Author Topic: biting Dre's production  (Read 361 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
biting Dre's production
« on: February 05, 2003, 10:36:11 AM »
I've read in several threads recently that so many producers have bitten or copied off of Dre's style of production, namely from 2001.  I remember someone said that the NWA reunion project was based off of that type of production, but that he would re-do the beats since everbody copied that kind of production.......I'm just curious....what producer and what song is an influence or copy of 2001's production?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:biting Dre's production
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 10:55:13 AM »
Wouldn't it be easier to list the producers who weren't influenced by 2001?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 10:58:42 AM »
Wouldn't it be easier to list the producers who weren't influenced by 2001?

word LOL, i dont think timbaland was infulenced by it, was he?

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 11:21:31 AM »
To me, I haven't heard ANYTHING that makes me think of "2001"..........that same type of production was around before it came out.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 11:35:25 AM »
Fred Wreck.. just listen to space boogie

Murrow

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 11:40:20 AM »
Fredwreck
Irv Gotti
Seven Aurelius

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 11:53:26 AM »
i wouldnt say fredwreck is biting dre. yea its basically the sound dre created, but id call that "being influenced". now of course you might ask where the difference is between "biting" and "being influenced" but I do see a difference. fredwreck grew up watchin dres career and listening to his music and his sound develop and he looks to him for advice. so now he's developing is own style which is similar to dre style. but a biter is using and repeating the same  techniques that a producer used before
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 06:18:19 PM »
That dude 7 for sure.  Example, Eve - Gangsta Lovin.  If that aint a bite I dont know what is.

Scott Starch produced Mystikal - Tarantula which sounds like Dres 2001 style of production.  dont cha think?

Axle
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Jome

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 09:13:58 PM »
Scott Storch
Fred Wreck
Eminem
Irv Gotti

^^ Some of the best examples of Dre-influence & biting.
Fred is the biggest example here.. Space Boogie sounds like Fred has been listening to 2001 while making nearly all the beats.
If Fred isn't biting Dre, then yall can't really say that Ja Rule is biting 2Pac neither..  :P
Scott Storch adds some originality to the mix at least.. and some of Fred Wrecks newer beats doesn't bite Dre to the same extent.. and he has found his own sound on some tracks.

2001 is one of the most copied albums EVER in hiphop..
It's influence is almost insane, and the 4 producers mentioned are the ones most influenced by it.
There's tons of other producers influenced by it too, would take too long time to name..
And I'm sure Dre wants to share the credit with MelMan..
Sure, there's producers with their own style, e.g. Timbaland, Rockwilder, Premo, Battlecat etc.
Not everybody tried to copy, but they're not in plural..

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2003, 10:23:46 PM »
Scott Storch was the keyboard player for dre...ive heard that he made alotta the beats...plus i know Dre bit that Next Episode beat from some underground cats...not to mention Rockwilder used it before him...

Bomb-A®

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 11:22:16 PM »
I've read in several threads recently that so many producers have bitten or copied off of Dre's style of production, namely from 2001.  I remember someone said that the NWA reunion project was based off of that type of production, but that he would re-do the beats since everbody copied that kind of production.......I'm just curious....what producer and what song is an influence or copy of 2001's production?
WC - The Streets and DOC - The Shit beats kinda reminds me of dre

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 12:29:33 AM »
Scott Storch was the keyboard player for dre...ive heard that he made alotta the beats...plus i know Dre bit that Next Episode beat from some underground cats...not to mention Rockwilder used it before him...

They both sampled the same thing... Rockwilder used the sample it for Fallin On on tash's album

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 09:47:18 AM »
y'all go listen to paid the cost n tell me if fredwreck is bitin dre.......ummmmmmm no, but i do agree with one thing, his dre influenced, but his a dope ass fucker

if anyone is bitin dres sound off 2001, which was very influenced by simple beats n a wierd type or piano.....its scott storch........y'all heard the streets right? thats like pretty much exactly the same as a 2001 beat, n also the beat he had done for pink....

peace

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 10:05:28 AM »
for the fred wreck thing  see space boogie and that track he did on duces and trayz... shits crazy

Murrow

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 02:12:15 PM »
People like Scott don't count cause he helped mold the sound that is "2001."