Author Topic: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?  (Read 2524 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Mack 10 repped the West harder and better than you could rep it in the 90's.  He came in with Cube and immediately made his presence felt.  Tracks/video's like "Westside Slaughterhouse" and "West Up" are some of the greatest West Coast battle anthems of all-time.   And topping it all was "Bow Down" at the hieght of the East/West beef in 96.   Mack 10 was still going strong even as the West was fading from the spotlight... in 98' he came with "Only In California" uniting the Coast with him and Snoop on a certified banger.   His own label was up and running and he was promoting and selling West Coast artists like MC Eiht, doing his thing...

...and then he sold out after the 90's and went down South to Cash Money.  His music became complete garbage and he lost all of his integrity he'd build over the years.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:06:28 AM »
so?

Portugoal

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:08:18 AM »
That Cash Money album is one of his best... His album with Da Hood was good, so was his album with Glasses Malone.

I don't know what you're talking about. Dude's never dropped one wack album and fillers are hard to find on his projects. Mack 10 might be the most consistent rapper on the West Coast.

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »
That Cash Money album is one of his best... His album with Da Hood was good, so was his album with Glasses Malone.

I don't know what you're talking about. Dude's never dropped one wack album and fillers are hard to find on his projects. Mack 10 might be the most consistent rapper on the West Coast.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »

All I needed to hear was that Mack 10 was on Cash Money's label.  That was enough for me to say he fell off and sold out.   Then when I caught his video once the song was trash and the video was garbage.  That was more than enough for me.  
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »
so you admit to not listening to his music and just ASSUMING its sold out?

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »

All I needed to hear was that Mack 10 was on Cash Money's label.  That was enough for me to say he fell off and sold out.   Then when I caught his video once the song was trash and the video was garbage.  That was more than enough for me.  
Dafuq is wrong with you? Your heart broke when you heard he's not @ WSC anymore or? The man is doing his job, only rapper for me who fell off hard time and went too much commercial is Snoop Dogg. Mack 10 is still doing his thing, he even signed Xzibit to his label.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:57:19 AM by LostAngel »
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 10:54:53 AM »

All I needed to hear was that Mack 10 was on Cash Money's label.  That was enough for me to say he fell off and sold out.  

LOL! Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Anyways, I was never a big Mack 10 fan, he was always cool with WSC but I never really checked for his solo stuff much.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »
Kurupt fell off a lot more than Mack 10.

acgrundy

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »
like mauzip said, mack 10 is probably one of the most consistent westcoast artists there is. I haven't heard his last album simply because I don't really care to check out any new music, but his first album on cash money is fucking solid. It has a very dope WSC song on it.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
I love Mack Dime but to say that he has been one of the most consistant West Coast rapper in recent memory is just laughable. It only shows the amount of high expectations you guys have for the other fellow West Coast rappers. I would even say that artists like WC and DJ Quik has been more consistant than Mack 10. I really hate the term sell out but to answer the question i would have to say that Mack 10 is neck and neck with Kurupt and maybe even Ice Cube, as much as i hate to say it all.

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »
Coolio was platinum rapper but fell way harder than mac 10. Mac 10 was wack after 98'. I never felt his raps after that.  If you wanna go back further then there is mc hammer.
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »
snoop.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 02:00:19 PM »
coolio
ice cube
 are both names that come to mind immediately

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »
Coolio was platinum rapper but fell way harder than mac 10. Mac 10 was wack after 98'. I never felt his raps after that.  If you wanna go back further then there is mc hammer.

I think he's talking about actual skill though. The obvious scenario would've been Hammer otherwise bro. I'm pretty sure that he meant that he respected Mack 10 and possibibly held him
at a high account as an MC at some point until he, according to his opinion, sold out/fell off at another point.