Author Topic: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?  (Read 2515 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Did any West Coast rapper fall off and sell out worse than Mack 10?
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
bro that was the coolest story ever.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »
Spike Lee and other "black intellectuals" are always portraying the Slavery era minstrel shows as the ultimate evil in black entertainment. Whenever Spike wants to diss somebody like Tyler Perry or an ignorant rap artist, you will often hear them being compared to Minstrel Shows.

But there is another, hidden truth about Minstrel Shows and slavery that Spike Lee wouldn't very much like to admit. I'm going to point out 2 hidden truths, and open it up for discussion to see what ya'll think about this.

Hidden Truth #1. Minstrel Shows are often portrayed by black intellectuals as a way that whites would make fun of blacks. But they were actually a means in which WHITES ENVIED BLACKS. You have to understand that in that during the slavery era the church played a huge role in society. And life was not easy for white people. Whites worked very hard, and the church instructed them that idle time spent was evil and the work of the devil. Whites, ironically, envied blacks for their time spent in leisure, for their music, for their dance, for their sexual promiscuity, for their humor, for their FREEDOMS. Often, the only acceptable way for them to experience this was vicariously through the black-face minstrel shows.

Hidden Truth #2. Now the reason that "black intellectuals" don't like Minstrel Shows is they believe they portray stereotypes. Also, black intellectuals don't like to admit that many slaves spoke positively of their lives as a slave, and the larger percentage of freed slaves after the civil war chose to stay on the plantation, and even longed for the days of slavery. Black intellectuals don't like to admit this because they believe it depicts blacks as being inferior. See, black intellectuals like Spike Lee are focused primarily on BLACK POWER, so they fail to see that often life and lifestyles of whites in the slave era were MISERABLE, and that whites actually envied the joys of black life and the freedoms that black slaves had. Blacks had less responsibilities, and without an economic incentive, slaves would have their necessities taken care of whether or not they worked in sincerity. While whites and free blacks constantly worried over keeping a warm home and food on the table.
goddamn youre an idiot

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
so you admit to not listening to his music and just ASSUMING its sold out?

This basically sums it up. :sign_banhim:

Remedy360

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »
Thread Fail.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
I agree with Petey. Just listen to Whats ya Phone # and imagine the kind of songs Pac could have been making instead. There's a reason Changes was an unreleased studio session instead of coming out while he was alive. You might be nodding your head to 2Pac saying nothing over G Funk beats, but I know he could've done a lot more.

fact of the matter is, 2pac produced classics before and after signing with death row...if the music he released with death row was all garbage, u might have a great point. but i enjoy the death row 2pac's music as much (if not more) than the pre-death row 2pac's music, as do most west coast hip-hop heads.
i like his death row shit more.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
One thing I know for a fact because I heard it from the promoter of that show Mack 10 did a few weeks back (& that is DJ Droops) is that he booked Macl 10 as a headliner & he barely played 30 minutes & left the building, no encore, no nothing.
That seems a little short for a headliner's performance & somewhat disrespectful to his fans who came to see him... (which is NOT saying he fell off but might have lost some of his hunger that made him a household name in West Coast music)

Quadruple OG

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »
One thing I know for a fact because I heard it from the promoter of that show Mack 10 did a few weeks back (& that is DJ Droops) is that he booked Macl 10 as a headliner & he barely played 30 minutes & left the building, no encore, no nothing.
That seems a little short for a headliner's performance & somewhat disrespectful to his fans who came to see him... (which is NOT saying he fell off but might have lost some of his hunger that made him a household name in West Coast music)

No offense to the promoter, but if Mack 10 is headlining a concert, you're scratching the bottom of the barrel.

Thread Fail.

The thread was a fail the minute the OP typed "Mack 10" instead of "Kurupt" when deciding to come up with this thread.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »

No offense to the promoter, but if Mack 10 is headlining a concert, you're scratching the bottom of the barrel.

Thread Fail.

why? Mack 10 wouldn't deserve top headline clubs at this point in his career? We ain't talking filling up stadiums of course, it's a club venue & Mack definitely filled the place. Promoter had no complaint whatsoever money-wise, just with the short length of the performance, him being a Mack 10 fan too.

Remedy360

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2012, 02:41:45 PM »

Thread Fail.

why? Mack 10 wouldn't deserve top headline clubs at this point in his career? We ain't talking filling up stadiums of course, it's a club venue & Mack definitely filled the place. Promoter had no complaint whatsoever money-wise, just with the short length of the performance, him being a Mack 10 fan too.

I don't get the point you were trying to make. My point was that there are people that have fallen off much worse than Mack, but more importantly Inifinte admitted that he decided all of this solely based on the fact that he signed to Cash Money without even listening to his material.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »

Thread Fail.

I don't get the point you were trying to make. My point was that there are people that have fallen off much worse than Mack, but more importantly Inifinte admitted that he decided all of this solely based on the fact that he signed to Cash Money without even listening to his material.

