Author Topic: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?  (Read 2526 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »
Since when does Mannie Fresh make music for the bitches?

Portugoal

« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
resident = midwestryder?

bouli77

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2012, 09:29:05 AM »
nope, just infinite, i'm guessin midwestryder actually likes mack 10

Portugoal

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »
nope, just infinite, i'm guessin midwestryder actually likes mack 10

Ah yeah, you're right. Midwestryder can't spell words correctly.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
motherfucker please manny fresh would out produce daz any fucking day.

they still imitating mannys style of beats fifteen years after he layed the blue print...turn your radio on nothing but tripled up high hats and 808 snare rolls and shit.

manny invented that shit...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2012, 02:12:10 PM »

they still imitating mannys style of beats fifteen years after he layed the blue print...turn your radio on nothing but tripled up high hats and 808 snare rolls and shit.

not Daz from 1992-1998

Mannie Fresh was producing for UNLV and Cash Money in the 1990s.  notice how the shit Daz was producing on Dogg Pound is what Mannie Fresh was finally get into with UNLV in 1996?

examples:

UNLV before they were influecned by DPG sounded like this: 

UNLV after they got influenced by DPG: 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »
lmfao thats not a "daz" influence its a westcoast influence i can agree with but daz aint the first person to use a moog synth and neither were dre or warren or quik. manny is quick to give dre his props though as an inspiration...

shit when i think of the moog synth i think of the beach boys more then anything...maybe the beachboys are the true founders of g funk?

and lets be real what would daz beats back then have sounded like if dudes like dre quik soopafly and barney rubble and all them dudes didnt touch em? i

Sccit

« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »

LOL..manny aint touchin death row daz. one can argue that death row daz had a team of musicians and co-producers behind him, but if u compare those era of daz beats to manny fresh, it's not even close.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2012, 02:24:47 PM »

and lets be real what would daz beats back then have sounded like if dudes like dre quik soopafly and barney rubble and all them dudes didnt touch em? i

daz used to actually pound beats on a table and have soopafly recreate the track for him. hes not ill. his shit was just highly polished

daz had a long string of good luck

Sccit

« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »

daz used to actually pound beats on a table and have soopafly recreate the track for him. hes not ill. his shit was just highly polished

daz had a long string of good luck

regardless, daz production in death row era >>>>> manny fresh production of any era

Portugoal

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »

regardless, daz production in death row era >>>>> manny fresh production of any era

You're either hating, you don't know what you're talking about or you just don't like Mannie's style.

Mannie Fresh in his prime was untouchable in what he did: hard hitting beats.

Daz & Mannie Fresh had different styles, so I don't see why you would wanna compare them.

Sccit

« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2012, 02:46:51 PM »

You're either hating, you don't know what you're talking about or you just don't like Mannie's style.

Daz & Mannie Fresh had different styles, so I don't see why you would wanna compare them.

Trust me, I think Mannie Fresh had some bangin beats. It's just that Daz beats mixed by Dre, Quik, etc. were much better. Personal preference.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2012, 02:51:53 PM »

i think i made the first comparison between the two but its straight truth...daz said right in an interview the reason his beats aint what they was is "i just need some one to mix my shit right" and withthat one sentance daz degraded himself from a producer to a beatmaker.

manny mixes and engineers so does dre so does quik...shit like that separates producers from beat makers personally in my opinion.

you guys need to wake up and smell the coffee do you think some how after dillinger and young gotti part one he just woke up one morning and forgot how to make dope beats? no he lost his resources and equipment and shit...he ran out of old death row tracks to recycle  and burnt his bridges with cats like dr dre  and mike dean basically his string of good luck ran out.

bouli77

« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »

manny mixes and engineers so does dre so does quik...shit like that separates producers from beat makers personally in my opinion.

very true.

daz has incredible songs attached to his name but we know that 1) the credit system at death row was shady (either not accurate, or not detailed as to who did what) 2) dude had a bunch of co-producers & musicians.

one thing you can't take away from Daz is his own style of production, like if you listen to Daz's last song with Curren$y, his song on T.II.'s urban legend, that's Daz's touch right here (even though Shorty B. co-produced it and prolly took it to the next level)

fact of the matter is, Daz is probably a very good beat maker but not a great producer and sure as hell can't compare to game-changing producers like Dre, Quik & Mannie Fresh. he still has a dope C.V. as NIK pointed out (and very versatile if you compare the different styles of rap he produced). In my opinion, Daz is overrated in being underrated, people give him too much props because they think he was wronged by Dre and them credit wise in the Death Row days. if you wanna talk about a dope producer slept on, you need to talk about Chris "The Glove" Taylor, that man can do it all. also, Vicious Man Funk (VMF) from Dago.

I don't think he personally influenced Mannie Fresh though, Mannie was probably influenced by the trend of the day in 95 when he produced Bloody City or Chopper City, just like Jermaine Dupri was when he produced Funkdafied but it's not like Daz had an overwhelming style like say Big Hutch, Dre or Quik.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:37:44 PM by bouli77 »

Sccit

« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »

i think i made the first comparison between the two but its straight truth...daz said right in an interview the reason his beats aint what they was is "i just need some one to mix my shit right" and withthat one sentance daz degraded himself from a producer to a beatmaker.

you guys need to wake up and smell the coffee do you think some how after dillinger and young gotti part one he just woke up one morning and forgot how to make dope beats? no he lost his resources and equipment and shit...he ran out of old death row tracks to recycle  and burnt his bridges with cats like dr dre  and mike dean basically his string of good luck ran out.

i agree, daz is at his best when he has top-notch producers mixin his shit...but all i'm sayin is daz production with dre or quik or mike dean mixin > manny fresh on his own