE FULL ALBUM NOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 05:25:40 PM »
Shit!  I'm amazed!  I never thought this would ever drop.  I'm proud of you Nex, finally!  Shit's dope as hell too.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 06:18:43 PM »
Yup!...It's FINALLY done...I can't even beleive it myself...Anyways, Suga Foot, you got any tracks you liked specifically? Any favorites?...Holla'
Back...PeACe

spaceboy464

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 06:45:48 PM »
I have had access to this album for the last few days, and while working on the website for SSR have listened to it. It's really great, I can tell alot of hard work was put into this. Please give this a try. Any one would be interested in CDs???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 06:47:53 PM »
Word...Good lookin' SpaceBoy...I'ma start slangin the album around my area...Don't sleep!

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 07:11:16 PM »
Well I had already heard most of the album, Nexus always sent me the tracks as he finished them, but I wasn't allowed to tell anyone.  The only ones I hadn't heard were "He Ain't" and "Make It Happen".  "He Ain't" is fuckin tite, My fav has always been between "Expectations" and "What If".

KonSICKwence

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • STRAIGHT PIMP... what else is there to say?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 07:24:26 PM »
aiiyght i peeped your  albulm nice work shit was ho.

heres my review

1. intro "support" = i thought this was tight beat was nyce ( i've used that sample before or similar sounding) it was nyce intro.

2. "the one" = i've heard this a couple times befor eand dropped feed but its tight. beat was tight. i'm still feelin it.

3."think u can"= beat was blazin who produced that? good lyrics a nyce battle track. scitts part was alright. i've heard better from both of you tho still coo tho.

4. "unstoppable"=i tryed three tiems and kept gettin this: Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information
Request canceled or ignored by serverServer busy or unable to fulfill request. The server is unable to fulfill your request due to extremely high traffic or an unexpected internal error. Please attempt your request again (if you are repeatedly unsuccessful you should notify the site administrator). (Location Code: 26)

5. "still goin strong"= beat was coo lyrics were alright heard better form you but still a cool track.

6. "he aint"=  this was tight beat was also nyce  props with this sht.

7. "expectations"= really feelin the beat who produced this shit? i felt this track nyce flow good lyrics.

8."the time has come"= beat was ill as fuck i felt this shit "rhyme about they watch but dont even know the time" that was tight.. i didn't really feel bishops part sorry... nyce song...it reminds me of the purpose for my creation  (not that i needed to be reminded)

9."what if"= tight beat good flow.

10."cant win"= this is tightnyce double time flow  on this joint ..props.

11."its nothin"= oooh i love this beat this shit was tight once again.

12."cold dark night"=once again shit is ill as fuck really all i can say.

13."aiyght bonus track"= once agian another ill track.

14."make it happen"=tight shit once again.

overall this albulm is blazin i urge everyone to download this shit and spread the word .

ya earned my respect nex i used to think you were just alright. but i feel you in your flow you remind me of my shit in a way different deliveries but the message. keep up man "make it happen"

pz

and if you ever down to do a track get at me.

abeatztreat@aol.com

or abeatztreat on AIM

pz

KonSICKwence
TEXT KonSICKwence's Ineffable Productionz... http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=24092 ..thanx..pz  .[/glow]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 07:35:10 PM »
Thanks for the feedback homie...I'm about to post my own track by track review of the album for ya'll to peep...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 07:47:10 PM »
Here's a quick review I did for the album...Peep:

1.Support (Intro) - One of the better beats on the album. I like this one because the beat totally fits the lyrics. Just some smooth laid back shit that makes you think. It makes you feel what Nexus is saying. A good introduction to the album...4/5

2.The One - This track was released on the "One Love" compilation way back. Everyone liked it so much, that we decided to put it on this album. The beat is some dope ass West Coast shit produced by JayMastaJay. I think this is the perfect opener for the album...4.5/5

3.Think U Can Feat. Sccit - This one is a banger. I love the beat. This track is more West Coast than any other track on the album. One verse by Nexus, and one verse by me (Sccit). Nexus rips the beat into shreds, and I rap one of my better verses...4/5

4.Unstoppable - The first single for the album. This was a bad choice for a first single, because it sounds very East Coast, and it caused the whole board to sleep on Nexus. I personally like the song. Very catchy, but not interesting enough. Nice beat, Nice concept, nice flow...3.5/5

5.Still Goin' Strong - A very old song. None-the-less, I like it a lot. The beat is East Coast, but it's a lot more Up-beat than "Unstoppable"...My only complaint would be the chorus is too monotone. Nexus raps the chorus, and it's hard to tell where the chorus is, and where the verses are because the beat stays the same for the chorus. Still a hot ass track...3.75/5