My point is simple, I ain't saying he fell off or that he fell off just because he signed to Cash Money, even though personally I do prefer his early albums to his more recent ones. I'm simply stating a point of personal disapointment that I think (I might be wrong) illustrate a certain lack of respect (or interest) towards his own fans.
Matter of fact as one of those fans, I HOPE I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
& It's more difficult to please your fans if you don't really respect them anymore, don't you think?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:27:07 PM by Cordozzar Drakko »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 05:08:13 PM »

Yea, small clubs I could see him being a top act. IMO when I hear the name "Mack 10", headliner isn't the first word that comes to mind

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »

Yea, small clubs I could see him being a top act. IMO when I hear the name "Mack 10", headliner isn't the first word that comes to mind

Really depends on the size of the venue.. There are spots that headline unknown acts, and there are spots where Mack 10 couldn't even open at.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
So OK, like I said before, Mack 10 didn't fell off that hard like Kurupt or Snoop Dogg. Now I'm gonna get some weird hate thing on me because I mentioned Snoop but really, dude sold his soul to devil because of money. I know you're businessman, but hell with that, do tracks for your fans not for Kate Perry's fans, you ain't from Somalia or somethin' you're like Top 10 known names in Hip-Hop world. But enough with Snoop, it's about Mack 10. A lotta dudes here are saying that he fell off, but nah he didn't. It's just he went from WSC and he tried to do his own thang, so his promoting didn't work that well. For me, he goes in like top 15 most popular rappers from West of all times, hate on me I don't care... That guy keep't his style, never went commercial even knowing that would open a lotta of other doors for him. Today's Hip-Hop scene goes only about YMCM, what tricks me, it's same like Death Row was on Top of it in 90's. But again, Death Row made it's rappers legendary, and for what you gon' say Lil' Wayne is legendary? Because "she licks it like a lollipop"? Ah c'mon. Today's technology made this shit. Now days everyone can be a fucking rapper, just get some money, record a song, even a video and there you have it, you're a rapper. That's lame. I'm always gonna rather listen to some Mack 10's records than todays artists like LW or Drake or anyone from YMCM, just because they don't have that sense of Hip-Hop, their genre is not that, it's Hip-Pop they destroyed Hip-Hop like a genre made it go to another direction opposite to the direction it used to go. Mack 10 still got it, he's still out there, he can still drop bangers, he can shut mouths to bunch of rappers with a single song if he wanted, but man does his own thing so if you didn't saw him on TV for ages that means he sold out, fell off or whatever you mean with that? Look at Xzibit for example, guy had tv show, and now he's more known because of that show than like a rapper... It's this technology and these generations, they don't wanna hear about world;ghetto;jail;society problems... They just wanna go to clubs dance to some hip-pop shit and go back home, and like we know X, Cube, Mack, Dre, Slim The Mobster and all of those older cats in Hip-Hop doesn't make music like that. That's why you think 10 fell of.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:25:20 PM by LostAngel »
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2012, 06:37:58 PM »
So OK, like I said before, Mack 10 didn't fell off that hard like Kurupt or Snoop Dogg. Now I'm gonna get some weird hate thing on me because I mentioned Snoop but really, dude sold his soul to devil because of money. I know you're businessman, but hell with that, do tracks for your fans not for Kate Perry's fans, you ain't from Somalia or somethin' you're like Top 10 known names in Hip-Hop world. But enough with Snoop, it's about Mack 10. A lotta dudes here are saying that he fell off, but nah he didn't. It's just he went from WSC and he tried to do his own thang, so his promoting didn't work that well. For me, he goes in like top 15 most popular rappers from West of all times, hate on me I don't care... That guy keep't his style, never went commercial even knowing that would open a lotta of other doors for him. Today's Hip-Hop scene goes only about YMCM, what tricks me, it's same like Death Row was on Top of it in 90's. But again, Death Row made it's rappers legendary, and for what you gon' say Lil' Wayne is legendary? Because "she licks it like a lollipop"? Ah c'mon. Today's technology made this shit. Now days everyone can be a fucking rapper, just get some money, record a song, even a video and there you have it, you're a rapper. That's lame. I'm always gonna rather listen to some Mack 10's records than todays artists like LW or Drake or anyone from YMCM, just because they don't have that sense of Hip-Hop, their genre is not that, it's Hip-Pop they destroyed Hip-Hop like a genre made it go to another direction opposite to the direction it used to go. Mack 10 still got it, he's still out there, he can still drop bangers, he can shut mouths to bunch of rappers with a single song if he wanted, but man does his own thing so if you didn't saw him on TV for ages that means he sold out, fell off or whatever you mean with that? Look at Xzibit for example, guy had tv show, and now he's more known because of that show than like a rapper... It's this technology and these generations, they don't wanna hear about world;ghetto;jail;society problems... They just wanna go to clubs dance to some hip-pop shit and go back home, and like we know X, Cube, Mack, Dre, Slim The Mobster and all of those older cats in Hip-Hop doesn't make music like that. That's why you think 10 fell of.

using Lil Wayne as an example of a "todays rapper" is not goin to work,
he is a "legend/veteran" in his own right, more so than local westcoast-hoo banger Mack 10

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »

using Lil Wayne as an example of a "todays rapper" is not goin to work,
he is a "legend/veteran" in his own right, more so than local westcoast-hoo banger Mack 10
hell no.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.