Author Topic: Is Kendrec McDade the Next Trayvon Martin?  (Read 1103 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is Kendrec McDade the Next Trayvon Martin?
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »
Is Kendrec McDade the Next Trayvon Martin? L.A. Civil Rights Leaders Question Pasadena Police Shooting.

While the nation copes with the sickening murder of 17-year-old black boy Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watchman, we might have our own civil-rights battle to fight right here at home.

Kendrec McDade, a popular 19-year-old football star who had recently graduated from Azusa High, was shot dead by Pasadena cops on Saturday night. The story originally ran like this: "Armed robbery suspect shot and killed by police in Pasadena." However, the Pasadena Police Department has yet to find evidence that McDade was armed.

And so the Trayvon comparisons set in.

Eric Hutchinson, local radio host and president of the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable, thinks this could be a deadly case of police racism. (Hutchinson was heavily involved in another Pasadena officer-involved shooting in 2009 -- that of young black man Leroy Barnes, whose family has since filed a "wrongful death" lawsuit.)

Along with seven other L.A. civil-rights leaders, Hutchinson is demanding that Pasadena Police Chief Phillip Sanchez attend an "emergency meeting" to "walk through the narrative" of exactly why and how McDade was gunned down.

The two officers who riddled McDade with bullets on Saturday night have yet to be named, despite a new state law saying they must be. (We've contacted the department for that information.)

All accounts of the young student-athlete make him out to be a good, hardworking kid.

"I never would've thought this would've happened to him," his coach, Joe Scherf, tells the Pasadena Sun. "He was a good kid who was never in trouble, never got suspended from school or anything like that."

Also: "I just never thought he would have a gun."

That's one of the most concerning aspects of this shooting, says Hutchinson. The Pasadena PD -- with help from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department -- has been searching high and low with helicopters and bloodhounds for any trace of McDade's alleged weapon.

To no avail.

"You claim there's an armed robbery, but there's no gun," says Hutchinson. "Now, I don't know many people who can commit armed robberies with no gun."

The whole concept of McDade being armed in the first place was based on a 911 call from a man who claimed McDade and his 17-year-old friend had just tried to rob his car. The man said he had seen one of them flash a gun. From the Sun:

Police received a call at 11:04 p.m. from a man who said he was driving in pursuit of two men who had taken items from his car as he visited a taco truck. The two had asked him to buy food and he had refused, [Lieutenant Phlunte Riddle] said. When he return to his parked car he saw the two men inside and confronted them. One of the men flashed a silver or chrome gun and the man backed off, Riddle said.

During a subsequent foot chase with McDade, the cops claimed he reached toward his waistband.

But Hutchinson says the story reeks of racism. If a white kids' hands had wandered toward his waistband, would police have used deadly force?

"There are too many holes in the story," says Hutchinson. "They just have some explaining to do."

To add insult to injury, McDade's 17-year-old accomplice has been arrested for his friend's murder. That's because California law stipulates that if you commit certain types of felonies -- including armed robberies -- you're ultimately responsible for any death that occurs as a result.

McDade's killing likewise dredges up painful memories of last year's LAPD shooting of unarmed black football star Reggie Doucet, Jr.

"It always fits the same pattern," says Hutchinson.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Kendrec McDade the Next Trayvon Martin?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:25:44 AM »
Police shoot people when they shouldnt have all the fuckin time, white and black. 

So is he the next race martyr that the dumbass media will latch on to and blow up, yes probably.

I feel bad for both of these kids' families (martins family trying to make $ off of trayvon is a huge red flag but whatever), but people are waaaaay to stupid in this country to think that both these cases happened because they were black. 

Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
I do find it comical how black people go out of their way to tie an entire genre to their race, have songs like this & then throw their hands up every time a black kid gets popped like he was a saint lol.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1M8vei3L0L8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1M8vei3L0L8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t0vNnuP8XTU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t0vNnuP8XTU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ik4KGk6PKyA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ik4KGk6PKyA</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
but when black people start tearing shit up white people get scared.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:56:30 PM »

lol, actually when black people start "tearing shit up", we pull guns & then you cry to media that we're all racist lmao.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »

lol, actually when black people start "tearing shit up", we pull guns & then you cry to media that we're all racist lmao.
yeah the reason why zimmerman is hiding out and afraid for his life right ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
Police shoot people when they shouldnt have all the fuckin time, white and black. 

So is he the next race martyr that the dumbass media will latch on to and blow up, yes probably.

I feel bad for both of these kids' families (martins family trying to make $ off of trayvon is a huge red flag but whatever), but people are waaaaay to stupid in this country to think that both these cases happened because they were black. 

You don't give the media enough credit, this isn't dumb of them at all, it's conducted in this way intentionally.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »

LOL so which is it "poor victims" or "superhuman punishers".  Oh wait its whatever suits you atm huh.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 06:33:54 PM »

You don't give the media enough credit, this isn't dumb of them at all, it's conducted in this way intentionally.

I do think what your saying is a legit possibility, absolutely.  Plus, we as americans have definetley been conditioned to view certain races as victims, and certain races as perpatrators no matter the circumstances.   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:35:25 PM by Russell Bell »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 09:41:07 PM »

The man is hiding out because he got fucked up by some kid in the first place, defended himself & now America has been brainwashed to put him on the electric chair because people like you who don't look at the situation & just see "white dude killed black kid...racist" are demanding it. I'd be scared too lmao. & Stop acting like you'd even have given a fuck & still be on it if Zimmerman killed Larry Whiteguy or Jose Rivera or Jermey Lin.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

The man is hiding out because he got fucked up by some kid in the first place, defended himself & now America has been brainwashed to put him on the electric chair because people like you who don't look at the situation & just see "white dude killed black kid...racist" are demanding it. I'd be scared too lmao. & Stop acting like you'd even have given a fuck & still be on it if Zimmerman killed Larry Whiteguy or Jose Rivera or Jermey Lin.
he killed that boy for no reason. that boy didn't do shit to him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »

he killed that boy for no reason. that boy didn't do shit to him.

I mean, that's not what's in the report. But you're entitled to your own opinion.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 09:20:30 PM »
what are you black people going to tear up  ??? your on people and neighbour hoods lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »
what are you black people going to tear up  ??? your on people and neighbour hoods lol

What you mean? You mean Black people, on a regular basis, kill people? I thought that culture was based on friendships & Gandi-like peace talks.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »
your neighborhood fool !!!!!!!!!