5 (41.7%)
Not really
2 (16.7%)
fuck Devin The Dude
1 (8.3%)
fuck Wiz Khalifa
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: White people question: Did yall already replace Devin The Dude with Wiz Khalifa  (Read 735 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

I don't hear too much about Devin no more.  I read some interview around the timeframe of his last release but that was it.  I know him and Khalifa are pretty similar in styles but does that mean he replaced Devin The Dude in y'alls eyes becuz yall friends/associates try 2 write-out rappers and history if they don't do anything outta tha frame in 2-3 years?

it's ok to remain anonymous
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:53:58 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

UNCEEN

Most ppl dont even know who he is.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Devin hasn't really been relevant in a long ass time. Yeah him and wiz are both weed rappers I don't really find their style that similar. Wiz is doing his thing right now, Devin hasn't done shit in awhile so ofcourse the focus will be on wiz.

BiggBoogaBiff

Business/Market aside is what I'm talking about

Has Wiz Khalifa replaced Devin The Dude in your speakers?

Cavvy

how is that even a question?
everything I listen to replaces what I was just listening to in my speakers
whats the gist of this thread?
two completly different artists being bought up to debate what?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
lol, Devin The Dude hasn't been relevant since before I was born. *exaggeration*

BiggBoogaBiff

Leave your feelings at home

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
Why do people on here keep talking about how "relevant" a rapper is? I mean, even if Devin didn't drop an album for 10 years I would still be listening to his old songs. So that makes him relevant to me.

Anyway, no Whiz won't replace Devin, because I don't like Whiz Kalifa  :P

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Why do people on here keep talking about how "relevant" a rapper is? I mean, even if Devin didn't drop an album for 10 years I would still be listening to his old songs. So that makes him relevant to me.

The fuck you talking about? I could understand if Devin had mainstream success and his shit was played on a national scale in '07 or '08 & now Wiz showed up & we just brushed Dev to the side. But there is almost ZERO relevance between the two artists other than that they talk about blazing up.

& you said "Why do people on here keep talking..." followed up by saying "So that makes him relevant to me."

You can barely speak for yourself, so don't think your opinion speaks for the "people".

Hack Wilson - real

i like that doobie ashtray song produced by Primo  8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
thats a good question.

devin>>>>

bouli77

classic indeed... Devin the Dude is cool on the soulful tip, plus he sings great hooks. and his oddsquad stuff is classic material as well. nothing in common with Wiz Khalifa (except for talking about the same subject matter all day everyday but there are many rappers talking exaggerately about weed), no Rap a Lot rapper can be compared to Wiz Khalifa lol.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
wiz is more like a new generation snoop than devin to me

The D.O.C and

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't

classic indeed... Devin the Dude is cool on the soulful tip, plus he sings great hooks. and his oddsquad stuff is classic material as well. nothing in common with Wiz Khalifa (except for talking about the same subject matter all day everyday but there are many rappers talking exaggerately about weed), no Rap a Lot rapper can be compared to Wiz Khalifa lol.
i agree.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

The things that separate Devin and Wiz are:

Approach
Devin is more of a poet and relates his rhymes more or so to the common folk.  For example "Lacville 79" is more for the masses to relate to while "My Favorite Song" by Khalifa ain't.

Content:

Devin = Soul, Wiz = Pop

Musical sound:

Very similar actually.  

Devin uses live instruments and a sound that's more rooted in Funk while Wiz is more Electronic
Both harmonize even tho Devin sings more.
Both arent hyper masculine emcees, they're more for the "family" crowds.  Both of their fan bases are familiar with each other in terms of they've both of their audiences are "aware of the other rapper".

I prefer Devin to Wiz but I like Khalifa a little bit.  My only issues with Khalifa r that he sounds too soft/girlie as a rapper sometimes and he's always talking about money like I'm supposed to care.  But white kids feed into that kind of shit more than a lot of African American kids do so that's why I'm asking.