Author Topic: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?  (Read 2514 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2012, 05:05:27 PM »
I agree with Petey. Just listen to Whats ya Phone # and imagine the kind of songs Pac could have been making instead. There's a reason Changes was an unreleased studio session instead of coming out while he was alive. You might be nodding your head to 2Pac saying nothing over G Funk beats, but I know he could've done a lot more.

fact of the matter is, 2pac produced classics before and after signing with death row...if the music he released with death row was all garbage, u might have a great point. but i enjoy the death row 2pac's music as much (if not more) than the pre-death row 2pac's music, as do most west coast hip-hop heads.

Really? there's no difference between party gangsta Pac and introspective Pac to you? Maybe his serious shit doesn't hold as much meaning to you.

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »
I agree with Petey. Just listen to Whats ya Phone # and imagine the kind of songs Pac could have been making instead. There's a reason Changes was an unreleased studio session instead of coming out while he was alive. You might be nodding your head to 2Pac saying nothing over G Funk beats, but I know he could've done a lot more.

fact of the matter is, 2pac produced classics before and after signing with death row...if the music he released with death row was all garbage, u might have a great point. but i enjoy the death row 2pac's music as much (if not more) than the pre-death row 2pac's music, as do most west coast hip-hop heads.

Really? there's no difference between party gangsta Pac and introspective Pac to you? Maybe his serious shit doesn't hold as much meaning to you.

yea...the introspective pac is shit u'd bump in your headphones while chillin. the gangsta pac is shit u'd knock in your ride with your peoples when u goin out to have a good time. both enjoyable in two different ways.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »

yea...the introspective pac is shit u'd bump in your headphones while chillin. the gangsta pac is shit u'd knock in your ride with your peoples when u goin out to have a good time. both enjoyable in two different ways.

See if I wanted gangsta shit, that's what I listen to Dre or Snoop for. Pac had the ability to do something else, to say something actually meaningful with his music. So for him to go that lane is a disappointment. California Love might as well have been a Dre and Snoop song, wouldn't have made a difference to me.

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »

See if I wanted gangsta shit, that's what I listen to Dre or Snoop for. Pac had the ability to do something else, to say something actually meaningful with his music. So for him to go that lane is a disappointment. California Love might as well have been a Dre and Snoop song, wouldn't have made a difference to me.

u may take it as that, but to me, it just shows versatility and the ability to venture out to different sub-genres of hip-hop. it's a talent, if anything. like i said, it'd be one thing if his death row hits weren't classic, but they are, so knockin him for bein able to come at an audience from both angles aint really legit, as long as he was tackling both angles at a high level.

Remedy360

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
lmao, Inifnites hip hop posts are gold.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »

u may take it as that, but to me, it just shows versatility and the ability to venture out to different sub-genres of hip-hop. it's a talent, if anything. like i said, it'd be one thing if his death row hits weren't classic, but they are, so knockin him for bein able to come at an audience from both angles aint really legit, as long as he was tackling both angles at a high level.

But the bar to make those songs is so low compared to Pac's deeper stuff. I mean Dre didn't even write his own rhymes yet he was able to pump out gangsta shit and party jams like it was nothing. Those songs didn't require Pac's lyrical skill at all. Pac had a different kind of talent, but he stopped using it for the most part once he got with Death Row.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2012, 02:58:07 PM »

lmao at u dont want to let garbage enter your system yet your on a westcoast gangster rap music forum for 24 hours a day..  if u havent noticed 85 % of the subject matter in gangster rap is garbage..no matter what the label

The gangsta rap I listened to from the 90's was far from garbage. 

Gangsta rap was sort of like a modern day version of tribalism.  Back Ancient Africa and the Middle East, members of a tribe would have different titles and job duties.  For example you would have your warrior wing of the tribe, you would have your hunter gatherers, and so on.  One vital segment of the tribe were the poets.  The poets would glorify the virtues of the tribe.  The were the voice of the tribe and they communicated their aspirations to the outside world.  Gangsta rappers were the same way.  They were great poets and artists reppin where they were from and their virtues in heroism, courage, and valor. 

Anyone who knows Snoop knows that Snoop has a good heart.  Snoop is a righteous man.  2pac is a righteous man.  The gangsta rap I was listening to growing up was mostly Death Row and it's affiliates.  The weren't perfect, but for the most part it was positive.
first this fool goes on and on about how slaves had it better than slave masters, and now hes relating death row records to ancient african poets. youve got a fucked up brain

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »

But the bar to make those songs is so low compared to Pac's deeper stuff. I mean Dre didn't even write his own rhymes yet he was able to pump out gangsta shit and party jams like it was nothing. Those songs didn't require Pac's lyrical skill at all. Pac had a different kind of talent, but he stopped using it for the most part once he got with Death Row.

i dunno...if it's so easy to knock out west coast party classics and timeless hits, why aren't more peeps doin it? fact of the matter is, songs like "how do you want it", "2 of amerikaz most wanted", "cali love", "hail mary", "to live and die in la" etc. are some of the greatest west coast hip-hop singles of all time and are still imitated until this very day. 2pac was on top of his game til the very day he died.

bouli77

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2012, 05:21:51 PM »

lmao at u dont want to let garbage enter your system yet your on a westcoast gangster rap music forum for 24 hours a day..  if u havent noticed 85 % of the subject matter in gangster rap is garbage..no matter what the label

Gangsta rap was sort of like a modern day version of tribalism.  Back Ancient Africa and the Middle East, members of a tribe would have different titles and job duties.  For example you would have your warrior wing of the tribe, you would have your hunter gatherers, and so on.  One vital segment of the tribe were the poets.  The poets would glorify the virtues of the tribe.  The were the voice of the tribe and they communicated their aspirations to the outside world.  Gangsta rappers were the same way.  They were great poets and artists reppin where they were from and their virtues in heroism, courage, and valor. 

