Author Topic: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)  (Read 7888 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: NEW Wideawake Death Row - 20 To Life (May 8th 2012)
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2012, 01:51:41 PM »
^^^stfu, they're robbing us and u know it.   We dont owe Lara Lavi SHIT, she owes us.

Lara hasnt been involved since 2009

after she got fired for bootlegging right?

they're still bullshittin tho.  i should know Lara has left (even tho u reminded me).  they're making Death Row Records completely irrelevant and obsolete.  i get wanting to move on but atleast do it in grace, this shit is just disrespectful.  The only two releases that haven't been bullshit is Jewell's album and Danny Boy's album and that's becuz it was mostly all original unheard material.  That 3 disk boxset shoulda just been a 1 disk unreleased compilation, why they think people wanna keep buying the same songs over and over again literally is something new to me lol.  I wanna say that "Damn Near Dead" was tite but alot of that was already released smh.

i also see they took the "keep it all original and untouched" request too literal.  clearly the general consensus was keep all of the original instrumentals and unheard verses and album work, not keep literally EVERYTHING the same like the un-mixed tracks and USED vocals.  Again, this is what happens when u take the Niggaz outta tha Nigga Shit.  John Payne should be ashamed, Suge should be ashamed.... i betchu that's the REAL reason why Dre, Pac's estate, Snoop, and Tha Dogg Pound haven't really given the "ok" to release what clearly (and blatantly) everybody wants.  this whole move was just a waste of time.  Yeah we got some cool shit here n there but what else?  

at the end of the day if I was Dre and all of them I wouldn't be so quick to give the "ok" to releasing my OLD shit either, they literally have no idea what they're doing.  Even tho the nostalgia of Death Row Records has died down slightly since before it still doesn't mean they should be doing what they're doing.  The only people who would be complaining on blogs/forums would most likely be the usual suspects on here.  I'm pretty sure if everything was in order then we woulda been had the "OG To BG (Original Version)" released and maybe another song or two from "The Chronic II..." sessions as well, as well as other demos from "Doggystyle" and "Dogg Food" etc etc [money isn't everything and i'm pretty sure these niggaz fully understand that, especially on material that's heading towards a quarter century old in a few years.  Them niggaz can't be that petty, somebody was fucking up at WideAwake.  Just looked at the deal they worked out.

i'm very surprised that they haven't kept up with the times in terms of selling single tracks (i.e. I-Tunes).  i buy shit i can't find for free all of the time on i-Tunes, i just brought that "I Robbed My Homeboy" track by Jo Boy Fresh becuz that nigga's album is impossible to find for free.  And it was more than worth it too.  I'm about to go over the samples again and probably buy that Lil' Bow Wow track and maybe another 1 but that's it, there's literally no reason to buy the full set.  that's just not smart money

it's pretty clear that they've got the fans and CONSUMERS pissed, they should do something about that *seriously.  More than half of the Rap World was anticipating this when it first went down, now u don't hear a squeek.  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:56:00 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2012, 02:34:21 PM »
http://hulkshare.com/dp3m2ubcax1w

i told y'all i was gonna buy it.  i stand by my word.  

this song actually cranks tho... i'm a fan.... where's the album?  i remember back in the early days of Napster some snippet was floating around and all i could remember was i couldn't download the full thing and that Bow Wow didn't rap on it (atleast the version i had).... maybe it was a fake, idk....

i also remember an unreleased XZibit and Eminem track floating around that was the shit.  same situation as the Bow Wow track (only a snippet)... but tha beat was so fuckin hard tho
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:48:03 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »
http://hulkshare.com/dp3m2ubcax1w

i told y'all i was gonna buy it.  i stand by my word.  

this song actually cranks tho... i'm a fan.... where's the album?  i remember back in the early days of Napster some snippet was floating around and all i could remember was i couldn't download the full thing and that Bow Wow didn't rap on it (atleast the version i had).... maybe it was a fake, idk....

i also remember an unreleased XZibit and Eminem track floating around that was the shit.  same situation as the Bow Wow track (only a snippet)... but tha beat was so fuckin hard tho

thanks for the mp3 arthur 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2012, 03:16:02 PM »
tell me u love me

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »
tell me u love me
i don't love you but i love the idea of you

V2DHeart

« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2012, 03:22:20 PM »
^^^stfu, they're robbing us and u know it.   We dont owe Lara Lavi SHIT, she owes us.

Lara hasnt been involved since 2009

after she got fired for bootlegging right?

they're still bullshittin tho.  i should know Lara has left (even tho u reminded me).  they're making Death Row Records completely irrelevant and obsolete.  i get wanting to move on but atleast do it in grace, this shit is just disrespectful.  The only two releases that haven't been bullshit is Jewell's album and Danny Boy's album and that's becuz it was mostly all original unheard material.  That 3 disk boxset shoulda just been a 1 disk unreleased compilation, why they think people wanna keep buying the same songs over and over again literally is something new to me lol.  I wanna say that "Damn Near Dead" was tite but alot of that was already released smh.

i also see they took the "keep it all original and untouched" request too literal.  clearly the general consensus was keep all of the original instrumentals and unheard verses and album work, not keep literally EVERYTHING the same like the un-mixed tracks and USED vocals.  Again, this is what happens when u take the Niggaz outta tha Nigga Shit.  John Payne should be ashamed, Suge should be ashamed.... i betchu that's the REAL reason why Dre, Pac's estate, Snoop, and Tha Dogg Pound haven't really given the "ok" to release what clearly (and blatantly) everybody wants.  this whole move was just a waste of time.  Yeah we got some cool shit here n there but what else?  

