Author Topic: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?  (Read 2485 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
Lil Wayne came out 15 years ago.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2012, 08:38:10 PM »
Bgz true story was Wayne's first album...it came out in 93 or 94 I believe

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »

so he came out before Mack 10?

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2012, 03:39:13 AM »
So OK, like I said before, Mack 10 didn't fell off that hard like Kurupt or Snoop Dogg. Now I'm gonna get some weird hate thing on me because I mentioned Snoop but really, dude sold his soul to devil because of money. I know you're businessman, but hell with that, do tracks for your fans not for Kate Perry's fans, you ain't from Somalia or somethin' you're like Top 10 known names in Hip-Hop world. But enough with Snoop, it's about Mack 10. A lotta dudes here are saying that he fell off, but nah he didn't. It's just he went from WSC and he tried to do his own thang, so his promoting didn't work that well. For me, he goes in like top 15 most popular rappers from West of all times, hate on me I don't care... That guy keep't his style, never went commercial even knowing that would open a lotta of other doors for him. Today's Hip-Hop scene goes only about YMCM, what tricks me, it's same like Death Row was on Top of it in 90's. But again, Death Row made it's rappers legendary, and for what you gon' say Lil' Wayne is legendary? Because "she licks it like a lollipop"? Ah c'mon. Today's technology made this shit. Now days everyone can be a fucking rapper, just get some money, record a song, even a video and there you have it, you're a rapper. That's lame. I'm always gonna rather listen to some Mack 10's records than todays artists like LW or Drake or anyone from YMCM, just because they don't have that sense of Hip-Hop, their genre is not that, it's Hip-Pop they destroyed Hip-Hop like a genre made it go to another direction opposite to the direction it used to go. Mack 10 still got it, he's still out there, he can still drop bangers, he can shut mouths to bunch of rappers with a single song if he wanted, but man does his own thing so if you didn't saw him on TV for ages that means he sold out, fell off or whatever you mean with that? Look at Xzibit for example, guy had tv show, and now he's more known because of that show than like a rapper... It's this technology and these generations, they don't wanna hear about world;ghetto;jail;society problems... They just wanna go to clubs dance to some hip-pop shit and go back home, and like we know X, Cube, Mack, Dre, Slim The Mobster and all of those older cats in Hip-Hop doesn't make music like that. That's why you think 10 fell of.

using Lil Wayne as an example of a "todays rapper" is not goin to work,
he is a "legend/veteran" in his own right, more so than local westcoast-hoo banger Mack 10
Dude you should take some therapies or somethin'...
He came 15 years ago, OK, that's kool, and tell me why he didn't was such a big name 10 years ago? You knew about him? He was known on "World level"? Nah... He came with "Kill Hip-Hop songs" and he get known. Fuck him.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2012, 05:20:30 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^
not 15 years ago but 17
lool how much i dont like lil wayne u must have lived under the stone when Cash Money was popping they were at the same level of popularity or more than Mack 10 ever was, and it was around 1999 and if u didnt know about Hot Boyz and Cash Money around this time u were either small kid who has no clue or just plain ignorant  -  and that is said by some1 from overseas so he was well known worldwide
so mayeb u tell me u never heard about Juvenile or Hot bOyz that time too?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2012, 05:48:52 AM »
he is a "legend/veteran" in his own right, more so than local westcoast-hoo banger Mack 10
He came 15 years ago, OK, that's kool, and tell me why he didn't was such a big name 10 years ago? You knew about him? He was known on "World level"? Nah... He came with "Kill Hip-Hop songs" and he get known. Fuck him.

hell no.

Like it or not, Wayne has put in work and has vastly improved from when he first came out. If you ask the average Hip-Hop fan to name 5-10 songs from Mack 10, not including stuff he did with WSCG, they probably wouldn't be able to do so.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »

yes

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2012, 08:12:53 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^
not 15 years ago but 17
lool how much i dont like lil wayne u must have lived under the stone when Cash Money was popping they were at the same level of popularity or more than Mack 10 ever was, and it was around 1999 and if u didnt know about Hot Boyz and Cash Money around this time u were either small kid who has no clue or just plain ignorant  -  and that is said by some1 from overseas so he was well known worldwide

True but it's a well known fact that Wayne was the least popular member of the Hot Boys back then, not saying that Lost Angels is right or whatever. I think that's one of the reasons why he was able to reinvent himself so well. People looked at him like the baby of the group so they didn't really take him seriously until Carter. BG and Juvenile were obviously the most popular members and even Baby was more popular than Wayne for alot of years.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2012, 09:36:15 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^
not 15 years ago but 17

True but it's a well known fact that Wayne was the least popular member of the Hot Boys back then, not saying that Lost Angels is right or whatever. I think that's one of the reasons why he was able to reinvent himself so well. People looked at him like the baby of the group so they didn't really take him seriously until Carter. BG and Juvenile were obviously the most popular members and even Baby was more popular than Wayne for alot of years.

Turk was the least popular member of the group. Wayne was known at that time, between the Hot Boys records and his first cd. You're correct though, he was able to reinvent himself with the Carter cd's; I give him some credit for the Squad Mixtapes as well.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
block is hot is was and will probably always be his best shit.

Sccit

« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »

yes

naah....lil wayne came out in 95, when he was 12. mack 10's debut also came out in 95, but it was earlier in the year.

Sccit

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »

hell no.

Like it or not, Wayne has put in work and has vastly improved from when he first came out. If you ask the average Hip-Hop fan to name 5-10 songs from Mack 10, not including stuff he did with WSCG, they probably wouldn't be able to do so.

i disagree...1999 lil wayne>>>>>current lil wayne

Sccit

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2012, 12:22:30 PM »
block is hot is was and will probably always be his best shit.

yes

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »

yes

naah....lil wayne came out in 95, when he was 12. mack 10's debut also came out in 95, but it was earlier in the year.

that album was underground in new orleans before it got any regional distribution. that album was completed before 95 but mack10 was on a song of ice cubes in 93 i think so its all fair game for discussion.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »

yes

that album was underground in new orleans before it got any regional distribution. that album was completed before 95 but mack10 was on a song of ice cubes in 93 i think so its all fair game for discussion.

Mack 10 was on Ice Cube's "Bootleg and B-Sides" album that dropped in '94.

hell no.

i disagree...1999 lil wayne>>>>>current lil wayne

I'm not a Weezy fan, but dude now is better than he was at 15. Personally I like the Squad Mixtapes and Carter II over his most recent stuff.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:09:28 PM by Reality Check »