Author Topic: Haystak Challenges Benzino To Million Dollar Rap Battle  (Read 178 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Haystak Challenges Benzino To Million Dollar Rap Battle
« on: February 06, 2003, 06:39:52 PM »
Haystak Challenges Benzino To Million Dollar Rap Battle:

In an Allhiphop.com exclusive, newly signed Def Jam South recording artist Haystak has issued an official response to the following excerpt from the March '03 issue (pg. 144) of The Source magazine:

After numerous failed experiments (the closest success came with "Project Elvis Part 1," which was Vanilla Ice) the Powers That Be struck gold - or should we say nine-times platinum - when they created the perfect candidate for rule. Project Infiltrator became a success and they were ready to claim the whole culture.

However, while being greedy and using those same methods, the next wave of Infiltrators didn't make it. (Sorry Bubba Sparxxx and Haystak.)

"It's very ambiguous to me how I could infiltrate somethin' I was born into," stated Haystak. Who continue to say "I'm a lower-class citizen and rap music has been the soundtrack to my whole life."

While Haystak was very "aggravated" over the piece, he made a point to vent his frustration solely at Benzino, and not at The Source staff as a whole.

"You gotta realize there's two factions at work here. It's people that just come to work and do their f*ckin' job and try to do it to the best standard that's been set by The Source, then you got another side of it which is just a person tryin' to utilize a publication, which is to increase awareness of the people that read it, to sell his records," said 'Stak.

The Nashville MC believes that Benzino is using The Source as a tool to salvage a lackluster recording career. "At this time he might feel like, or it seems as though he feels like he don't have a leg to stand on so he's tryin' to make a prosthetic one out of a white rapper." Haystak continued, "seems to me at this time the only one tryin' to infiltrate somethin' is Benzino."

As for a possible resolution to this matter, Haystak posed a challenge to Benzino. "If I'm not worthy of bein' here, if I'm infiltrating somethin' that I'm not worthy of bein' in, show me."

'Stak wants to settle this debate about the worthiness of white MC's the old-fashioned way, on the microphone. Haystak and his manager, Eric McAnally would like to set-up an MC battle between 'Stak and 'Zino "wherever you wanna do it, Madison Square Garden, his driveway, our driveway, MTV, 106 and Park," stated Mr. McAnally.

And what if Benzino emerges victorious? Well, 'Stak has decided to put up a purse of one million dollars for 'Zino to take home should he manage to slay the Tennessee Titan.

However, Haystak is fairly confident that he won't be writing any large checks anytime soon because as he states, "let's face it, this cat's no 50 Cent and I ain't gonna lose no sleep."

*Benzino can contact Eric McAnally if he wishes to take Haystak up on his challenge.

The Watcher

Re:Haystak Challenges Benzino To Million Dollar Rap Battle
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 08:46:20 PM »
could be interesting

em should've gone this same route
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

EM28

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 09:14:56 PM »
Yeah i hope this goes down....I would love to Benzino get ripped by haystak

peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 09:40:27 AM »
Haystak shouldnt be fucked with...hed fuckin murder benzino in a fight and on the mic...