Author Topic: Your Favorite Dogg Pound Album Besides Dogg Food?  (Read 1354 times)

Tadaw

• Lil Geezy
  • Westcoast makes me high
Re: Your Favorite Dogg Pound Album Besides Dogg Food?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 10:11:25 AM »
Dillinger & Young Gotti !

Quadruple OG

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
while it was an enormous letdown Cali Iz active is probably my next favorite

Dogg Chit was solid but felt like a step back, regurgitating the past and offering little innovation or authenticity

Really though for a longtime duo they have a pretty shitty catologue,even Dogg Food was a disappointment when released, in places like here its probably a classic but the reality is heads were expecting much more from them.
In 92 folks were expecting Kurupt to become something special. In 2012 we just hope he doesnt embarass himself with his next track

You're joking, right?

The reality about that album is it was the #1 album in the country. "Let's Play House" and "New York, New York" were all over MTV at the time. Plus it got favorable reviews and went double platinum.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »

Dogg Chit was solid but felt like a step back, regurgitating the past and offering little innovation or authenticity

Really though for a longtime duo they have a pretty shitty catologue,even Dogg Food was a disappointment when released, in places like here its probably a classic but the reality is heads were expecting much more from them.
In 92 folks were expecting Kurupt to become something special. In 2012 we just hope he doesnt embarass himself with his next track

You're joking, right?

The reality about that album is it was the #1 album in the country. "Let's Play House" and "New York, New York" were all over MTV at the time. Plus it got favorable reviews and went double platinum.

...and is a top 5 west coast CD of all time.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
dillinger and young gotti !!!   classic westcoast album!

but after this one, i think 100Wayz wins. it s a dope ass album

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »

You're joking, right?

Yup.  I don't remember it being a letdown in anyone's eyes at the time.  EVERYBODY liked it -- Let's Play House was a huge club single that everybody fucked with, plus New York New York got a ton of radio play too.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »
On point with the "Dillinger & Young Gotti" comments, album was solid throughout, great production and Kurupt was killing it. Only a couple tracks that really stood above the rest. Dope album though.

I'd probably go with "Dillinger & Young Gotti", "Dogg Chit" was cool but like some people said it sounded like a step backwards into the same old territory. I never really gave "Cali Iz Active" that much of a listen, can't really remember the majority of the tracks. "100 Wayz" was actually pretty dope from what I remember.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 05:24:41 PM »
the compilation Daz put out when he was beefin wit Kurupt - "the last of tha pound", the stolen DAT-reel transfers were not good quality-wise, but some of the best material Dogg Pound ever recorded is on that compilation.
(-->like "jakkmove", "Started", "we r them dogg pound gangstaz" etc etc  :)

"dogg food" and "last of tha pound" are the only essential releases (if u have to own somethin from DPG on CD)

"dillinger & young gotti" is also a very good album (at least cohesively)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:26:41 PM by O.G. Michael Madsen »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
2002 EASILY

it has

every single day
don't stop with 2pac
gangsta rap with crooked
change the game remix with jigga

4 classics

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »
"Dillinger & Young Gotti" without a doubt.

doggfather

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 11:37:56 PM »

You're joking, right?

no, not even close.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 12:54:40 AM »
2002 EASILY

it has

every single day
don't stop with 2pac
gangsta rap with crooked

4 classics

gangsta rap is not a classic, let alone change the game remix. it was nice to hear the Pound with Jay-Z but the song wasn't a classic, it was good for what it was, a nice little remix.

2002 has too many recycled songs (Way Too Often, Feels Good, It's All About That Money, Your Gyrlfriend 2) and unfinished songs (Livin Tha Gangsta Life)... it has classics (every single day, roll wit us, just doggin remix, don't stop) and very good songs (smoke, whatcha about, 10 til midnight) but it clearly lacks consistency and cohesiveness... it's more of a compilation. just another rushed, poorly put together project.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 01:08:55 AM »
2002 EASILY

it has

every single day
don't stop with 2pac
gangsta rap with crooked

4 classics

My thoughts exactly, I'd put smoke in there to

I almost like this album as much as I like doggfood, used to bump that shit everyday on the way to and from high school.

Cavvy

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 02:33:16 AM »

You're joking, right?

not even close

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »
I'm very confused as too why people are writing off Dogg Chit due to "a step back" and offers "little innovation." No offense, but some of y'all are talking as if DPG is like Talib Kweli or something LOL. Since when was THAT a step back from there usual subject matter of pussy, weed and gang banging? And I'm not saying that as a diss, I love DPG and if I'm listening to them, it's not because I wanna hear some "innovation."

You know what you get when you listen to DPG, and Dogg Chit was them doing that as close to their best as possible nowadays.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson