Author Topic: HIStory  (Read 182 times)

bez

HIStory
« on: February 05, 2003, 10:40:16 AM »
I have always loved the Jacko Album cos its just strickly amazing but I have just listened to the first disc right the way through and I just had to post about it. Every song has a message and is different, Micheal jackson all over.  Truly amazing.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 11:05:27 AM by Bez »

West Coast Veteran

Re:HIStory
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 11:06:39 AM »
His last great album.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 02:04:35 PM »
Are you talking about the greatist hits album?

bez

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 09:56:09 AM »
yupos, and may I add there where many more great songs that cudda been on that album.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 10:05:38 AM »
He's ahead of his time.  Dangerous still sounds great, and history is just now getting like radio... artists copy his style from 5 years ago.  in 4 years, radio will sound like invincible does now, and he'll be moved on to something else.  

bez

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 10:24:12 AM »
He's ahead of his time.  Dangerous still sounds great, and history is just now getting like radio... artists copy his style from 5 years ago.  in 4 years, radio will sound like invincible does now, and he'll be moved on to something else.  

hell yer, you  know what Trauma I bought Invincible the other week for just 5 pound. Its been sitting on my cd stand for a while after me just giving Cry and You Rock My World a few listens, n e ways I took it into college today and I swear I bumped it all day.  Many people have said to me its shite and crap and his worst album yet, I disagree, I aint listened to all his albums through and through so I aint saying where I think this album is compared to his others but I am saying that it is such a dope album.  Every song I sat there and listened to I liked, some made me dance in class, some made me smile, some mad me sad and shit.  I love the album, what a bargain for 5 pound.

Unbreakable
Break Of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
You Rock My World (Such a dope song)
Butterfiles
You are My Life
Dont walk Away
Cry
The Lost Children

Every song on the album is good but I think all those songs are dope.  Break of dawn is a great track.  

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 02:26:42 PM »
Invincible is a great album, the media said it was crap coz it was michael jackson. Some guy on the tv was saying that the album sold badly coz it was rubbish. The reason it didant sell was coz of lack of promotion there were only 2 tracks released as singles, and mj wanted each track to be put out as a single. Sony also stopped the butterflies remix with eve getting a officaial release. Dangerous was definatly ahead of its time i was listening to it this morning there aint a bad track on it. i need to get all the albums again as ive lost some of them.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 02:38:26 PM »
as a big mj fan, i gott say ivincible was probably his most dissapointin album for me, cuz even though at first it appealed to me alot, afta a while i realised it was more of a followin trends rather then settin them album unlike all his others, plus it was too............digital? umm dunno how to describe it, i still like it, but it cant fuck with dangerous......and his other albums

ay yo did any of y'all watch his 30 years thing the other nite on channel 3? his billie jean performance was AMAZIN

PEACE

bez

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2003, 04:47:03 PM »
as a big mj fan, i gott say ivincible was probably his most dissapointin album for me, cuz even though at first it appealed to me alot, afta a while i realised it was more of a followin trends rather then settin them album unlike all his others, plus it was too............digital? umm dunno how to describe it, i still like it, but it cant fuck with dangerous......and his other albums

ay yo did any of y'all watch his 30 years thing the other nite on channel 3? his billie jean performance was AMAZIN

PEACE

Yer I peeped it, as I have said in other threads the billie jean performance was off the hook, chris tucker was funny as fuck and usher almost knocked Jackson over at the end with his dancing.  Quality.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2003, 04:57:51 PM »
Damn Dangerous is such a classic album. It's my fourth favorite MJ album but it's still classic. Every track is beautiful. I was disappointed in Invincible too but it wasn't trash.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2003, 09:39:28 PM »
Like I said, I think we'll appreciate Invincible more in a few years when everything else sounds like it did in 2001.  That's how History and blood on the dance floor were for me, and Dangerous still sounds dope after all these years, because he set the standard (I think invincible will set the standard, too)... tracks like Heaven Can Wait are very original, starting out with the super thick vocals, and that killer melody, and then the end with Mike pulling out the Soul voice doing all that I CANNN'T BE WIT OUT MAHHH BABBAAAAAA is gonna be the future of R&B, I think... and stuff like "Invincible" the track, everybody pop is gonna be jackin in about a year.  Whatever Happens is timeless, Don't Walk Away is classic, and "Speechless" is on the level of the Beach Boys vocally, imo.  Speechless is amazing.  

Anyways, yeah, that 30 year program was awesome, they showed it back in october and january over here; his performance of Billie Jean was off the richter.  I've got an amazing mpeg performance of Billie Jean (better than that one) where he beat boxes at the end if anybody wants it... I liked at the end, when he was doing 'rock my world' and was doing that weird dance where he had his hands up like frankenstein or something, hopping around like a rabbit, LOL that parts hilarious.  Usher can MOVE, too.  

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2003, 12:22:57 PM »
All MJ albums have been tight...for me my first tape was thriller so im biased towards that one as my favourite...history was very good but cd2 was weaker than needed to be...so much good material, too much to mention.
He has inspired so many, and founded a type of music that wouldnt exist without him....props to a now sadly messed up brother.