at the end of the day if I was Dre and all of them I wouldn't be so quick to give the "ok" to releasing my OLD shit either, they literally have no idea what they're doing.  Even tho the nostalgia of Death Row Records has died down slightly since before it still doesn't mean they should be doing what they're doing.  The only people who would be complaining on blogs/forums would most likely be the usual suspects on here.  I'm pretty sure if everything was in order then we woulda been had the "OG To BG (Original Version)" released and maybe another song or two from "The Chronic II..." sessions as well, as well as other demos from "Doggystyle" and "Dogg Food" etc etc [money isn't everything and i'm pretty sure these niggaz fully understand that, especially on material that's heading towards a quarter century old in a few years.  Them niggaz can't be that petty, somebody was fucking up at WideAwake.  Just looked at the deal they worked out.

i'm very surprised that they haven't kept up with the times in terms of selling single tracks (i.e. I-Tunes).  i buy shit i can't find for free all of the time on i-Tunes, i just brought that "I Robbed My Homeboy" track by Jo Boy Fresh becuz that nigga's album is impossible to find for free.  And it was more than worth it too.  I'm about to go over the samples again and probably buy that Lil' Bow Wow track and maybe another 1 but that's it, there's literally no reason to buy the full set.  that's just not smart money

it's pretty clear that they've got the fans and CONSUMERS pissed, they should do something about that *seriously.  More than half of the Rap World was anticipating this when it first went down, now u don't hear a squeek.  

Agree with that.

The best initial start was the way the Chronic was released. They should have then done a Doggystyle re-release with additional songs too, and so on, and so on until they reached Too Gangsta 4 radio or an equivalent.. Generated income they needed to put out this new material of a high standard and full artist/producer backing on a mainstream level should have been a priority, and that usually happens with a catalog reissue WITH decent advertising. Respect artists wishes, and allow time to renegotiate and work out deals. So what if an artist says they don't want material released today. Tomorrow may be different.

Offering artists to buy, or to put on ITunes, all the lesser known material from unknown artists, or to put one of those unknowns on their website every few weeks to help keep people coming back to visit.. Better merchandise, and possibly even sell a specific number of deluxe Death Row pendants so Mufukka can finally get one to stop him going on about mine.

There was plenty that they could have done, but instead they chose to release tracks fans already have, and to release albums with missing information, and sloppy credits, botched titles, and all sorts of errors... It's nothing more than a professional bootleg company to me... Much like those Trapp 2Pac releases back in the day, or the "1 in 21" albums. They may be professionally pressed, but they are not official, legit, and of a high quality, something you'd expect from The Death Row brand
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »
trapp was the worst bootlegger to ever get a retail distribution deal

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
trapp was the worst bootlegger to ever get a retail distribution deal

u love me, don't lie//// i know u do

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »
Not at all surprised to hear people voice their unhappiness toward WA.  There are plenty of creative and somewhat innovative ideas being thrown around by fans in terms of what FastAsleep could have potentially done to truly resurrect the label.  Mind you, even with the limitations/restrictions of not being able to release new Dre or Pac material, there is still plenty of opportunity to make something worthy of this label and actually make some return on the millions spent to purchase the label.

Let's be honest here, this label has become nothing more that a modern day K Tel records we used to see at Kmart years back.  Payne complains about material being bootlegged, he has the ringleader right under his nose and they actually have him on payroll if you can believe that!  I would never wish ill will toward anyone but seeing this label being run like a fly by night operation is indeed a travesty.  Look at what it has become; they reissue tracks that not only have been released on previous, official albums, but the quality is inferior.  They can't get their tracklisting right, they thank a guy that actually bootlegged their own material, and the cherry on the cake is that their releases aren't even in stores.  Seriously WA, either you guys forgot you are in the music business or a 10 year old is making the decisions down in Toronto!

At this rate WA should open a pizzeria and tell their customers they don't have pepperoni, green peppers, and cheese because this is precisely how they are doing business.  Then they have the audacity to be surprised when artists refuse to give their blessing to projects or allow their material to be released.  The more fans express themselves, the worse they seem to get.  Perhaps we should compile a list of their incompetence and send it to the higher ups at WA as I am convinced that no logical business person would allow this stupidity to go on.  It's like we're telling them there's an iceberg straight ahead but these guys continue going straight into it.  It's a damn shame what has become of this label; makes me ashamed to be Canadian!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:49:11 PM by ttpac »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2012, 06:25:50 PM »
wide awake should either A release a 2pac cd, a DPG cd, a Snoop cd and release all their other shit per 99c downlolad

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
I'm really not buying their albums, I really meant what i said.  There's no way in hell I'm supporting their shit if they don't support us

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2012, 07:05:15 PM »
I'm really not buying their albums, I really meant what i said.  There's no way in hell I'm supporting their shit if they don't support us
i lost faith in them when their Crooked I album had one non-leaked song on it...and that song was recycled lyrics

before that i was all about wide awake...boguht those first dre, snoop and greatest h it releases

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »
i lost faith in them when their Crooked I album had one non-leaked song on it...and that song was recycled lyrics

before that i was all about wide awake...boguht those first dre, snoop and greatest h it releases

Me and u both.  I brought "The Chronic (Re-Lit)" and "The Lost Sessions Vol. 1" (I bootlegged the 3 disk set becuz it didn't make sense to ME to buy it).  There's no real/legitament reason to buy their releases.  I remember when I brought "Re-Lit" and ppl were messaging me to leak "Smoke On" and I was like "naw" becuz I wanted WideAwake to prosper and release more unreleased material, now I'm just like fuck that shir and lookin for the 1st bootleg

2euce 7even

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2012, 01:59:25 PM »
Can Some1 Up These Bloody Mary (RIP) Tracks?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »
Can Some1 Up These Bloody Mary (RIP) Tracks?
u dont buy them?