Author Topic: For the fuck of it: Best rap album of 2006  (Read 761 times)

Will_B

For the fuck of it: Best rap album of 2006
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:34:52 PM »
Lookin back to when major releases were droppin off, I'd say '06 is the time there was still a wealth of QUALITY mainstream rap albums droppin. Since then I got more underground shit that anything to be truthful.

To kick it off I gotta say for me, I got love for The Big Bang. Big impact on first bumpin that shit and still knocks today. Personal classic to me. 8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:39:55 PM by OG Will_B #Infamous »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: For the fuck of it: Best rap album of 2006
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »
t.i. - king...king also outsold every album out that year too.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:25 PM »
Of course you name an Aftermath project  ::)

Can't really remember 2006 but my vote would be Game Theory. Looking back it actually wasn't that strong of a year.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »

Can't really remember 2006 but my vote would be Game Theory. Looking back it actually wasn't that strong of a year.
game theory too is a classic (a favorite) !!!!! i think 06 was ok. we got snoop, ghostface, jay z, t.i., etc.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
a "best of 2006"-thread in 2012..

:bomb:

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »

Actually I picked up a promo copy of this from a dodgy record shop in London when it was just out...nothin to do with Aftermath whatsoever, just Busta bein fresh as shit at that time. Its an undeniably good album anyway, u don't think?

Not a been a fan of Roots later stuff, but I'll peep this on your say so
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:58:53 PM by OG Will_B #Infamous »

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »
:)
haha, teh day u check out a music-project not related to the DPG/Aftermath/Deaht ROw/NWA-umbrella, will be on the same day you get some pussy

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »
Mood Muzik 2.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »
The big bang was the big disappointment, but busta's last good album was E.L.E. then he fell off after that album.  And I liked busta from the days of L.O.N.S.  Only good songs from that album was touch it & you can't hold the torch.  I try not 2 remember 2006 cause that was the absolute worst year of my life >:(  And also that's when rap & all music 2gether turned to crap rap & crap music.  Barely any good stuff out, the good music that I was able 2 find that year was from dubcnn & wcrydaz & most of the music then was better than what was on the radio.  There were good albums in that year.

Slim Thug-already platinum chopped & screwed
E-40 my ghetto report card
Dogg Pound-cali iz active
Suga Free-just add water
Tech N9ne-everready
in that order.  I did hear a few good songs in king, not in a long time.

Will_B

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »
The big bang was the big disappointment, but busta's last good album was E.L.E. then he fell off after that album.  And I liked busta from the days of L.O.N.S.  Only good songs from that album was touch it & you can't hold the torch.  I try not 2 remember 2006 cause that was the absolute worst year of my life >:(  And also that's when rap & all music 2gether turned to crap rap & crap music.  Barely any good stuff out, the good music that I was able 2 find that year was from dubcnn & wcrydaz & most of the music then was better than what was on the radio.  There were good albums in that year.

Suga Free-just add water
Tech N9ne-everready

Not knockin your choices but IMO Cali Iz Active was a mixed bag. Wouldn't make a top list of anything

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »

Actually I picked up a promo copy of this from a dodgy record shop in London when it was just out...nothin to do with Aftermath whatsoever, just Busta bein fresh as shit at that time. Its an undeniably good album anyway, u don't think?

Not a been a fan of Roots later stuff, but I'll peep this on your say so
the roots later shit is fire  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 04:20:02 PM »
Doctors Advocate
Snoop Dogg
102 The Inspiration
Tha Carter II (December 2005)
Laugh Now Cry Later
Big Bang Theory
Pimpalation
Blood Money by Mobb Deep
Donuts

there was a lot of good mixtapes too

Will_B

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »
Wasn't a fan of Rising Down, and only heard bits of the newest stuff. I'll listen in more depth at some point tho

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
Wasn't a fan of Rising Down, and only heard bits of the newest stuff. I'll listen in more depth at some point tho
rising down was sick too. give a thorough listen.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 04:24:04 PM »
definitely E-40 and Clipse ("hell haath no fury")

Busta had some bangers on his album too

Suga Free-just add water
Tech N9ne-everready

"already platinum" came out in 05.  great album tho  8)