Author Topic: Dubcc "Where Are They Now?" Series Installment #2: Prince Tech Qadafi  (Read 307 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
It's Dubcc's "Where Are They Now?" Series.  Last time we caught up with X-Dubcc Alum -Blade-, and this week we caught up with another X-OG from the Dubb, Prince Tech Qadafi.

Infinite:  Yo big homie, you've been MIA for some time, inmates were just wondering what you've been up to?

Tech:   Lifes been good, definitely cant complain. I graduated school, work full time, just bought a house and getting married soon. I was 15 yrs old when I joined dubcc and Im 28 today, so alot has definitely changed.

Infinite:  Word... yo.. so how come you don't come around the forum anymore?

Tech:  It was a combination of the old veteranos falling off and the new blood not maintaining the same quality of posts, but more importantly I would attribute my leaving of the forum to the post 2003 decline in west coast hip hop.

Infinite:  No doubt... People forget the forum actually came into existence off the hype and then success of Dre's album.  Starting with the Dreday forum, then WCKillaz Forum Trauma used to run, Dre's official website, and all that eventually lead to forming the dubcc around the end of 2000 I believe...

Tech:  Yeah, see for me when I joined the forums in 1998-1999 that was the beginning of the second renaissance of west coast rap. Warren Gs I Want It All kicked it off, NL Top Dogg was Snoops return to form, then we got hit with the MMLP, 2001, Eastidaz, Last Meal and Restless combination. It was a beautiful time for California rap, and we were still not too far removed from the golden era so there was alot of "going back into the vaults".

Infinite:  Yep, I remember that.  I like how you call it a "second renaissance".  The Top Dogg album brought Snoop back to life.  Em lit a fire under Dre.  And Xzibit finally started getting the respect he deserved.  No doubt.. but for whatever reason they weren't able to keep the buzz going...

Tech:  Yeah, cuz unfortunately 2002 and after there was a decline in Cali rap and I had less and less of a reason to be on the site full time. I still browse the site from time to time especially when something major is happening on the Left Coast...dubcc still remains my primary source for Cali love.

Infinite:  Is there anything you miss about the dubcc?

Tech:  The comradarie amongst posters, is definitely what I miss most. It was an intimate environment. In a way that was its strength and weakness. The strength came from developing close ties with individuals from all over the map, interacting with them on a daily basis. Unfortunately with a limited poster roster, the growth wasnt there, and eventually became kinda stagnant  

Infinite:  Definitely used to be a more supportive atmosphere over there.  Those were the good old days of the forum.  Any memories you care to share?

Tech:   Memories? Ahh too many to name..plus my brain cells aint as sharp as they used to be. Definitely reigning supreme as the best keystyle team with the infamous ELITE squad, I remember in the TOT the post 9/11-War on Iraq period was really bad, alot of ignorance and brainwashing....It would be nice to talk to those cats I used to debate with, to see how they feel now that history has proven them wrong.

Infinite:  You definitely had your beefs with Sccit back in the day.  I definitely peeped all your posts back and forth, even though I never wanted to respond because I wanted to be cool with both of ya'll...

Tech:  The wars with NIK and Rap Quake were crazy, used to hate those cats, now Id love to smoke em a joint. I remember me and Verbal assaulta were supposed to catch a fade, I told this man for months to let me know when he would be down, he msged me a day before I didnt even see the msg lol. I can just imagine me and him throwing knuckles over dubcc beef lol.

Infinite:  In your time at the forum you built quite a rep for yourself in the TOT section. I'm curious to hear how your political and religous views have changed since then or if they are still the same?

Tech:  Funny you ask because in a lot of ways my views have remained the same. I still have solidarity with the 3rd world, I still maintain a Left of centre ideology, and I remain critical of the American empire. Im more mature now, and certain things I have come to accept. Ive grown a bit conservative compared to my younger days. As for religion, I grew up in a religious Islamic household but I no longer consider my self religious. I still respect Islam but organized religion is not for me

Infinite:  So your still bumpin that West Coast shit? Who you feeling these days? What's in your rotation of music in your car at the moment?

