Author Topic: Freddie Foxx speaks on Eminem  (Read 175 times)

The Watcher

Freddie Foxx speaks on Eminem
« on: February 05, 2003, 04:56:44 PM »
pt 1

Freddie Foxxx aka Bumpy Knuckles, part of the Gang Starr Foundation and one of hip-hop’s most respected and feared emcees, recently spoke his mind on Eminem, white people in hip-hop, and racism to allhiphop:

Hip-hop now, is the only music since the dawn of time that has crossed every color line. Meaning, the rebellious sound has given the rebellious nature of rock and roll a flat tire. Now, when I go to Switzerland, or go to Holland, or London and I see ten, fifteen thousand White kids that come to see Freddie Foxxx throwing up his middle finger to say, ‘fuck the police or fuck whoever,’ to me, that gives me a sense of power. Since when has anybody been able to see a Black man, stand on stage and rowdy up a gang of White kids? Usually, there was a lynching.

Now, we’ve broken that chain. So now, the only racists motherfuckers that have anything to say about it are out of the hip-hop culture. Because hip-hop is a culture. There’s no room for color in hip-hop. If there was room for color in hip-hop, it wouldn’t be hip-hop That's not what hip-hop is about. It’s about being a culture fucking colorblind of anything. So when we talk about, ‘fuck that motherfuckin’ cracker,’ he’s not in hip-hop! We talking about motherfuckers like old Bill O’Reilly or whatever the fuck.

I got White dudes that I’m cool with that be like, ‘fuck that White motherfucker!’ And they’re not talking about his skin color. They’re talking about his ideology. And then I got Black guys who can’t accept Eminem being built as a motherfucker. It’s like he’s treaded on their ground. He makes every motherfuckin’ Black rapper have to step up in the game. And I’m sure he may have come up in the hood, which is cool because all White people ain’t necessarily born with a silver spoon in they mouth. So the science behind racism in hip-hop is just a poor excuse for a motherfucker to not get on top of his game.

This is about skills, man. This is about who can do something other than the norm that can interest a listener. And when you can’t do that, you lose your ground. So I don’t concern myself with, ‘Yo man, they playin’ Eminem records…’ We already know that. [Eminem] had three dates on Night Line when he first came out. So we know what that’s about. But f*ck that. Eminem even said it. So after he’s admitted that people may treat him better because he’s White, do you blame it on him? No. Is it his fault he’s White? No. The problem comes when people start charging him for being White."
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

The Watcher

Re:Freddie Foxx speaks on Eminem
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 04:57:12 PM »
pt 2

Freddie Foxxx aka Bumpy Knuckles, part of the Gang Starr Foundation and one of hip-hop’s most respected and feared emcees, recently spoke his mind on Eminem, white people in hip-hop, and racism to allhiphop:

This ain’t about being White. This is about a motherfucker who sat down and took some words in his mind and composed them on a piece of paper and then spit them on a beat. And the sh*t made sense! That’s what this is about. He said it himself. He was from a trailer park. He basically said, ‘I was White trash.’ How could you knock a motherf*cker who says that? He’s describing himself. It keeps people from being able to affect him who say it about him.

I love the fact that I can see White kids in the audience. That shit makes it all the better. Because nine times out of ten they want to know you. When I went to Japan, do you know how ill it was for some motherfucker to tell me I’m the third top rapper in [Japan]? [They] can’t even speak my motherfuckin’ name right, but know all my rhymes. Because they want to study. Racism in hip-hop is not in the circle, it’s on the outside of the circle. It’s poking in through certain individuals.

When you get a station that don’t play hip-hop, and they play Eminem, that’s racism. Because Eminem’s records are no better than certain other records that won’t get played on certain stations. He’s a dope MC. But if they play Eminem on 101 point whatever, they should play certain records by LL. LL is a more radio-friendly rapper than Eminem. Eminem is just an example like I said, for a lot of rappers to cry like b*tches because their [title] fell off. And they don’t have an image.

How many times can a motherfucker rhyme that he’s in the hood, selling crack, he wanna get this car, his chain is big. How many times can you tell that story? It’s just too much. It just pisses me off to hear that cry more than to hear Eminem do his thing. ‘Cuz I actually like Eminem, I think he’s dope. If the Beastie Boys would’ve sounded urban, motherfuckers would have cried like bitches. But it didn’t sound urban. It sounded like rock, and it was wild, and it was crazy. If you close your eyes and listen to Eminem, he spits like he’s from the hood. You can’t see, you can’t hear what color he is."
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 06:40:30 PM »
bumpy always speaks the truth.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 11:52:37 AM »
Yeah, more realness from the Foxxx