Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)  (Read 9772 times)

jeanmiche777

Re: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2012, 09:31:49 AM »
Damn this is dope from the beat to the chorus to the way the last verse switch from Dre to Kendrick

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »
the songs dope, i aint trippin, nothing amazing or game changing or someshit like that but the beat is dope, kendrick comes good even though he aint amazing on it or anything.

y'all gay saying dre don't sound natural on this, nigga aint got a ''natural'' spit, homie only ever spits other niggas rhymes and to be honest, it don't sound bad at all. He sounds just as good
as kendrick on it to me, kendrick aint killin this or nothing, both just spittin similar. I kinda like the hook, kinda a retarded hook but its catchy like some lil wayne shit. 'wu-wu'welcome to laaaaaa'

Only thing I would say is that the beat while real smooth is on some midnight music but not club music if y'all feel what im saying. Instrumental is straight dope though still

This def album worthy material

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »
i dont know what else you were waiting for? its a first single and its kendrick's song, so its going to be chill and easy for ear
i swear you guys make so much problem out of music instead of enjoying it

they should have come with a way better song than this one if they wanted to create a buzz for Kendrick 1st album ... poor way to introduce K Dot to a larger audience ... and by that I don't mean they should have gone pop and completely ignore Kendrick style ... there is nothing great about this song and nothing that makes you anticipate his album more ... Hiiipower and Adhd for instance are just way better songs than this one ...

All this (supposed) time spent in the studio and they couldn't come with a better song than this one ... at least before all the buzz/hype was justified ( 50 , Game, Kanye) , they came with great singles and 1st albums ... nowadays it's dissapointment after dissapointment

In my opinion this is the perfect fit for Kendrick's first single. He didnt go into his "teaching" and kinda social aware mode but still made a sing that suits him, which is a smooth cali anthem for the summer. It's dropping at the right time. For the first single this is just perfectly nice. I dunno what people expect. The beat is on point and the flows are dope, hook is catchy. It has a nice feelgood vibe. The serious shit will be on the album and I guess the 2nd single will go in a different direction anyway. People always yearn for west coast anthems and when one drops they hate on it, lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2012, 10:36:21 AM »
Dre flow has been pretty bad for a while ... and each time he imitates the flow of the rapper who ghostwrites his verse , it's a fail , sounds forced
well usually the one who writes for dre also records vocals for him.

i think dre sounds good on the Die hard snippet.
No problem, everyone has his own perception and opinion. But since I already read a lotta comments (not only on this page) from people who dig the record and also for the fact this this particular line stuck in my head, I brought this point up. We will see how it's doing in the long run, but for now I'm happy with it and I guess the crowd will appreciate this track on Kendrick gigs.

But I don't think this track will bring new fans to Kendrick.  Look at me -- I'm not a Kendrick fan, and the best part of this song for me is the beat and the engineering.  Now, I think the point of this song was to expand Kendrick's audience outside the established hardcore Kendrick fans that he's already got in his back pocket no matter what, to the broader fans of Westcoast music such as myself.  They put Dre on this song because the #1 way to get broad Westcoast fan appeal is to feature Dre or Snoop.  They're probably hoping this song will get attention from general Westcoast rap listeners before they attempt to branch out further to broad rap fans in general.  But I don't think this song accomplishes this stepping stone goal, because imo I'm really only liking the production when I should be drawn into liking Kendrick through this song instead.  Case in point: next Kendrick song that doesn't have a Westcoast feature nor a prominent Westcoast producer, if this song right here worked, I would seek it out, but as of right now, I won't.  So basically this song failed to bring in me as a new listener of Kendrick's music.
i agree with you about kendrick on this song

I thought the purpose of the forum was to give his opinions ... it's not like I'm crying or something ... and as you said that's only my opinion .. still if you are going to hype a song like they did ( "game changer " ect ... ) you better come with a great song
well you know how it goes, you're the bad guy once you get too critical
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:43:17 AM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »

Okka

« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:16 AM »
Well thats your oppinion. Do you really think Hiiipower would be a better single? Maybe for a mixtape only... I personally think its a great song and fits him well.
What song do you want him to come out with? With more wow factor? Nah, thats not how he roll. I always imagined he will come out with similar song like this its just either you like it or not. If you cant find nothing great about this song then maybe its not for you. Theres no way to come out with a song that everybody likes, so if you cant enjoy it, just stop complaining and wait for another one or just listen to other artists

I'm not complaining, Kendrick been my favorite new artist for a while now. I just don't like the song and that's it.

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »
Not feelin' this. I don't like the beat at all.

the BEAT is PHAT, it's loud as fuck & KNOCKS hard, imho.

Loud as fuck and knocks hard? So that's what makes a beat good?

subjectively no.
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Matty

« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2012, 02:13:03 PM »
i'm surprised how many of you like dre's performance, i think he should quit if he keeps rapping like this.

eminem's writings for dre may be average lately, but at least the flow is better

Dre going to use kendrick to get hot again, that's why he's on the track. Its benefitting to both of them.
i don't think so. otherwise detox would have been out after the last single became a hit

yup, he's obviously surrounded by people telling him it sounds cool though. i mean most people in this thread think the delivery is dope, when its easily the worst thing about the record.

i also agree that the vocals on 'die hard' sounded good, but then the eminem hook was laughably bad.

i mean this track is alright, its nice. but in the scheme of things, pretty average. kendrick has better material, dre continues to dissapoint.

westside159

« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »
this song is not all that to me , its not wack but its not great either .

Portugoal

« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »
Just read the last 2 pages and I noticed a bunch of Dre-nerds.

Matty

« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2012, 02:45:14 PM »
Just read the last 2 pages and I noticed a bunch of Dre-nerds.

that would be because Dr. Dre is featured on the track :)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
LMAO its comical how much attention this thread is getting because of three words: Feat. Dr. Dre.

And you posted here at least twice already as well, so don't pretend.

Plus I checked here because it's Kendrick's first single I don't really care about Dre, I just hoped he wouldnt fuck his style up, which he didn't so it's nice and helps Kendrick, so I'm all for it.

I post in every Kendrick thread...you should too.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2012, 03:33:13 PM »
Nice track, but Dre trying to sound original/creative with his rapping always makes me lol. It just doesn't fit his style. Dre only sounds cool when Dre sounds like Dre.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »
I really like this song.  I wonder where all of this is going to go to from here.  I've learned over the years to not get to hype when projects involving Dr. Dre are "in rotation".  Out of everything I've heard, right with ICHBY (og), this is the best thing I've heard
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:59:01 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

jaytee

« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »
Cool track.  With or without Dre vocals, it would be straight.