Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)  (Read 9725 times)

Mista Rosa

Re: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2012, 09:01:21 AM »
This track really bangs. Been on repeat. Cant wait for Kendrick's album and hopefully Detox will follow. Who knows ?
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2012, 11:45:12 AM »
I wouldn't complain if detox sounded like this. Beat is so chilled and perfectly mixed, its a great laidback song to smoke to.
The only thing that bothers me about this is that, from what i've read on the internet, kendrick lamar doesn't smoke weed. So its a bit like he "sold his soul" for money and fame unlike bishop lamont for exemple. Whose single "grow up" was obviously not appreciated by interscope because it didn't glorify violence and drugs.
I don't blame kendrick for doing his thing and i love the track, but at the end of the day who gives the green light for pushing a single ? Definitly not the artists...

I 'm not saying that kendrick is a illuminati agent trying to brainwash the youth by promoting the use of illegal drugs. That would be totally stupid and paranoid.
But without going too far, it's safe to say that the global messages and themes pushed by rappers are consciensly chosen by the elites consisting of label executives etc...
So i just think it's a bit "sad", for lack of a better word, that kendrick had to follow that direction, especially if he doesn't even smoke.

The D.O.C and

Jimmy H.

« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »
I 'm not saying that kendrick is a illuminati agent trying to brainwash the youth by promoting the use of illegal drugs. That would be totally stupid and paranoid.
But without going too far, it's safe to say that the global messages and themes pushed by rappers are consciensly chosen by the elites consisting of label executives etc...
So i just think it's a bit "sad", for lack of a better word, that kendrick had to follow that direction, especially if he doesn't even smoke.

While I don't know enough about Kendrick Lamar to disagree or agree with what you're saying, I like that you are taking a more realistic approach then all these "Oh! It's the Illuminati destorying hip-hop" folks.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »
I wouldn't complain if detox sounded like this. Beat is so chilled and perfectly mixed, its a great laidback song to smoke to.
The only thing that bothers me about this is that, from what i've read on the internet, kendrick lamar doesn't smoke weed. So its a bit like he "sold his soul" for money and fame unlike bishop lamont for exemple. Whose single "grow up" was obviously not appreciated by interscope because it didn't glorify violence and drugs.
I don't blame kendrick for doing his thing and i love the track, but at the end of the day who gives the green light for pushing a single ? Definitly not the artists...

On his track "H.O.C." he's telling the story why he doesn't smoke weed. But you don't have to take every track of Kendrick as him talking about him personally. As he did with Section.80, he speaks from the point of view of a whole generation. It's not the first time he rapped about weed and this track right here is more meant like an anthem for the folks in los angeles and therefore you gotta mention weed since the west coast is famous for it. He is not really talking from his personal perspective on this song, more from a general one, you know?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

dameons

« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »
This shit flopped hard ! Ain't noboby talking about this shit east of Arizona ..... Gotta do better if u want sales than just having it played on your local radio station .

thegooddoc

« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
This shit flopped hard ! Ain't noboby talking about this shit east of Arizona ..... Gotta do better if u want sales than just having it played on your local radio station .

As much as I was hoping this track would push Dre to release Detox, this track has absolutely no buzz and can't even crack the top 10 on the Itunes hip hop/rap charts let alone the overall charts.  I think Kendrick and Dre have chemistry on this song, but the track is weak.  Dre needs to stop messing around and take ownership of his tracks by producing them properly again or hang it up.

Cali_Heat

« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2012, 01:22:44 AM »
they must put the official Video out ,for bertter marketing ,and go with it International!!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #247 on: April 08, 2012, 02:53:59 AM »

As much as I was hoping this track would push Dre to release Detox, this track has absolutely no buzz and can't even crack the top 10 on the Itunes hip hop/rap charts let alone the overall charts.  I think Kendrick and Dre have chemistry on this song, but the track is weak.  Dre needs to stop messing around and take ownership of his tracks by producing them properly again or hang it up.

Lol at no buzz, track has over 38,000 plays on hiphopdx alone, I'd say it's doing alright. Ya'll called "I Need A Doctor" a flop and that shit went double platinum ::)

Cali_Heat

« Reply #248 on: April 08, 2012, 03:29:49 AM »

Lol at no buzz, track has over 38,000 plays on hiphopdx alone, I'd say it's doing alright. Ya'll called "I Need A Doctor" a flop and that shit went double platinum ::)

I think so too,on April 10-13 the Track goes International on all Amazon stores

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #249 on: April 08, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »
lmao at people expecting a Kendrick Lamar single to be as successful as a Detox single feat. Eminem. He's an independent rapper with no major backing. At best its going to do similar to Hiiipower.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #250 on: April 08, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »
This is a great record. Been on repeat (literally) since it dropped.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
lmao at people expecting a Kendrick Lamar single to be as successful as a Detox single feat. Eminem. He's an independent rapper with no major backing. At best its going to do similar to Hiiipower.

WTF? Lmao @ independent rapper with no backing. He's signed to aftermath, that's about as far away from independent as you can get.And he's been signed for a while even though it was just announced. It wasn't an accident he was on games album.

HUSTLEDADON

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #252 on: April 08, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »
KEEP IT ACTIVE KENDRICK.... WE BUMPING THAT SHIT............ DEEEETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!! 8)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2012, 03:25:23 PM »
Kendrick is not an independent artist anymore - if you look up his track on iTunes the label is "Aftermath/Interscope" - he's got majors backing him now.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »
its a real dope track! Scoop Deville drop a fuckin good chillin' beat! This track needs a good video