Author Topic: 'Ron Paul still in the race with millions in funding and zero debt'  (Read 647 times)

jeromechickenbone

http://rt.com/usa/news/ron-paul-money-race-590/

First Rick Santorum slipped out of the race for the GOP nomination, and next Newt Gingrich said he would support Romney but would still run. But what about Ron Paul’s quest for the White House?

According to the latest bulletin from the campaign headquarters of the Texas congressman, Ron Paul is still in the race and rolling in the bucks.

Republican Party presidential hopeful Ron Paul is still polling strong among many demographics and shows no sign of slowing down. At least if his bank records have anything to do with it. The candidate’s camp announced on Friday that so far in 2012 his campaign has managed to bring in almost $10.4 million in contributions from donors determined to keep the congressman in the GOP race.

Those funds won’t be funneled to pay off earlier spending, either. His officials say that in addition to the big bucks that came in for the first quarter, the Ron Paul campaign has zero debt at this point in the race. Compare that to Republican Party rival and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich who was reportedly in the hole to the tune of $4.5 million last week, according to an article published by Slate.

As Ron Paul and Gingrich are now left as the only viable Republican alternative to Mitt Romney, Gingrich’s chances might soon run dry as his pocketbook does the same. Will Paul have a chance to pull through against the frontrunner, though?

"Total contributions of $10.4 million in Q1, including details such as $1.8 million cash on hand and more money bomb cash in the pipeline, amounts to excellent news as these resources fuel our effective delegate-attainment strategy,” campaign chairman Jesse Benton tells supporters in a press release published Friday.
Benton adds that he doesn’t expect to see a slump anytime soon, either. Next month Ron Paul will be put to the test in Texas, where he has served several terms as a state congressman. On May 29, residents will vote in the state’s primary.

"These ample funds also will help us compete even harder in Texas, where Ron Paul is the only Texan, veteran, and authentic conservative running," Benton says Friday of the candidate’s continuing success.
Aside from a fat wallet, Ron Paul’s team says that the departure of Santorum from the race opens up new opportunities for their candidate to collect delegates, a maneuver that has been an unusual yet well orchestrated move so far in the campaign.

"We are fighting really hard in many states on our convention strategy," Benton tells US News & World Report. "The exit of Santorum has opened up any more delegate opportunities for us."
"I am not going to try to deceive you, and say that Romney doesn't have some advantages," Benton says. "But until he has 1,144 delegates, we are going to press on with our campaign."
Speaker Newt Gingrich is also still campaigning, but last week his campaign bounced a check for $500, reported CNN. Since then he has been resorted to renting out his campaign’s donor list in order to dig himself out of the hole.

jeromechickenbone

Re: 'Ron Paul still in the race with millions in funding and zero debt'
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:22:05 AM »
Ron Paul running his campaign exactly how he would run the country. Know them by the fruits of their labor, not by their cheap rhetoric.

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:01:42 AM »
Do you see him standing any kind of chance? He obviously has great support but he's way too anti establishment to ever be treated fairly.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 08:26:40 AM »
This man needs to be president. But I honestly think Vegas would need a line for his assassination.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
It's sad that the 80 year old white guy is the only one talking about real shit.

V2DHeart

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »
In the UK newspapers and TV, I've only heard or seen Romney. Never seen Ron Paul yet
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »
In Germany the media makes it seem as if Ron Paul only had young, almost juvenile supporters. Therefore kind of implying that he is not someone who attracts serious people.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 11:05:01 PM »
In Germany the media makes it seem as if Ron Paul only had young, almost juvenile supporters. Therefore kind of implying that he is not someone who attracts serious people.

The mainstream media here in the us has done all it can to discredit him.  Theyve played the race card and called him a racist even though theres no evidence (a favorite of democrats).  Theyve called him a kook for questioning the status quo, the same status quo thats gotten us into a heap of economic trouble (a favorite of republicans and democrats both).  Theyve called him such a longshot that he cant win hoping it would become a self fullfilling prophecy, even though hes got millions of supporters from ALL walks of life.  So yeah, theyll say/do just about anything.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »
And about the media, keep in mind this is the same media that on one side will support romney even though they dont like him and didnt come close to vetting obama and were essentially his cheerleaders on the other side in 08.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:15:41 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
It is good to hear someone who talks about what THEY want to do and their own beliefs, instead of what their competitors are doing wrong.  I hate listening to them all rag on each other. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »
It is good to hear someone who talks about what THEY want to do and their own beliefs, instead of what their competitors are doing wrong.  I hate listening to them all rag on each other. 

It was pretty funny with all four of them on stage a few months ago. Newt & Mitt or Mitt & Rick would start having bitch fits with each other & it would always end with them all turning to Ron & Ron just spitting knowledge. He made them all look stupid. You'd be convinced that he's the only one who deserves to even run. But the media is just...overwhelming. Now more than ever. There is zero hope lol.

The Overfiend

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 12:14:12 AM »
A lot of big corporate and government interests would be concerned about what Ron Paul would try to do.

jeromechickenbone

Do you see him standing any kind of chance? He obviously has great support but he's way too anti establishment to ever be treated fairly.

In a legit election, he would absolutely win. However, the establishment is so entrenched, it is extremely difficult.

Having said that, he has won probably 8 or so states via delegates, Romney is losing delegates. I do believe that there will be a either a brokered convention or a few rounds of re-voting because no one can get the minimum required to be nominated.

All bets are off at that point, but Paul is doing much better than reported. He is not out of it by any means yet.

Hack Wilson - real

he's got my vote

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Ron Paul is gaining delegates from all the the caucus states he "lost". Harding won the 1920 primary after gaining only 6.67% of the delegates during the first convention vote, but ended up winning nomination. This was due to backroom deals and corruption, but it is still possible if Romney doesn't collect all the necessary delegates before the convention. I seriously doubt Ron Paul can pull it off, but it's worth a shot. He'll be able to speak at the convention regardless.