Author Topic: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)  (Read 7983 times)

V2DHeart

Re: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »
Re-release the entire back catalouge with a release each month with 1/2 previously unreleased bonus songs from that time period/recording sessions:

May 2012 - Doggystyle (with 1 bonus song)
June 2012 - Above The Rim (with 2 Bonus songs)
July 2012 - Murder was the case (with 2 bonus songs)
August 2012 - Dogg Food (with 1 bonus song)

so on, and so on, until they got up to Chronic 2000.. Take some of the money from these bankable, and proftiable albums that still sell today, and use it to 1) pay back investors, and 2) invest in the future, and put money into making any "New" future releases sound nice, and have better promotion and artist backing

This shitting out bootleg-quality material while the heads are turned away does nothing for the label
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »
I dont like buying stuff that was released before
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Efrain

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »
Re-release the entire back catalouge with a release each month with 1/2 previously unreleased bonus songs from that time period/recording sessions:

May 2012 - Doggystyle (with 1 bonus song)
June 2012 - Above The Rim (with 2 Bonus songs)
July 2012 - Murder was the case (with 2 bonus songs)
August 2012 - Dogg Food (with 1 bonus song)

so on, and so on, until they got up to Chronic 2000.. Take some of the money from these bankable, and proftiable albums that still sell today, and use it to 1) pay back investors, and 2) invest in the future, and put money into making any "New" future releases sound nice, and have better promotion and artist backing

This shitting out bootleg-quality material while the heads are turned away does nothing for the label

Exactly. How hard is that???

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »
also that kurupt n ksolo track isnt unheard was leaked years ago. wish i still had my old tapes

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »
also that kurupt n ksolo track isnt unheard was leaked years ago. wish i still had my old tapes
cant say ive heard it before

doggfather

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 11:08:55 PM »
I dont like buying stuff that was released before
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 11:11:28 PM »

Wasn't that just a freestyle with those 2?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 01:23:20 AM »
They should re-release Doggystyle with "G'z Up, Hoes Down" back in the tracklist as Death Row now has it cleared for release.

aerroc

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 03:03:20 AM »
why r people still talking bout this shit album its gonna suck end of story till the nest w.a album

Will_B

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 03:25:25 AM »
why r people still talking bout this shit album its gonna suck end of story till the nest w.a album

People on here don't understand how business works. Wide awake could put out a cd with only 1 or 2 new unheard tracks on it and people will buy it. They're gonna be exploiting that right as long as they have ownership of the catalogue.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 03:45:01 AM »

People on here don't understand how business works. Wide awake could put out a cd with only 1 or 2 new unheard tracks on it and people will buy it. They're gonna be exploiting that right as long as they have ownership of the catalogue.

"dont understand how business works"
and im sure that u do?
just because nostalgic cd-purists n collectors just like yourself decides to buy a physical compact disc cuz of  2 or 3 new tracks, doesnt mean the opposition will do the same.
rest of us will downlaod it
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:54:58 AM by Michael Madsen (Der Führer des Dritten Reichs) »

Will_B

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 03:56:32 AM »

and im sure that u do?
just because nostalgic cd-purists n collectors just like yourself decides to buy a physcial compact disc cuz of  2 or 3 new tracks, doesnt mean the opposition will do the same.

People who download music without paying, will do that regardless.

Even more reason for Wideawake to limit the flow of 'unheard' tracks being released, like they are.

For those who don't live out their lives online, this cd will be in stores promoting the brand...and moving units. And collectors and die hard fans worldwide will still get it from eShops etc. And Wideawake still got tracks for days sat in the vault.

LostSkanless

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 03:57:21 AM »
wolf tickets  (Produced by Sam Sneed)
after 3 (Produced by Daz)
3 wishes (Produced by DJ Quik)

im actually surprised with this release, with john pain running things we should be thankful we even get this. if john pain chose the songs above it was pure luck or a fuck up, cause that seems to be the only way we get anything good...example natural born killas w/ sam sneed.

Okka

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 04:02:26 AM »
Not interested. I hope people from WideAwake are readin' DubCC and they understand that they're fuckin up.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 04:09:19 AM »

and im sure that u do?
just because nostalgic cd-purists n collectors just like yourself decides to buy a physcial compact disc cuz of  2 or 3 new tracks, doesnt mean the opposition will do the same.

People who download music without paying, will do that regardless.

Even more reason for Wideawake to limit the flow of 'unheard' tracks being released, like they are.

For those who don't live out their lives online, this cd will be in stores promoting the brand...and moving units. And collectors and die hard fans worldwide will still get it from eShops etc. And Wideawake still got tracks for days sat in the vault.

i disagree,
people dont buy cd's anymore, therefore limiting the diversity of new & exclusive music, will only slow down possible sales for new product

a conventional music-customer wold buy this project if it was all new tracks or somethin more fancier, but since the release is an obvious rip-off, only nostaglic cd-purists like urself would buy it (the people who spend money on a release  if there is only one *new* song on it)

it might postpone the catalogue, n give WideAwake somethin more to relaese routinely,, but i dont think its a succesful move thru a revenue-perspective

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:11:06 AM by Michael Madsen (Der Führer des Dritten Reichs) »