Author Topic: F. Gary Gray In Final Talks To Direct NWA Movie  (Read 78 times)

EKEK

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
F. Gary Gray In Final Talks To Direct NWA Movie
« on: April 17, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
The long-awaited movie that tells the story behind the creation of legendary hip-hop group NWA is one step closer to becoming a reality. Reportedly, F. Gary Gray is in final talks to direct the New Line Cinema project, which is currently being called Straight Outta Compton. According to Deadline.com:

“The group branded itself with volatile songs like ‘F*ck tha Police’ and politically charges songs that reflected the growing ire of urban youth in the 1980s and set the tone for gangsta Los Angeles rap culture.

The film was set up at New Line by Cube’s Cube Vision.”

NWA served as a launching pad for the careers of Eazy E, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, MC Ren and DJ Yella. The group was assembled by Eazy, and at times is described as the most important group in the history of hip-hop.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:35:07 PM by EKEK »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: F. Gary Gray In Final Talks To Direct NWA Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »
great. he's the perfect man for the job...given his amazing contributions to west coast hip hop videos, the source magazine, and friday. i hope it's an authentic true to life portrayal of n.w.a.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

KC-HOODSTA

Re: F. Gary Gray In Final Talks To Direct NWA Movie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
i know F. Gary Gray Gon make it good! he from LA so he knows a thing or two! and you got ice cube who im sure if going to be a consultant!

i just hope they dont make eazy-e look bad which i got a feeling they will!