Author Topic: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)  (Read 7887 times)

JohnnyL

Re: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2012, 03:54:48 AM »
FTP's prices were a little high, but at least they were competent at releasing the material.  You could at least count on getting an accurate track listing from them.

Will_B

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2012, 03:56:51 AM »
FTP's prices were a little high, but at least they were competent at releasing the material.  You could at least count on getting an accurate track listing from them.

Yeah but no royalties were going back to the people who actually made the music

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2012, 04:01:53 AM »
Yeah until about the time of the second OFTB release. After that it was you could throw money into a black hole and stood a better chance of getting anything than giving money to them.

Portugoal

« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2012, 04:03:03 AM »

That's the last thing I give a fuck about. The thing that never made me buy an FTP release is that the people behind it were 2Pac-psychos. I would never give my address to those people.

Will_B

« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2012, 04:06:33 AM »

That's the last thing I give a fuck about. The thing that never made me buy an FTP release is that the people behind it were 2Pac-psychos. I would never give my address to those people.

Good point

"Everybody dies nigga!!! Haha!! Everybody dieeesssss!!!!"

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2012, 04:07:36 AM »

Be thankful you didn't lol.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2012, 04:29:46 AM »

yeah people like that faggot Tanner might hunt you down, in search of a new rape victim

Quadruple OG

« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »

This cd is probably going to sell 10 copies so it's not like the royalties from this cd are gonna be lining their pockets. I wasn't too thrilled with FTP putting movie clips into the songs.

Will_B

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2012, 06:48:46 AM »
That O.F.T.B/DPG track on the first FTP release was the clean version too..

Quadruple OG

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2012, 06:51:01 AM »
That O.F.T.B/DPG track on the first FTP release was the clean version too..

I'm surprised WA actually did something right and released the dirty version on the Box Set.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2012, 06:57:20 AM »
I'm surprised no one in this thread has mentioned how the Big Pimpin' track is basically the same one off of Snoop's no limit debut.

Will_B

« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2012, 06:58:36 AM »
I'm surprised no one in this thread has mentioned how the Big Pimpin' track is basically the same one off of Snoop's no limit debut.

Only heard the snippet. But yeah sounds basically the same

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2012, 07:24:14 AM »
Shouldn't it be "25 to Life"

Quadruple OG

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »
Shouldn't it be "25 to Life"

20th anniversary of Death Row being founded

JohnnyL

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2012, 07:51:20 AM »

In the case of Tha Realest, J-Flexx, and O.F.T.B., the artists were supposed to be getting money from those sales.  I have no idea how that worked out, in reality.  It was definitely a bootleg operation, so it wouldn't surprise me if FTP wasn't as much on the up and up with the artists who were involved, as they led people to believe.  But just in terms of the quality of the projects released, I have to give the advantage to FTP over WideAwake, and really, I wouldn't be surprised if most of FTPs projects have outsold WideAwake's.  And for that to be true of a bootleg company, it just shows how ridiculously bad WideAwake has been at putting these projects together.  I've supported most of them, but it's clear at this point that not only is the sound quality lacking, but they're no longer even taking the time to keep track of who's songs were who's.