Author Topic: a closer look at No Limit era Snoop  (Read 909 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: a closer look at No Limit era Snoop
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 06:40:34 AM »
still a g thang was underrated IMO, dope track 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »
the main flaw in TGITBTNS is the mixing.

they didnt know how to get snoops voice to mesh with the track. snoop wasnt confident enough in his own sound and needed a dre or someone like that to say hey go back and spit this line harder or say it different.

pretty much

Snoop was still hungry with No Limit.....right now, he's beyond comfortable, eating off of effortless music. thats why rappers get worse as they get older...it's all matter of hunger.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »
g raps last shit let me down ive been a g rap fan since his 2nd album when i was in elementary. my uncles used to play it like it was the hardest shit they ever heard. his last album he didnt sound hungry and he seemed to be conforming his style a bit....sean p i got mad respect for, he dont cater to radio or anything he makes his gritty boom bap shit and wont compromise that for shit. imo hes the spokesperson for the working class 30 something hip hop crowd.

G Rap and Necro are about to release an album I think with Necro on the boards
should be dope

this