Author Topic: C-Bo Calls Snoop Dogg And Dr. Dre "Vultures" For Using Tupac Hologram  (Read 1846 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Mob Father revisits his time with Tupac and explains his disgust with artists using his friend postmortem "to suck blood from a corpse."

While Afeni Shakur and a seeming majority of today’s Hip Hop notables have already praised the usage by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg of a hologram of Tupac at the Coachella festival this past Sunday (April 15th), not everyone is so thrilled with the late legend’s image being resurrected for profit. One voice in the Hip Hop community who has grown tired of the “parasites” feasting on his friend’s corpse is C-Bo.

The reality rapper from the wild, wild West (whose street name is not incidentally short for “Cowboy”) befriended Tupac during the mid-‘90s, after the then biggest rapper in the world seized every opportunity he could to hip everyone he interacted with to the Mobb Music of the “Birds In The Kitchen” chef. Subsequently, C-Bo appeared on ‘Pac’s diamond-certified double disc, All Eyez On Me, for the introduction of what was to become the Makaveli Records lineup, “Tradin’ War Stories,” as well as the Northern California posse cut, “Ain’t Hard 2 Find.”

Given his history with Hip Hop’s first hologrammed artist, HipHopDX asked C-Bo yesterday (April 17th) for his thoughts on the shocking resurrection of his friend. One of the formerly incarcerated emcees seen in the compelling Rhyme And Punishment documentary was additionally asked to take a quick stroll down memory lane and recall his most vivid memories of Tupac (which included C-Bo recounting how he was warned by ‘Pac not to sign to Death Row Records). The Sacramento native concluded his discussion with DX by explaining why the follow-up to his recently released street album, Cali Connection, is surprisingly being inspired by a b-movie horror flick from the 1970s about a killer whale

HipHopDX: You know I gotta start off by getting C-Bo’s reaction to that Tupac hologram.

C-Bo: You know what, man? I been so caught up, bruh, I ain’t even get to see it yet. I been doing this music, getting this record ready. They ain’t giving me no breaks. My time is short out here right now.

DX: Just about that whole concept though, I know you haven’t seen it but what do you think about using his likeness after his death like that, especially alongside two cats he wasn’t even close to cool with at the time of his death?

C-Bo: These niggas is like vultures, man. Parasites. They trying to suck blood from a corpse.

[Tupac] wasn’t even fuckin’ with fake, phony-ass niggas. ‘Pac was a real nigga, man. And these niggas all coming out trying to use old verses and all this shit, man, I just think that’s some way out shit. I ain’t got no respect for a nigga like that.

DX: ‘Pac appeared to be not on the best of terms with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre when he passed but he was definitely down with C-Bo. Did he ever tell you why he was such a fan of the “Bald Head Nut”? 

C-Bo: Man, it was like ‘Pac was just on me! I had been to Seattle and I had came back to California [in 1994] for a Summer Jam. And he was out there doing the Summer Jam, and my partners called me like, “Nigga! Tupac on stage screaming your name.” Like, “C-Bo, nigga, I know you out there, where you at?”

He was just fuckin’ with me ‘cause I guess he loved the way I put my smash down. The shit that I was talking about in my music, it was all real life. And, him being from the Bay, and me going to jail, going to [the California Youth Authority], locked up with all these different cats and they probably was speaking on me, telling niggas how real I was. But, you know, ‘Pac just had a love for me, man.

When he got The Outlawz, first thing he did was gave them a C-Bo CD like, “Y’all need to listen to this nigga!”

DX: He did all this before y’all had even met, right?

C-Bo: Exactly, before we even met, bruh.

DX: I just did an interview with Mac Mall in which he explained how ‘Pac “was so Bay Area” and was loyal to the artists there, but he also looked out for a Sac-Town native such as yourself by letting you rock on the biggest album of his career. What was that experience like? You remember just what that felt like?

C-Bo: Man! Shit, that was like the biggest thing probably in my life right there when they called me and said ‘Pac needs you.

