Author Topic: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?  (Read 2518 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »
Like it or not, Wayne has put in work and has vastly improved from when he first came out. If you ask the average Hip-Hop fan to name 5-10 songs from Mack 10, not including stuff he did with WSCG, they probably wouldn't be able to do so.
I definitely acknowledge the fact that Lil Wayne has stepped up his game lyrically while also display an ability to make hit songs with greater appeal than before along with his work ethic.  But being one of the hottest in the game doesn't make you a hip-hop legend.

His problem that will likely never be fixed (unless he continues rapping well into his 30s) is that he hasn't made any significant songs that either will stand the test of time and be classic forever or have meaning and capture the mind-state of a generation and/or specific time period.  All of the hip-hop greats have done that at least once.  With all of the records sold and hit songs that I hear from Lil Wayne, they just don't stick.  Lollipop was a huge single that fueled platinum sales, but do you hear it anymore?  Can you imagine it playing in clubs in five years?  In Da Club is almost ten years old, and it still gets clubs going crazy when it starts playing.  Not even Weezy's best shit has that kind of relevance.  Even Puffy who has multiplatinum albums and $500 million to his name doesn't have shit that still gets play.

Oh yeah, and there's also that false flagging that he does.  Ketchup ass motherfucker.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
Like it or not, Wayne has put in work and has vastly improved from when he first came out. If you ask the average Hip-Hop fan to name 5-10 songs from Mack 10, not including stuff he did with WSCG, they probably wouldn't be able to do so.
I definitely acknowledge the fact that Lil Wayne has stepped up his game lyrically while also display an ability to make hit songs with greater appeal than before along with his work ethic.  But being one of the hottest in the game doesn't make you a hip-hop legend.

His problem that will likely never be fixed (unless he continues rapping well into his 30s) is that he hasn't made any significant songs that either will stand the test of time and be classic forever or have meaning and capture the mind-state of a generation and/or specific time period.  All of the hip-hop greats have done that at least once.  With all of the records sold and hit songs that I hear from Lil Wayne, they just don't stick.  Lollipop was a huge single that fueled platinum sales, but do you hear it anymore?  Can you imagine it playing in clubs in five years?  In Da Club is almost ten years old, and it still gets clubs going crazy when it starts playing.  Not even Weezy's best shit has that kind of relevance.  Even Puffy who has multiplatinum albums and $500 million to his name doesn't have shit that still gets play.

Oh yeah, and there's also that false flagging that he does.  Ketchup ass motherfucker.

I never said anything about Weezy being a legend. I sure as hell don't view him as a legend. His solo work is a lot more well known than Mack 10 in the grand scheme of things though. That much is undeniable.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »

I couldn't write it better myself. Totally agree on this one!
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »

I never said anything about Weezy being a legend. I sure as hell don't view him as a legend. His solo work is a lot more well known than Mack 10 in the grand scheme of things though. That much is undeniable.
Oh yeah, I know you didn't call him a legend... I was just saying that about what holds him back from getting his respect.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2012, 10:45:35 PM »
That Cash Money album is one of his best... His album with Da Hood was good, so was his album with Glasses Malone.

I don't know what you're talking about. Dude's never dropped one wack album and fillers are hard to find on his projects. Mack 10 might be the most consistent rapper on the West Coast.

All I needed to hear was that Mack 10 was on Cash Money's label.  That was enough for me to say he fell off and sold out.   Then when I caught his video once the song was trash and the video was garbage.  That was more than enough for me.  

You just admitted you hated it without even listening to it.  Isn't that like racism Brian?

Ironically, Dre produced his lead single for that album "Hate in your eyes".  So you hated that collab I guess.

And for the record, that is a great album.  Manny Fresh dropped some serious heat on there.  Mack 10 didn't sell out at all with that move.

bump for bri

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2012, 05:29:54 AM »
Bgz true story was Wayne's first album...it came out in 93 or 94 I believe

so he came out before Mack 10?

yes

naah....lil wayne came out in 95, when he was 12. mack 10's debut also came out in 95, but it was earlier in the year.

that album was underground in new orleans before it got any regional distribution. that album was completed before 95 but mack10 was on a song of ice cubes in 93 i think so its all fair game for discussion.

Mack 10 was on Ice Cube's "Bootleg and B-Sides" album that dropped in '94.

using Lil Wayne as an example of a "todays rapper" is not goin to work,
he is a "legend/veteran" in his own right, more so than local westcoast-hoo banger Mack 10
Dude you should take some therapies or somethin'...
He came 15 years ago, OK, that's kool, and tell me why he didn't was such a big name 10 years ago? You knew about him? He was known on "World level"? Nah... He came with "Kill Hip-Hop songs" and he get known. Fuck him.

he is a "legend/veteran" in his own right, more so than local westcoast-hoo banger Mack 10
hell no.

i disagree...1999 lil wayne>>>>>current lil wayne

I'm not a Weezy fan, but dude now is better than he was at 15. Personally I like the Squad Mixtapes and Carter II over his most recent stuff.

okay i was a year off so shoot me lol i dont use google or wikipedia when im talking my shit im going off memory and experience of working in record stores and being a rabid hip hop fan during this era

Quadruple OG

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »
Bgz true story was Wayne's first album...it came out in 93 or 94 I believe

so he came out before Mack 10?

yes

naah....lil wayne came out in 95, when he was 12. mack 10's debut also came out in 95, but it was earlier in the year.

that album was underground in new orleans before it got any regional distribution. that album was completed before 95 but mack10 was on a song of ice cubes in 93 i think so its all fair game for discussion.