Tech:  Like I said, after the late 90s early 2000s renaissance, we fell back off which was very disappointing. Unlike others, I have never been a big fan of Game, to me hes never been an authentic west coast rapper and comes across too forced. Tray Deee was a personal favourite off mine and the break up of the Eastsidaz and subsequent incarceration of Tray Deee ruined that.Crooked I became a major flop. My fav Cali artist of the past decade by far has been Mitchy Slick, and out of the new homies, Im definitely a Nipsey fan. I like Kendrick Lamar, hes cool too. Other than that, I havent really been up on things. Musically, Im into the 70s/80s funk now, thats where Ive been the last few yrs. Getiing my vinyl collection up with the same passion I used to cop cds lol

Infinite:  Any shoutouts?

Tech: Oh definitely man. Definitely wanna give you, Infinite, a shout out, you definitely were my closest homie from dubcc. I dont know if any of these veteranos are still around or if my shoutout will reach them. Sikotic, Doggystylin and Blade and yourself are on my facebook so I still keep in touch with them. Definitely wanna shout out J Bananas that dude was a foo lol...M Dogg my homie from way way back, im talking before i had hair on my face lol, the homie Rodzilla was definitely a solid dude, West Coast Veteran shout out to him, Nima for being a stand up chaaracter and for his contributions, and I dunno, is Overseer still the big Boss? Shout out to him too man, without him none of this would have been possible.

Infinite:  Dope.  I know your busy homie, but thanks for taking the time out, it was lovely getting the oppurtunity to catch up with you.  Any last message for the homies still active at the forum?

Tech:  Just wanna end by saying dubcc played a critical role in my life in terms of culture, music and identity. Definitely was a defining experience in my life. I still remember for YEARS, dubcc was an every day thing, had to log in lol. Im still around though, still observing and analyzing from the shadows. Ill never lose my connections to dubcc. One love to the whole forum and every poster and when we have our 7th renaissance in 10 yrs my little son'll be talking shit on dubcc, pleeease believe that. West West Yall  "oh and definitely shout out to the homie Tone from San Diego!"

Infinite:  And your shadow is a light upon our face.  Wish you the best in all your endeavors.  Much love peace and respect!  Oneness!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:35:20 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Re: Dubcc "Where Are They Now" Series Installment #2: Prince Tech Qadafi
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:26:23 PM »

Fraxxx

Re: Dubcc "Where Are They Now?" Series Installment #2: Prince Tech Qadafi
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:38:07 AM »
Cool interview!

Will every one of them contain the "you had beef with Scitt back then"-part? ;)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »
Cool interview!

Will every one of them contain the "you had beef with Scitt back then"-part? ;)

Sccit's been the most active and influential poster since this forum started.  So one way or another his name will probably make it on to all of these.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 11:53:44 AM »
good shit....tech was a funny cat. i remember i used to call him the "faghan" back n the days, but he never really seemed like a bad dude. nice interview.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »
good shit....tech was a funny cat. i remember i used to call him the "faghan" back n the days, but he never really seemed like a bad dude. nice interview.

8)

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »
now, if only we can get a hold of trauma... :laugh:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
now, if only we can get a hold of trauma... :laugh:

no doubt... I'm trying to inspire some others to make some effort in this matter.  But so far I'm the only one tracking down these OG's.  Shit man, if these mutherfuckers can spend all day trying to dig up dirt on your 3rd cousin who lives in Israel... then I know they could track down some of these OG's.  But they are too busy making a whole fucking thread about the way I put my arm around the girl from Diddy Dirty Money when I was on an airbus in New York coming off a 10 hours of flying.

Anyway... I got a couple others I'm going to try to track down, but it would be dope if some other cats decided to do some constructive shit here at the forum instead of juvenile pranks.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
LOL
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

blcxm

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »
These interviews are pretty sad.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
exciting stuff

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.