Author Topic: Colin Powell's Evidence  (Read 754 times)

Kaidy

Re:Colin Powell's Evidence
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2003, 06:16:54 PM »
One thing that came up that I don't understand is they claim they had these satellite photos and documental evidence in November. Why has it taken them nearly 3 months to present it to the UN? They were as eager to go to war back in November, why didn't this information come forward sooner?

Woodrow

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2003, 06:30:31 PM »
From what I've gathered, There was a huge debate between the intelligence community and Bush/cabinent on what to release. Im really suprised they released this much. It's purely an intelligence thing. When they released the radio intercepts, It shows the Iraqi's when they were listening, to what type of equimpment they were listening to, and who they were listening to. Do you really think the Iraqi's are going to use that form of communictaion any more? It cut off that source from here on out. The Iraqi's would be VERY stupid to use that type of equipment and talk about what they talked about dso feely again in the future. Pretty much, we just cut ourselves off from an intelligence source.

Same thing with satelites. They now can trace back when they were moving things, and realize that there is was a satelite watching them. Also the US didn't want it known what type of precision they had with the satelites. I'm sure they didn't use their best pictures, but it still shows our enemies across the world the technological card we hold.

As far as human sources go. It's probably a little harder, but the Iraqi's could trace back what they said to whom, and figure out where the leaks are coming from.

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2003, 06:55:26 AM »
I have read this report and I have known most of it for some time. My dad knows a former inspector and he told me that in the past they have been moving the weapons on trucks. So I think America did well to identify it. I believe personnally that Iraq has weapons not on the list, and those weapons should be destroyed.
However, I dont think the Iraqi people need to suffer anymore. They are as brainwashed in Iraq about how great Saddam is as you in America are about Bush. This will lead them to the same kind of blind faith which will lead them to death. If the UN, which is the world police (not america) is to be respected and seen as legitimate, the inspection team needs to be seen to complete there work and come to their own conclusions, away from political pressure.Of course they are being spyed on, I don't see how that can be a problem when the whole US report was based on spying on Iraqis. If the inspectors report tells us that weapons have been found, push for a new resolution. If not, push for increased negotiations whereby saddam is forced to scale down his weapons plan, perhaps in exchange for a similar measure by Israel. This could be coordinated using the scientific and technological means the US has. All of this is based on the fact that america is commited to peace, which is questionable.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2003, 07:15:29 AM »
Iraq has chemical weapons available for use on the battlefield - so do many other nations, they have hidden weapons - but they don't have anything that can reach the US ffs, why not increase the inspectors GIVE THEM THE INTELLIGENCE THAT THE US DELIBERATELY HELD BACK, and disarm them.  Democracies cannot fight pre-emptive wars on other countries.  What will stop Israel saying to Iran, we know you have WMDs, we are going to invade if you don't disarm?  lol, it's a ridiculous situation.  

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2003, 12:26:08 PM »
Yo Cracka J, you don't by any chance drive a maroon baretta do you?