Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)  (Read 9727 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
This is not really my cup of tea at all, but I'm not a Kendrick fan for the reason I don't like this song -- his writing is too sped up and reminiscent of Andre 3000 in its tempo and so forth.  I came up on G-Funk, that laid back true Westcoast stuff, and this is too nervous-sounding.  Now, I understand why someone would like this if this is your rapping style as a listener, I mean it's not garbage, but it just isn't for me.

Does Kendrick have anything with a sort of normal delivery and a normal Westcoast song?  Something that I can listen to without having to be bothered by the sorts of eccentricities on display here?  The beat is good, and I like the engineering and the vocal deliveries are precise enough and all that (granted, I think Dre's voice doesn't sound like it used to, probably because he's old now, to be honest with you).  But the flows are too quirky and herky-jerky for me to just vibe to and get lost in the song.  They sound like Southern rappers.  But then again that's why generally I don't like Kendrick in the first place.  He's got too much of the South's eccentricities for me -- the bad ones.  Just imo.  The song's good, but personally I don't like listening to this kind of rap.  But I'll be the first to admit I might be too stuck in the 90s.   :-\
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:40:37 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »
its a decent track, the beat is nice & simple, i guess its the new sound these days  :D

sofdark

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2012, 04:49:44 PM »
I'm just glad it came out haha

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2012, 04:57:52 PM »
Not feelin' this. I don't like the beat at all.

the BEAT is PHAT, it's loud as fuck & KNOCKS hard, imho.
with DRE & Kendrick doing their things on this song it has the right Recipe together for possible hope of DETOX appearing wildly & magickally!

or at the very least Kendrick dropping on the math... :D
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »
Been bumpin this all day. Fuckin sick.

Matty

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2012, 05:04:37 PM »

with DRE & Kendrick doing their things on this song it has the right Recipe together for possible hope of DETOX appearing wildly & magickally!

yeah the beat is dope, very clear and thumping. dre mix, summery vibe. but i'd rather be hearing his own beats, i'm sure there's material with much more interesting sounds than this.

Matty

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
This is not really my cup of tea at all, but I'm not a Kendrick fan for the reason I don't like this song -- his writing is too sped up and reminiscent of Andre 3000 in its tempo and so forth.  I came up on G-Funk, that laid back true Westcoast stuff, and this is too nervous-sounding.  Now, I understand why someone would like this if this is your rapping style as a listener, I mean it's not garbage, but it just isn't for me.

Does Kendrick have anything with a sort of normal delivery and a normal Westcoast song?  Something that I can listen to without having to be bothered by the sorts of eccentricities on display here?  The beat is good, and I like the engineering and the vocal deliveries are precise enough and all that (granted, I think Dre's voice doesn't sound like it used to, probably because he's old now, to be honest with you).  But the flows are too quirky and herky-jerky for me to just vibe to and get lost in the song.  They sound like Southern rappers.  But then again that's why generally I don't like Kendrick in the first place.  He's got too much of the South's eccentricities for me -- the bad ones.  Just imo.  The song's good, but personally I don't like listening to this kind of rap.  But I'll be the first to admit I might be too stuck in the 90s.   :-\

great analysis, i get the southern thing. i think this tune coulda been a lot better if the vocals were on a more relaxed vibe, i mean the beat is pretty tropical and all.

Shot Callin

• Lil Geezy
  • Shot Callin'
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
Many good points brought up about the artists and what is good and what's to be desired... but overall you have to admit it comes down to.....

Dope track.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2012, 05:27:01 PM »
Crap as always from Dr.Dre since 2005. Boring track

PLANT

« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »
this song is dope as fuck, straight up!

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »

yeah the beat is dope, very clear and thumping. dre mix, summery vibe. but i'd rather be hearing his own beats, i'm sure there's material with much more interesting sounds than this.

there's no doubt about that. ;D
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
We got this right now. The west has the rap game in a choke hold! So many sick dudes right now in the west, it's really no contest.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Matty

« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »
for real tho, this is a huge co-sign for kendrick, to have dre on an actual single. so regardless of the track the gesture is big. dre was never on singles for like the game, 50. he should do great when the album drops.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »
Dre going to use kendrick to get hot again, that's why he's on the track. Its benefitting to both of them.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2012, 07:35:05 PM »
Dope shit, when the pizzi sounds come in and the synth effect on the hook. Dre rapping like kendrick kind of threw me off but after a few listens it grew on me, I mean a whole album of this type of music would be dope, hell of a step up from that crappy ass I need a doctor song.