Anyone who knows Snoop knows that Snoop has a good heart.  Snoop is a righteous man.  2pac is a righteous man.  The gangsta rap I was listening to growing up was mostly Death Row and it's affiliates.  The weren't perfect, but for the most part it was positive.

no, it was garbage...even i can admit that.

its just it was the soundtrack to your youth so you cherish it like uncle rico.

songs like brenda had a baby etc dont hold a candle to songe like sam cookes change gon come....but unforuently in the 80 - 90s is when all music  took a turn for the worst so a song like that is the closest thing this generation has to actual humaniatrian artists and shit like stevie wonder curtis mayfield etc. its a shame that to cats like brian this is the closest they will ever have to being truly inspired by music is listening to tupac rhyme enemy with hennesee over old isley samples.

agree with that and ur subsequent posts, maybe not garbage but i definitely know where you're coming from. i mean i enjoy gangsta rap for what it is, but most gangsta rappers became parodies of themselves, thank god the music was dope.

as far as the topic is concerned, i would say that Infinite's opinion is irrelevant and invalidated by his bigotry and ignorance of the topic at hand.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
That Cash Money album is one of his best... His album with Da Hood was good, so was his album with Glasses Malone.

I don't know what you're talking about. Dude's never dropped one wack album and fillers are hard to find on his projects. Mack 10 might be the most consistent rapper on the West Coast.

All I needed to hear was that Mack 10 was on Cash Money's label.  That was enough for me to say he fell off and sold out.   Then when I caught his video once the song was trash and the video was garbage.  That was more than enough for me.  

You just admitted you hated it without even listening to it.  Isn't that like racism Brian?

Ironically, Dre produced his lead single for that album "Hate in your eyes".  So you hated that collab I guess.

And for the record, that is a great album.  Manny Fresh dropped some serious heat on there.  Mack 10 didn't sell out at all with that move.

Remedy360

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2012, 11:07:40 PM »

[/quote]first this fool goes on and on about how slaves had it better than slave masters, and now hes relating death row records to ancient african poets. youve got a fucked up brain

LOL what?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2012, 12:01:34 AM »
But while a song like Changes was an unreleased song, it's not as if every other shelved track was just like it.  The same thing applies to the Death Row stuff that was unreleased after All Eyez on Me and Makaveli.  If we were to look up the unreleased tracks from both periods, a smaller portion of it would be the deeper, more introspective songs.  So it's not like Pac recorded a bunch of thoughtful tracks that the record label, whether Interscope or Death Row, decided was not good enough while ordering him to go back and re-do an album to their liking.  Pac did the party tracks, the thugged out tracks, all sorts of tracks... willingly, whether his idea or not.

b.laden

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2012, 07:52:46 AM »
quite agree execpt for his fisrt album on cash money records .. it was pretty good , even better than his previous album .  many fresh was the producer ..at this time, cash money records was a real good label .. but yeah then he fell off hard .. in the 90's hoobangin was the shit (cj mac , eiht, WC, techniec and one of the most underrated producer : young tray

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:20 AM »
alot of you guys stopped blowing mack 10 the second he fell out with ice cube.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2012, 09:49:56 AM »
first this fool goes on and on about how slaves had it better than slave masters, and now hes relating death row records to ancient african poets. youve got a fucked up brain

lol.... I never said slaves had it better than slave masters.   I actually compared the plight of regular poor whites (not slave masters) with that of the slaves.  The poor whites who worked in the North worked at a time in which there were no labor laws.   They worked at factories in the North and would perform backbreaking labor for 12-16 hours a day, 6 days a week, and get paid very little.  Also, beating were the order of the day.  In that time period beatings were the primary form of punishment.  So even if you were a white in the North your boss could and did beat the shit out of you as a method of punishment.  It was just a brutal time period.   The church dominated everything.   Whites in the North had no sexual freedoms, they were forced into fighting in the armed forces and leaving their families and so on.  In fact...Parents even beat the shit out of their kids back in those days.  The church beat the shit out of people.  Everybody was catching beatings back then... We can break it down like this....

Black slaves get beat as punishment -   So do white workers in the North get beat as punishment

Blacks forced to separate from their families  -  So were a high percentage of whites forced to serve and die in war and spend lives away from family

...so this caused some whites to envy the freedoms blacks held on the plantation.  Knowing that they always had three hots and a kot.  The sexual freedoms that they were allowed on the plantation.  Their music and dance and social gatherings that were often not allowed by the church in the case of whites.  And so on.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:51:37 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)