Then I go down there [to Los Angeles]. I’m at the Le Montrose Hotel checking into my room and I hear somebody saying, “Nigga, is that the bald head nut?!” I turned around and it’s Tupac. He was standing between two big bodyguards. He had a brim on, a tank top, some 501’s [Levi jeans] and some [Converse] Chuck Taylor’s. [Laughs] And he was like, “Nigga, you ridin’ with me.” Whoever was riding with him in that new [Mercedes Benz] 500 he had got he kicked them to the side like, “Nigga, you ridin’ with me!” E-40, everybody, we all standing in the lobby. And I got in the car with him and he started playing that new shit, that [“2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted”] and all of the shit that he was doing on his new album. It was just like crazy, man. It was like a new wave of music. Niggas wasn’t on that type of shit. 

DX: Did y’all get to kick it much after that, before he passed?

C-Bo: Not really. I went on tour like right after that. And I had moved to Atlanta. But I used to call; we used to chop it up on the phone. Even when I had got locked up I would just call him collect and talk to him and The Outlawz, and put muthafuckas on the phone that didn’t believe I was talking to him. [Laughs] ‘Pac was a real dude, man, straight up. That’s like one of the realest niggas I done met in this game – him and Pimp C.   

DX: Yeah I heard Pimp C, DJ Screw, they were all C-Bo fans.

C-Bo: They say I was they favorite rapper.

DX: One last ‘Pac-related question: You tweeted [@CboTheMobFather] on March 27th, “I’m still hurt when I think about ‘Pac till this day! R.I.P.” Is that hurt from missing the person, the artist or both?

C-Bo: Both. [When Tupac was murdered] I was in Tracy State Prison. Me and X-Raided [were cellmates], and one of the guards was real cool with us – we used to always come to my cell and try to rap and shit – and one day he had come and bring me the newspaper and was like, “Man, you know they killed your boy last night.” And, I just broke down in tears, man.

He put me on both records: on Disc 1 and 2 [of All Eyez On Me]. And I was juiced up, I was like, “Man, I’m ready to sign with Death Row [Records]!” Everybody was juiced. I’m like, “Man, I wanna sign with Death Row,” but ‘Pac was like, “Nah, you don’t wanna sign to Death Row. You wanna sign to my label when I get my label running.” I was like, “Nigga, that’s what’s up!”

So I hit the road, went to Atlanta and started doing my promotions in the South. And then I wound up going to jail. And then all that shit happened.

DX: You know I gotta backtrack there a little bit and ask did ‘Pac elaborate on why he didn’t want you to sign to Death Row?

C-Bo: He really didn’t say why. But, he said he wanted me on his label. Suge [Knight] was juiced up though, talking about taking me to Japan like, “Man! You gotta go to Japan with us” and all this. And [so] I was like, “Nigga, I’m fin' to sign to the Row!” But ‘Pac was like, “Nah, you don’t wanna do that.”

DX: I think prison might’ve saved your life at that moment.

C-Bo: Man, for real.

DX: Now, given your history with ‘Pac, I gotta ask if there was any reservation at all about using that Notorious B.I.G. vocal sample for “All A Nigga Knows” on your new album?

C-Bo: Nah. I was working with J-Dub, which was a producer over there in P. Diddy’s camp. [Him] and Stevie J., they put that together for me.

I never had a hate for [The Notorious B.I.G.] - even though your enemy is my enemy. But as far as music, Big was nice. He was nice. I don’t know what woulda happened had I ran into him with ‘Pac though. But once they both [passed] it was just like, “Damn, was it worth it?” The beef was stupid.

DX: My final question for you is just do you have any additional words you wanna get out to the readers of HipHopDX about Cali Connection or anything else we did or didn’t talk about?

C-Bo: Cali Connection is the street album but the real album is gonna be Orca: The Killer Whale of the Hood.

DX: [Laughs]

C-Bo: That album will be out probably July 3rd. I got MC Eiht, B.G. Knocc Out, WC, Paul Wall, Young Buck, E-40, B-Legit. Me and WC shot a video [for “Murderer”]. Me and B-Legit just shot a video Sunday. So, it’s coming.

DX: I’m still trippin’ on the Orca shit. Like, you were just watching the movie and - ?

