Author Topic: Dr.Dre & Snoop Dogg at Coachella EPIC ,New Material?  (Read 4551 times)

Cavvy

Re: Dr.Dre & Snoop Dogg at Coachella EPIC ,New Material?
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »
Daz was clowning
check his next twitter post

Lunatic

« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »
At the risk of sounding corny..

It was nice to see Dre on a west coast gangster tip. That's the Dre all west coast fans fell in love with. With the rumors that he's been working with Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Nicki Minaj etc, it was just nice to see him on stage with Snoop rocking west coast gangsta classics w/ Kurupt, Warren G etc
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

PLANT

« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
man this show was so fucking epic, insane!  this will surely go down as one of the greatest moments in hip hop history, even music history in general...

polepositon

« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
i think it is so stupid to be creeped out. i think is even more stupid to say the show and or hologram was predictable. cuz if it you r saying it was predictable to have hologram etc...why didnt U think of the hologram invention? broke ass big mouthed complaining ass bitches. now, the west coast should have one big ass tour like motown use to do, with ALL the bomb ass put the west coast on the map artist. rodney o n joe coolie, to the obvious...and i mean all...and add in the holograms of eazy, pac, nate, mausberg, n roger. all yeah. weswes. i dont know why im  genius. but i izzzzzzz.  lolol.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:02:27 PM by poleposition »

polepositon

« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2012, 07:59:22 PM »
and add the new wes artist...and like this coachella fest, diff artist on diff days, but city to city and state to state and to a country near you u r bound to respect it. respect the WEST.the schedule changes, the acts change each month and for those that dont have a huge demand, add them as your special guest. omg. but, def have those holograms i mentioned during special key performances. i love the wes. this is the time to capitalize and do yall thng west coast artist. you have to learn how to strike when they r eating out the palm of u hand. only thing i coulda did without was fifty and em. however, if there ever was  huge west coast tour like i mention, i understand that some of those acts could be included. and why not make mula off them since they r riding for the wes. and if any other coast try to top it. it wont work. followers. weswes. fourfingersupandtwotwistedinthemiddle.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:06:24 PM by poleposition »

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:40 PM »
As an avid Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre fan for the past decade-plus, I had astronomical expectations for this show. I must say that it met them all and that the set was worth every penny of my Coachella investment. The chemistry between the duo is still so evident, and Dre was a lot more comfortable on stage than I anticipated. Those who watched the Grammy's after party and MNET performances know he's looked a little stiff the last couple times he's performed live. Not the case here - he seemed carefree and happy to rock again.

A few random notes from a spectator's perspective:

- Taylor Gang supporter or not, "Young, Wild, and Free" proved an undeniable highlight. Snoop and Wiz have a really organic rapport, and Wiz's glee at sharing the stage with his mentor was obvious. I've never been the biggest Wiz fan, but his guest spot was perfectly suited to Coachella's uninhibited vibe.
- Loved the Nate Dogg memorial. The collection of rare photos backing an enthusiastic rendition of "Ain't No Fun' proved a fitting, respectful tribute. Kurupt hasn't lost a step when it comes to delivering that verse either.
- The Tupac hologram was cool, although I can see why people are divided on it. There was something a little unsettling about that reveal, from the blackness preceding its emergence to the ominous, Frankenstein-esque electrical buzz. Ultimately I think Dre had good intentions. It was an undoubtedly unique stunt, and has succeeded in getting people worldwide talking. I can only imagine it looked more impressive face-on though, as from the side of the stage it's "flatness" was more apparent.
- 50 Cent seemed reinvigorated compared to his lagging SXSW appearance. Perhaps it was the validation of sharing the stage with Snoop and Dre, but whatever the cause he performed like he had something to prove.
- Eminem was a pleasant non-surprise, although I wish his set list had differed. The dubstep version of "Forgot About Dre" was unnecessary, and it's disappointing that they rocked "I Need A Doctor" out of all the great Dre/Em collabs ("Guilty Conscience," "What's The Difference.") Still, he can never go wrong with a rallying "Til I Collapse."
- It's a testament to Snoop and Dre that I was left wanting a whole lot more come the finale. Songs like "Dre Day," "Let Me Ride," "B Please," etc, were conspicuously absent. As a result, I can't help be tempted by the notion that they will switch their set up next week. (Anyone got a weekend two pass?!)

All in all, an unforgettable moment for West Coast Hip-Hop and a fine reunion for one of the greatest duos our genre has produced. Look forward to seeing what Tha Doggfather and Five Star Surgeon General have up their sleeve for this Sunday.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »
Ya, I heard about Tupac bein there too, LOL.  Let the dude rest man.

chicharo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
Crowd angle

Cavvy

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
I am a little conflicted about Dre using this Tupac hologram on the regular, considering their past history and unresolved beef
Will he allow it to perform toss it up?

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2012, 12:39:36 AM »
anyone knows why the Nate Dogg one was shelved ?

does this got to do with the estate claiming none of them so called friends did do something to help paid the bills ?

dnjp4life

« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2012, 01:26:45 AM »
Lol at Suge Knight trying to sign Pacs hologram to a 27 album deal
I'm actually picturing people paying to watch Pac hologram concerts. I mean, it was kind of a cool little gimmick but if it were to catch on as a trend, it would get pretty lame pretty quick.

True.  Watching it on a computer you can see that it was impressive, but it comes off as a little cheesy.  I'm guessing it would have been better to have actually seen it as part of the audience.

doggfather

« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2012, 02:16:06 AM »

r2d2pac ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The Watcher

« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2012, 03:23:16 AM »
'i need a doctor' was about the only part of that set I wasn't feeling. i never heard that snoop & wiz track before, it's actually pretty nice

here's hoping they can use this to do something bigger ala 'up in smoke'
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Mista Rosa

« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
anyone knows why the Nate Dogg one was shelved ?

I was looking forward to it.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."