6.He Ain't - Another West Coast banger. This one is catchy. Nexus sounds a lot different on this one than the other tracks. This one actually takes time to grow on you. At first I wasn't feelin it too much, but than I started really liking it. Tight beat, tight lyrics, tight chorus, tight everything. I also added backround vocals and scratches to this one....4/5

7.Expectations - Ohhhweee!...No chorus, just straight out rhyming about how he feels...The longest verse on the album, and an amazing beat by JayMastaJay...This is on some laidback shit...I like this one a lot...4.5/5

8.The Time Has Come Feat. Bishop - Yes...A dope track with a dope beat, featuring WCC's Bishop who everyone loves. This one is basically explaining the whack state Hip Hop is in today.  Dope verses by both Bishop and Nexus...It's a banger...4/5

9.What If - Before I touched this track up with sound effects and backround vocals, it was too monotone, boring, and repetitive...But now it's pretty cool...Nice song...3.5/5

10.I Can't Win - Honestly, this is one of my all time favorite songs! It's so damn dope, I love it. I have no complaints. Maybe it coulda' been longer, but who gives a fuck? Just keep this muthafucka on replay! If you haven't heard this, kill yourself...5/5

11.It's Nothin' - Nice beat, nice flow, good concept, tight track. Nexus's voice is a little too gruff on this one, but I like it...3.75/5

12.Cold Dark Night - The closing track is the title track. I like it. It puts you in the whole 'Cold Dark Night' mood...Very laid back...Just a track you'd listen too before you go to slep...No complaints...4.25/5

13.Again (*Bonus Track*) - Oh God...I love this...This is the track too bump in a system. Hard ass beat by Jay and a dope ass flow by Nexus. This wasn't meant for the album, but it was so dope that we had to put it on as a Bonus Track. The whole second verse is a diss to Rap Quake of WCC...He rips Quake not 1, but 2 new assholes...Lovin it...4.75/5

14.Make It Happen (*Bonus Track*) - Nice shit...The beat I have to say I'm not feeling...Too Technoish for my taste...But real nice concept, and a strong message sent across...If you want something, you gotta make it happen ya'll...Just for the message/concept of the song, this one gets a 3.5/5

Overall: I can honestly tell you this is one of the best albums I have heard in a long time. This is just some straight up raw shit...I've been bumpin' it for 6 months straight, and still, I haven't gotten tired of it one bit...This album gets doper with every listen...Nexus stays very consistant throughout the whole album...For the simple fact that I've been bumpin this for 6 months, and liked it better with each listen, this one gets a 4.5/5 from me...It's a keeper no doubt...

TKM

• Lil Geezy
  • Doin' It BIG
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 10:59:06 PM »
Flow is laced to perfection.  Nice to see Nex's shit again...
Yo

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 02:12:54 AM »
good shit to see this album droppin !!!

i will down it tonite !
the tracks by nexus on the compilation were one of the best on it..
hope this album is dope ;)

ima holla back later
T
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Cry Me A River

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Like I Love You"
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2003, 06:23:54 AM »
HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Narrator - "Understand Perfection"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "JAVASCRIPT PERFECTION"

WHERE WAS THE REMIX OF "NUTTIN BUT A AOL PARTY" FEAT NARATOR?
SAMPLE OF "GIVE IN TO ME" ORIGINAL. This shit is amazing:....
http://www.hiphop.imaginsinc.com/giveintome.wma

http://www.oneon1inc.com/ <<<<< <<<<<< <<<<<<

KVB

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2003, 08:12:06 AM »
So far, so good... (I'm at track 6) and the album's pretty nice... only complaint I have about this Nexus guy is that he sounds a bit too much like you (Sccit) but it's all good, it's obvious that he got skills... I'll holla back with my album rating later when I have listened through the whole thing... Peace.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2003, 08:13:43 AM »
this is tight, you can see there was alot of effort and time put into this fo sho!!

KVB

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2003, 09:15:07 AM »
Alright.. after listening through the album in full, I award it a strong

[size=10]4/5[/size]

It's a great album, with a lot of nice tracks... other than him (Nexus)  sounding a bit too much like you (Sccit), I have no complaints. I like the album a lot, and it will recieve much rotation from me in the future.

I see Nexus as a very promising rapper, he really shines on this album. I think he got all the aspects of a dope MC... who knows, he might just make it big someday. Again, major props yall ;)

Sccit I was actually feeling your verse on "Think U Can", you stepped up a lot from the days of "Tha Shit" IMO... ;)

Fav. tracks: "I Can't Win", "Still Goin' Strong" & "Think U Can"

Peace
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 09:15:53 AM by KVB »