C-Bo: I watched that movie a long time ago when I was a kid. And I wouldn’t get out the bed after I watched that shit. I was thinking some sharks and shit were swimming around my bed. [Laughs] Orca pumped fear in a muthafucka. He was like the killer of the sea. And that’s pretty much how I feel in the hood. Like, I really don’t never have no problems and any problems that I have I come out victorious.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

doggfather

Re: C-Bo Calls Snoop Dogg And Dr. Dre "Vultures" For Using Tupac Hologram
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
he's got some truth.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »
great read...yes he is right about dre & snoop

Cavvy

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »
in a way the man has a point
but Pac did fuck with those "fake" niggaz and those same dudes made him 150 times bigger than he ever would of been if his ass had gone back East after jail

D Breezy

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:55:11 AM »
dre and snoop just had millions of people talkin bout a dude thats been dead for 16 years... thats dope to be able to keep someone legacy alive like that. c bo mad cuz he aint capable of puttin some shit together like that. and if thats ur homie n someone does a tribute like that, as dope as that was especially, u shouldnt b hatin on it
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:57:05 AM by CaughtUp »
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

Bungalow

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 01:05:50 AM »
LOL at him sayin he havent had time to see it. Cmon man...

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 02:40:42 AM »
dre and snoop just had millions of people talkin bout a dude thats been dead for 16 years... thats dope to be able to keep someone legacy alive like that. c bo mad cuz he aint capable of puttin some shit together like that. and if thats ur homie n someone does a tribute like that, as dope as that was especially, u shouldnt b hatin on it
I agree, heck if 2pac's mother was ok with with the hologram then so should c-bo.  C-bo was capable of a good album in til my casket drops.  Haven't heard his other albums though.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 03:13:19 AM »
His mom ok with it, so shut up.

Really, who's C-BO? Pac's corpse owner? Even more ignorant.

Pac had a relationship with Dre. It went sour from Suge turning Pac gainst him etc.. If it weren't that they would have stayed cool. Dre as a man understood that and held no grudge to Pac. Dre actually knew Pac better than C-BO, Pac knew Dre better than he knew C-Bo.
Pac was just fan of C-Bo, but that's all as it seems.

Snoop had a very good relationship with Pac. Again, Suge tried to divvied that relationship. Had Pac lived they would've been cool again.
Snoop knew Pac better and Pac knew Snoop better than C-Bo.

Shut the hell up, C-Bo.

Besides, this stuff just elevated Pac status in game on huge level, even from the dead.

First rapper to drop a double CD, then everybody wanted to do it.
First to seel a mil the first week, then it was every label and rappers dream.
First dead rapper to appear after the dead and made big noise. Now every dead rapper's camp/fans want their resurrected.

Dre just made Pac big  once again.
Shut your trap C-BO.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:15:41 AM by PresidentUP »

doggfather

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 03:32:45 AM »

First rapper to drop a double CD, then everybody wanted to do it.
First to seel a mil the first week, then it was every label and rappers dream.

not sure about these.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 04:26:45 AM »
The technology in itsel is dope but the fact that it wasn't pac but an impersonator kinda ruined it IMO. this technology is kinda scary to me. however, C-Bo is entitled to his opinion, even though it's not very credible since he hasn't even seen footage of it, he seems to be against the concept, which I am too. the interviewer should have focused on the music though and asked him whatever happened to the joint album he had supposedly recorded with Pimp C that J Prince shelved.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 05:04:24 AM »

His mom was also okay with "Loyal to the Game".

But ethics aside, I don't care for these hologram "performances". When go see a show, I want to see an artist perform, not some computer generated image with some prerecorded music...

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 05:23:04 AM »

His mom was also okay with "Loyal to the Game".

;D ;D ;D

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 05:25:19 AM »
it was cool for one concert but they are vultures if they turn it into a whole tour

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 07:20:13 AM »
Came in here, expected some tabloid press sensational bullshit flaming nobody rapper, then recognized it's a real interview - Aaaaand I'm outta here
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 07:50:34 AM »
in a way the man has a point
but Pac did fuck with those "fake" niggaz and those same dudes made him 150 times bigger than he ever would of been if his ass had gone back East after jail
this is true. he wasn't coming back east. that first shooting scared the shit outta him.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.