Author Topic: I Compare The Current War With Vietman......  (Read 108 times)

infinite59

I Compare The Current War With Vietman......
« on: November 28, 2001, 03:31:47 AM »
The Vietnamese conflict was in all actuality a civil war.  The U.S. involvement was unnecesarry.  But President Johnson justified our involvement under the principal that we were supporting the 'peace loving, democratic south', against the 'communist North.'   America's involvement eventually transformed the civil war into a near World War, in which many families were seperated and lives were lost.

The current war started as a disagreement between Isreal, and Palestine.  America gave it's support to Isreal.  Infultrating our soldeirs into Palestinian terriotory.  And until we remove our soldiers Bin Laden has forcasted more terror.  

I'm not completely clear on what justifies our involvement in the Middle East.  But I believe it has to do with Religion, economics, and possibly oil.  If someone is more knowledgeable on our involvement, please enlighten me.

Both situations were I feel that the U.S. would have been better off taking a "hands off" approach.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: I Compare The Current War With Vietman......
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2001, 01:43:06 PM »
i'm not trying to hate on arafat here cuz i've seen like 3 biographies on him in school and he's an aright leader

but Clinton was trying to get them 2 to get to settle their differences and was DAMN close then Arafat did a 180, i mean wtf

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2001, 12:33:20 AM »

i'm not trying to hate on arafat here cuz i've seen like 3 biographies on him in school and he's an aright leader

but Clinton was trying to get them 2 to get to settle their differences and was DAMN close then Arafat did a 180, i mean wtf

yo jake.....i don know what you read bout arafat dawg.....but i know a coupla thingz bout arafat.....he"z an old terrorist veteran, he waz doin all kinds of terroristc  shitz befo becomin tha leader of tha outonomy....anyway...him bitchin durin tha agreementz ain sonmethin new fo Israel...he got all kinds of shitz effectin hiz judgment and it includes all of these palestinian terroristic orgz......
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2001, 11:09:33 AM »
Basically, you can say the same about Sharon.

Arafat did a 180 on clinton, I think that was bitchmade, and I've felt kind of pessimistic towards palestine ever since.  

Religion IS involved, but it's a lot deeper than most peeps think, I think.  I think a lot of it has to do with protecting what the u.s. considers important artifacts you know in Israel, and they probably fear that if palestenians were able to overtake the city of jerusalem, it would really upset the ones who hold the power in america.  This is NOT ANTI MUSLIM.  This is just america trying to protect israel, I think, because right now they feel jerusalem is safe.  They don't feel comfortable having a change of owners right now, LOL.

It's not america trying to hurt muslims, I think they're just trying to freeze everything how it is right now.

Peace

p.s. vietnam shouldn't have happened, you're right.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2001, 02:13:45 AM »
no....you cant sy tha same bout sharon....id on know what ya meant Trauma.....sharon waz an army figga.......
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?