Mack 10 was on Ice Cube's "Bootleg and B-Sides" album that dropped in '94.

Dude you should take some therapies or somethin'...
He came 15 years ago, OK, that's kool, and tell me why he didn't was such a big name 10 years ago? You knew about him? He was known on "World level"? Nah... He came with "Kill Hip-Hop songs" and he get known. Fuck him.

hell no.

i disagree...1999 lil wayne>>>>>current lil wayne

I'm not a Weezy fan, but dude now is better than he was at 15. Personally I like the Squad Mixtapes and Carter II over his most recent stuff.

okay i was a year off so shoot me lol i dont use google or wikipedia when im talking my shit im going off memory and experience of working in record stores and being a rabid hip hop fan during this era

I had edited my original post. I had thought his first track was on the Friday OST but found out I was wrong

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »
That Cash Money album is one of his best... His album with Da Hood was good, so was his album with Glasses Malone.

I don't know what you're talking about. Dude's never dropped one wack album and fillers are hard to find on his projects. Mack 10 might be the most consistent rapper on the West Coast.

All I needed to hear was that Mack 10 was on Cash Money's label.  That was enough for me to say he fell off and sold out.   Then when I caught his video once the song was trash and the video was garbage.  That was more than enough for me.  

You just admitted you hated it without even listening to it.  Isn't that like racism Brian?

Ironically, Dre produced his lead single for that album "Hate in your eyes".  So you hated that collab I guess.

And for the record, that is a great album.  Manny Fresh dropped some serious heat on there.  Mack 10 didn't sell out at all with that move.

bump for bri

LOL.. at the idea of "Manny Fresh produced heat".

I wouldn't know because I'm not a bitch.  I don't go to clubs and shake my ass to bullshit rap music.  When I want to listen to rap music I want to hear that real shit, not that punk shit.   I want to a mutherfucker bringin that hard core West Coast gangsta shit.  That man's man shit.

Manny Fresh makes music for bitches, and since your more of a bitch than a bitch I can see why you like it.  80% of the fans of Cash money are women, and the rest are men who follow women.  I ain't ever followed a bitch in my life. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »

bump for bri

LOL.. at the idea of "Manny Fresh produced heat".

I wouldn't know because I'm not a bitch.  I don't go to clubs and shake my ass to bullshit rap music.  When I want to listen to rap music I want to hear that real shit, not that punk shit.   I want to a mutherfucker bringin that hard core West Coast gangsta shit.  That man's man shit.

Manny Fresh makes music for bitches, and since your more of a bitch than a bitch I can see why you like it.  80% of the fans of Cash money are women, and the rest are men who follow women.  I ain't ever followed a bitch in my life. 

Manny Fresh made west coast gangsta shit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcvWQat7a98" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gcvWQat7a98</a>

8)

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »

When I want to listen to rap music I want to hear that real shit, not that punk shit.   I want to a mutherfucker bringin that hard core West Coast gangsta shit.  That man's man shit.

you sound pretty fuckin tough, especially for someone who still hasnt gotten over their first fuckin girlfriend and entered a fuckin arrainged marriage hahaha

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »

Manny Fresh made west coast gangsta shit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcvWQat7a98" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gcvWQat7a98</a>

8)

Making "gangsta shit" is more than coming to the studio and putting on a beat.  To make gangsta shit you got to stand up and be a man.  You can't be no bitch where 98% of your songs are for bitches in the club, and then one day you wake up and decide to be gangsta.  That ain't a gansta, that's a bitch.

Sccit

« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »
i know where u comin from, but theres lotsa manny fresh beats that bumped... of course, he's not on the level of a quik or dre, but he was never a sub-par producer, like swizz beats or some shit.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2012, 07:03:45 PM »
you sound pretty fuckin tough, especially for someone who still hasnt gotten over their first fuckin girlfriend and entered a fuckin arrainged marriage hahaha

See, you've never stood for nothing in your entire life.  So the only possible way for you to have a voice is by riding other niccaz nutz like a bitch.  See a man stands up on his principals, and sometimes he wins and sometimes he loses.  Sometimes he succeeds and sometimes he fails.  But at least he's never afraid to stand up like a man.  Your nothing but a little bitch who has never stood up for anything in your life.  

Your still shook from getting bullied in elementary school and your whole goal is to put negative attention on other people.  Because if attention was ever focused on you, everyone would see you for the bitch you are.  So all you can do is ride other niccaz nutz.  

I was trying to represent Islam to the fullest.  The only thing I am guilty of is I got married in the way orthodox Muslims get married.  So anyone who was following Islam to the fullest like I was would of got married the same way.  It's  not arranged as in my mommy went and married me to someone.  Your very uneducated and ignorant so I could see why you would think that.  It is only arranged in the sense that orthodox Muslims put word out they want to get married and they are introduced to women who are also looking to get married.  If you are introduced to one you like and they are also like you, then you discuss families, finances, etc. and then maybe go ahead and marry not long thereafter.  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
i know where u comin from, but theres lotsa manny fresh beats that bumped... of course, he's not on the level of a quik or dre, but he was never a sub-par producer, like swizz beats or some shit.

I don't care if that nicca produced "California Love", I ain't bumpin that shit.  Because he's a bitch and he makes music for bitches.  So fuck um

Sccit

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2012, 07:21:09 PM »
LOL