Author Topic: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)  (Read 7892 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:55:04 PM »
If they're gonna re-release tracks they've already dropped, they could at least grab some of those dope songs from Snoop's Lost Sessions and master them properly. This is another one of those releases were everything just seems so goddamn random. With all the space on a CD, they are only giving us 12 tracks and 5 of them are new? It would be one thing if they took some of the better songs from Lost Sessions, LBC Crew, and Ultimate Death Row Box Set properly mastered them and mixed them in with some unreleased goodies but this? It's like that Against The Grain re-release with a new title and a weird track order. What is the point?

doggfather

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 12:03:15 AM »
gonna check this
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 01:13:45 AM »
tracklist looks good,

this is the Bow Wow track that Dr Dre produced right?

--->
After 3 (Lil Bow Wow feat Jewell, CPO, Kurupt)

There's a few Dre produced ones.

Portugoal

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 03:30:58 AM »
Some of you guys always find something to bitch about. The great thing about WA was that they'd release unheard songs. Now that they are releasing some of it, you still complain.

I look forward to the new tracks and hopefully that CPO track is CDQ, but if it ain't, it ain't. If I see the cd in a store somewhere (or online), I might even pick it up as this will become a rarity. :)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 06:10:48 AM »
Some of you guys always find something to bitch about. The great thing about WA was that they'd release unheard songs. Now that they are releasing some of it, you still complain.

I look forward to the new tracks and hopefully that CPO track is CDQ, but if it ain't, it ain't. If I see the cd in a store somewhere (or online), I might even pick it up as this will become a rarity. :)

While this is true, they still make bizarre decisions that make you question what theyre doing.

Whats the point of songs like 6 shooter and this type of flow being on this? They already released them.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 06:16:41 AM »

While this is true, they still make bizarre decisions that make you question what theyre doing.

Whats the point of songs like 6 shooter and this type of flow being on this? They already released them.

no prob if they put 1 or 2 already released songs on this, maybe alternate versions or better quality. But more than half of the album is well know and the majority was released through them (aint got no time, 6 shooter, type of flow, sticky situations...) and not on bootlegs! I think 12 songs on a cd is not enough at all, the run time will be around 50 minutes minus the double and triple released tracks we`ll get 20 minutes of new music

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 06:16:52 AM »
Corny

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 06:27:25 AM »

That CPO track had been out on cd - Uninvited Guest OST for 10 years in CQD.

Whats so important u need it again?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 07:02:23 AM »
I'm surprised WideAwake hasn't done anything fairly big to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Death Row being founded

Efrain

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 10:14:05 AM »
Holy shit I thought this was a joke.. but it's actually real?? Wow what a waste of time. These guys are completely clueless.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »
Holy shit I thought this was a joke.. but it's actually real?? Wow what a waste of time. These guys are completely clueless.
In all fairness, while wideawake has made a few dumb moves, I'm sure that there's a lot going on behind the scenes. Obviously Dre isn't on board yet, Amaru Records is likely not 100% behind a Pac release (which should've come out already), and maybe the other better known former Death Row artists want too much money to sign off on those releases.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »
In all fairness, while wideawake has made a few dumb moves, I'm sure that there's a lot going on behind the scenes. Obviously Dre isn't on board yet, Amaru Records is likely not 100% behind a Pac release (which should've come out already), and maybe the other better known former Death Row artists want too much money to sign off on those releases.

There's a simple solution to that, put all the good shit out and give all of the scraps to tha original artists and producers (and writers).  Fuck it, cash out with a bang.  If an artists or producer has a shitty/filler song then they're entitled to keep that song.  I betchu that they'll end up handing over alot of songs and beats too.    

Keep all of the good shit and hand over the other shit.  Everybody gets broke off a piece of their own and Everybody's conscience.  Kurupt and OFTB and all of them other guys shouldn't be so focused on tha past anyway.  It's good to reminise but get over it.  Nobody is really making any money here, it's all pipe dreams.  The music is far from worthless or deniable [*no ass kissin*] but economically nobody is going to win.  WideAwake isn't hardly going to get all that they said accomplished, they don't have any real investors (i believe), becuz if they did then most of the projects that have already been released wouldn't have come out the way they have and we woulda atleast have had a trailer to a movie right now or a release!

What they should've did was reach out to people like Slim and Birdman or Master P and people with pull in tha community and make some solid connections and broke people off and got put on with other moves to make money.  Everybody loves Death Row that makes 10 figures or better like Kanye West and The Neptunes and Timbaland.  They shouldn't have had a problem finding people to invest/creditor and provide proper creative input (if wanted) for the projects.  

*I kinda think WideAwake's moves look a little suspect.  A few of their actions have been funny
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:36:08 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »
Dr. Dre and Amaru are not keeping them from putting out polished albums with decent tracklists. They are charging anywhere from $12-$18 for these releases and they are not even putting the right mindstate into organizing them. If they're gonna dip into songs they already put out, they should think about the best material from a selling point. Maybe a properly-mixed "Doggystyle" or the "Natural Born Killaz" Sam Sneed mix at the right play speed. Hell, you could probably grab any of those MP3 bonus tracks off the Chronic Re-Lit, something off Lost Sessions, the new Kurupt tracks from Down N Dirty, or choice cuts from Crooked I, Danny Boy, Sam Sneed, and OFTB's albums if they just want to recycle. LBC Crew "Six Shooter" is a good song but if it's just the same version we got already, I don't see the point, especially when it's not something that is going to sell to a wider audience. Wideawake is in the music-selling business and it's just odd that with that deep a catalog, they would put out a project like this. Hell, if you look back at those two "15 Years" Death Row project compilations that came out, those were actually well-organized. Nothing unreleased that I recall but a lot of rare B-sides and stuff of the sort.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »
im literally laughing here...there has to be some sort of secret clause we arent knowing about for shit to be this backwards....no, i refuse to pay for this shit...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 10:42:29 AM »
Dr. Dre and Amaru are not keeping them from putting out polished albums with decent tracklists. They are charging anywhere from $12-$18 for these releases and they are not even putting the right mindstate into organizing them. If they're gonna dip into songs they already put out, they should think about the best material from a selling point. Maybe a properly-mixed "Doggystyle" or the "Natural Born Killaz" Sam Sneed mix at the right play speed. Hell, you could probably grab any of those MP3 bonus tracks off the Chronic Re-Lit, something off Lost Sessions, the new Kurupt tracks from Down N Dirty, or choice cuts from Crooked I, Danny Boy, Sam Sneed, and OFTB's albums if they just want to recycle. LBC Crew "Six Shooter" is a good song but if it's just the same version we got already, I don't see the point, especially when it's not something that is going to sell to a wider audience. Wideawake is in the music-selling business and it's just odd that with that deep a catalog, they would put out a project like this. Hell, if you look back at those two "15 Years" Death Row project compilations that came out, those were actually well-organized. Nothing unreleased that I recall but a lot of rare B-sides and stuff of the sort.

yeah 15 years on death row had some b sides and radio edit songs that were dope