Author Topic: What's happening in Iceland? No news is very good news  (Read 873 times)

jeromechickenbone

What's happening in Iceland? No news is very good news
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »
How come we hear everything that happens in Egypt but no news about what’s happening in Iceland:

In Iceland, the people has made the government resign, the primary banks have been nationalized, it was decided to not pay the debt that these created with Great Britain and Holland due to their bad financial politics and a public assembly has been created to rewrite the constitution.
And all of this in a peaceful way.
A whole revolution against the powers that have created the current crisis. This is why there hasn’t been any publicity during the last two years: What would happen if the rest of the EU citizens took this as an example? What would happen if the US citizens took this as an example.
This is a summary of the facts:
2008. The main bank of the country is nationalized.
The Krona, the currency of Iceland devaluates and the stock market stops.
The country is in bankruptcy
2008. The citizens protest in front of parliament and manage to get new elections that make the resignation of the prime minister and his whole government.
The country is in bad economic situation.
A law proposes paying back the debt to Great Britain and Holland through the payment of 3,500 million euros, which will be paid by the people of Iceland monthly during the next 15 years, with a 5.5% interest.
2010. The people go out in the streets and demand a referendum. In January 2010 the president denies the approval and announces a popular meeting.
In March the referendum and the denial of payment is voted in by 93%. Meanwhile the government has initiated an investigation to bring to justice those responsible for the crisis, and many high level executives and bankers are arrested. The Interpol dictates an order that make all the implicated parties leave the country.
In this crisis an assembly is elected to rewrite a new Constitution which can include the lessons learned from this, and which will substitute the current one (a copy of the Danish Constitution).
25 citizens are chosen, with no political affiliation, out of the 522 candidates. For candidacy all that was needed was to be an adult and have the support of 30 people. The constitutional assembly starts in February of 2011 to present the ‘carta magna’ from the recommendations given by the different assemblies happening throughout the country. It must be approved by the current Parliament and by the one constituted through the next legislative elections.
So in summary of the Icelandic revolution:
-resignation of the whole government
-nationalization of the bank.
-referendum so that the people can decide over the economic decisions.
-incarcerating the responsible parties
-rewriting of the constitution by its people

Have we been informed of this through the media?
Has any political program in radio or TV commented on this?
No!
The Icelandic people have been able to show that there is a way to beat the system and has given a democracy lesson to the world.

"The government of Iceland has forgiven the mortgage debt for much of its population. This nation chose a very different way of stopping the crisis from the rest of European countries. It decided to hear the requests of the population and to put politicians and bankers on the bench of the accused three years after their financial excesses would sank one of the most prosperous economies in 2008. "
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/244018-Brilliant-Iceland-forgives-mortgage-debt-of-its-population

+

jeromechickenbone

Re: What's happening in Iceland? No news is very good news
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »
This is a world changing event. If other nations catch on to this idea, it will be a a major defeat to the banker cabal.

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 02:34:37 AM »
Lol don't you read newspapers dude? All this has been widely reported.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 04:54:44 AM »

Shouldn't you be off flirting with mike?

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 05:24:34 AM »

Shouldn't you be off flirting with mike?

Don't get upset because I'm right.

Just because you're not aware of something, doesn't mean everyone else is in the dark too.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 07:09:06 AM »
Guess what dickweed, I didn't write the article, nor did I title it. 

Maybe in your corner of the world this is being discussed, but I promise you its not being discussed much if at all in the US. 

Do you have an opinion on the content on the article, or are you just gonna be a bitch?

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 07:49:10 AM »
My opinion is, good for them.

There is no conspiracy tho. This information is widely available. Their situation was brought about in part by their banks poor investment (in the UK and elsewhere). This won't happen anywhere else in the same way, and can't be copied by other nations. Every crisis situation will run out in its own way...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 08:07:31 AM »
My opinion is, good for them.

There is no conspiracy tho. This information is widely available. Their situation was brought about in part by their banks poor investment (in the UK and elsewhere). This won't happen anywhere else in the same way, and can't be copied by other nations. Every crisis situation will run out in its own way...

Again, you're not from the US, so you have no fucking clue what the media here reports. 

I posted this article to illustrate that even though we're told we have to go along with bailouts or else there will be chaos and anarchy, that we actually don't, and Iceland is truly a model for how to break away from debt enslavement.

If you don't think the money changers are not furious about this, and are panicking about other countries following their lead, then you really don't grasp the situation. 

And guess what, you're sitting there saying "no other countries will do it, blah blah blah"...I promise you, a few years ago no one would have seen this bold of a move coming from Iceland, and it has to start somewhere.  So you might want to hedge that statement, because the system is collapsing even further, not improving. 

The Euro is collapsing, Greece is fucked already as well as others, and you arrogantly say "no other countries will do this".  I guess we'll see.

Portugoal

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:29 AM »

The only reason you have read about it is because you're from one of the countries Iceland had to pay. The same goes for me. It's been all over the news here.

Now I read US newspapers from time to time, but I don't recall ever seeing a large article about Iceland in a US newspaper.

Will_B

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 08:23:03 AM »
No Jome I said it won't happen again in the same way, and can't be copied. Every nation reacts to national crisis in different ways, in Europe or anywhere else. No situation is that cut and dried.

Fraxxx

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 12:23:09 PM »
Here in Germany I stumbled over one single article about this. Funny how there seems to be no interest in giving publicity to a case where a country acted drastically different to what was recommended and is on a good way now.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
The media in the us has mostly ignored this

Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 08:27:24 AM »
I haven't heard a word about this. I actually only about this through this thread.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:35 AM »
iceland stand up!

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 07:19:57 PM »
Hold those of white collar crimes accountable and make appropriate changes to prevent a recurrence?

Pshh........that's not how we do it in the good ol US of A.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE