Author Topic: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)  (Read 7890 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
in the beggining i supported wideawake but this is a fucking joke...clearly they just dont give a fuck anymore. they're just trying to cash out the leftover material, trust me when i tell you that they are keeping the VERY BEST material to themselves..ill download this one ;)

great business move too

lets drop 26 million on death row music and then not release any 2pac or dr. dre

you know Dre would let them release his shit if they paid him properly...Dre is all about money.

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2012, 11:15:50 AM »
in the beggining i supported wideawake but this is a fucking joke...clearly they just dont give a fuck anymore. they're just trying to cash out the leftover material, trust me when i tell you that they are keeping the VERY BEST material to themselves..ill download this one ;)

The boxset really nailed home the fact that they're keeping the best of the music to themselves. The more I held that boxset the more I realized Inside Out should have made up discs 2 and 3.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2012, 12:25:10 PM »

The boxset really nailed home the fact that they're keeping the best of the music to themselves. The more I held that boxset the more I realized Inside Out should have made up discs 2 and 3.

well i gotta say i am very thankful for them to release "Real Thugs", "DOggystyle 96" and "6 Shooter"

oh and that t shirt makes a nice dish rag  8)

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2012, 01:38:12 PM »

well i gotta say i am very thankful for them to release "Real Thugs", "DOggystyle 96" and "6 Shooter"

oh and that t shirt makes a nice dish rag  8)

I liked those tracks too and These Reasons but the way they just threw it all together wasn't great.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
I hear ya scratch

i wasn't excited about buying a CD with "gin and juice" on it for the 100x time lmao

Jimmy H.

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »
Someone else said Doggystyle with G'z Up Hoez Down would be nice, but it's going to take more than one extra song to get sales, especially when the fanbase that actually knows that song probably already has it in some form and likely won't drop another $12 just to have it.  They'd need to put more bonuses on that... the original Next Episode would definitely get my $12, I'd be at Best Buy at 10am right when they open to buy that.
Not really. It's a catalog title. Putting out a remastered version of Doggystyle with the original tracklist would work in terms of making it the DEFINITIVE version to buy. You're now competing with the older titles and make them irrelevant in the sense that instead of buying a used copy with one less track or a brand new copy of an older re-issue, anyone looking to get the album for the first time or buy a replacement will go there. I mean, you could also put together a "Deluxe" edition with a bonus CD of remixes, instrumentals, and so forth but they don't need a shit load of unreleased tracks on Doggystyle. It's a classic how it is. There's a reason labels do these re-issues all the time.

last release they didnt fuck up was the ultimate death row collection...which was in 2009!  jesus they suck
Maybe from your perspective, they didn't "fuck up" on that one but to me, all they did was mix in a disc of greatest hits with two CD's worth of poorly-mixed unreleased stuff and even then, they had like one or two random old sons in there for no reason. The problem I had with releases like this, the Snoop one, and the LBC Crew was that even though, they had some amazing songs, the sound quality was lousy on so many of them. They included this rare mix of "Natural Born Killaz" with Sneed and they didn't even put it out with the correct playing speed.

2euce 7even

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2012, 11:36:04 PM »
stupid MF labeled crooked i as redrum
thanks for bloody mary´s tracks but only 4 songs unreleased on the whole CD.
that sucks.
bloody mary´s ish sounds RAW.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »
the K Solo Kurupt shit should be fiyah

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »

sorry but k-solo was wack in 1992 & he's still wack in 2012 one of suge's dumbest idea by wanting to sign this bum dmx wanna be, ask dmx about the beef they had ;) k-so wack wanted & stole dmx style back then just like ja fool did with pac...research ;)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2012, 07:47:08 PM »

sorry but k-solo was wack in 1992 & he's still wack in 2012 one of suge's dumbest idea by wanting to sign this bum dmx wanna be, ask dmx about the beef they had ;) k-so wack wanted & stole dmx style back then just like ja fool did with pac...research ;)

DMX wannabe?  lmao you fool

K Solo always drops hot shit....like his songs with Redman.

2euce 7even

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2012, 01:41:06 AM »

this

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2012, 03:07:51 AM »

K-Solo was dope in the early 90s. I think it's dumber to sign an artist & than decide not to release any music of him

Okka

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »
you know Dre would let them release his shit if they paid him properly...Dre is all about money.

There's a reason most of the music was never released. It's unfinished material, that's probably why Dr. Dre doesn't want the shit to come out.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »

great business move too

lets drop 26 million on death row music and then not release any 2pac or dr. dre

Uhhhh no. Dre is a perfectionist concerned with his legacy. He doesn't need the money. If dre was all about the money he'd release all the music he has in the vault which would bank him a ton of money. You couldn't be more off base if you tried.

Will_B

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »
Week 1 sales?? 3-4 copies? ;D