Author Topic: What Do Europeans Eat?  (Read 666 times)

blcxm

Re: What Do Europeans Eat?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 03:07:16 AM »
In Holland we only eat Gouda cheese, weed, windmills and tulips.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 05:05:07 AM »
its all subjective, but to me the best europe-cookin is in Italy (best food culture in the world overall).
the worst --> definitely Great Britain  :puke:

Fraxxx

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »
Italians mostly eat pizza and macaroni. Germans eat Bratwurst 4 days of the week.

Not all Germans. I prefer Satekroket from vending machines in train stations. :)

My girlfriend is Russian, today she fixed a mean Borschtsch for us. I mean, in this day and age everybody who is smart enough and can afford it don't eat with regional restrictions. I eat whatever is tasty and healthy.

lol of course bro, i live in LA and i've tried all types of food, Mediterranean, Peruvian, Argentinean, Mexican & Homemade Mexican, Brazilian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Tex-Mex, Italian,

but like for asians and mexicans, when they eat in, they eat their ethnic meals.

i mean do the brits eat fish and chips all day? or do they eat like white americans with like for dinner they'd prob eat some red meat (meat loaf or some sort of steak), with some veggies, and some type of starch either potato or mixed rice.

i mean sounds stupid, but I'm pretty curious.

I guess at least my parents' generation ate mostly as you said for Americans, piece of meat, veggies, potatoes, all in different variations. Nowadays too many eat junk food bullshit, in different variations, cuz they are all brainwashed.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

bouli77

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 11:25:37 PM »
lol of course bro, i live in LA and i've tried all types of food, Mediterranean, Peruvian, Argentinean, Mexican & Homemade Mexican, Brazilian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Tex-Mex, Italian,

but like for asians and mexicans, when they eat in, they eat their ethnic meals.

i mean do the brits eat fish and chips all day? or do they eat like white americans with like for dinner they'd prob eat some red meat (meat loaf or some sort of steak), with some veggies, and some type of starch either potato or mixed rice.

yeah my asian friends eat their ethnic meals when they eat in, that is mostly rice, pho, bo bun, that type of food.

I grew up in a globalized era and in a multicultural society, so when I eat in or out it can be very varied. i eat salads a lot, beef (steaks mostly), pork, lamb, duck, fish, lasagna, pizza, chinese/vietnamese food, and of course cheese.

but the main trends in france are :

Pizza : believe it or not, French people are the biggest pizza consumers in Europe, and that's a specialty in south of france (i'm guessing it's due to the massive italian heritage over there, especially in the south east).

Wine : that's a given, like beer in Germany, most people drink wine at lunch & dinner, whether white, rosé or red according to the meal

Cheese : that's another given, so many different types of cheese, when i was in America that's what I missed the most

Brie

Roquefort

Raclette

Pork : i know Americans eat bacon a lot, i discovered bacon when i was in Canada in 1995 (even though bacon is pretty common in france too), never really liked it, I prefer French pork by far, whether it's bayonne ham, regular ham or saucisson, my favorite food in the world lol,  we also eat chorizzo a lot but that's from Spain

Pastries : well it's another given, I'm not a huge fan of pastries, i don't eat that much sweet food, but I do enjoy croissants, pains aux raisins ( & pains au chocolat ) and éclairs aux chocolats

and of course, the baguette, which is a staple here,

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 11:49:50 PM »
I'm a cold cut and fresh bread fiend. I see you, Euros.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Portugoal

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 12:23:53 AM »
Wine : that's a given, like beer in Germany, most people drink wine at lunch & dinner, whether white, rosé or red according to the meal

I know you're actually not lying about the wine. French really do drink wine at lunch.

.. but Germans don't really drink beer at lunch, do they? lol

blcxm

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 12:49:12 AM »

Fraxxx

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 12:54:04 AM »
^^^ No, most Germans don't drink beer with their lunches, we drink it for breakfast. ;)

One thing I miss when I'm not in Germany (propably the only thing) is the bread. The bakery I go to got 18 different kinds of bread and 13 kinds of bread roll.

I know there are German bakeries in Japan and the US and it's a speciality but here it's pretty common to have such a wide range of bread types.

My favorite is this:
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 01:16:35 AM »
The standard meal here is

some sort of meat + potatoes + salad/vegetables

That's the holy trinity you shouldn't fuck with.
Potatoes can be replaced by rice or noodles, but ever since Frederick The Great introduced potatoes Germans eat potatoes

I would prefer fish as meat, but sadly you won't find fresh fish for a reasonable price here. In this regard I envy the Germans in the North

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 05:57:42 AM »
The standard meal here is

some sort of meat + potatoes + salad/vegetables

That's the holy trinity you shouldn't fuck with.
Potatoes can be replaced by rice or noodles, but ever since Frederick The Great introduced potatoes Germans eat potatoes

I would prefer fish as meat, but sadly you won't find fresh fish for a reasonable price here. In this regard I envy the Germans in the North

lmao @ "some sort of meat", so u dont even know what the hell ur eatin then?

dog or cat?

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 06:12:58 AM »

yeah my asian friends eat their ethnic meals when they eat in, that is mostly rice, pho, bo bun, that type of food.

I grew up in a globalized era and in a multicultural society, so when I eat in or out it can be very varied. i eat salads a lot, beef (steaks mostly), pork, lamb, duck, fish, lasagna, pizza, chinese/vietnamese food, and of course cheese.

Pizza : believe it or not, French people are the biggest pizza consumers in Europe, and that's a specialty in south of france (i'm guessing it's due to the massive italian heritage over there, especially in the south east).

Cheese : that's another given, so many different types of cheese, when i was in America that's what I missed the most

Brie

Roquefort

Raclette

Pork : i know Americans eat bacon a lot, i discovered bacon when i was in Canada in 1995 (even though bacon is pretty common in france too), never really liked it, I prefer French pork by far, whether it's bayonne ham, regular ham or saucisson, my favorite food in the world lol,  we also eat chorizzo a lot but that's from Spain

Pastries : well it's another given, I'm not a huge fan of pastries, i don't eat that much sweet food, but I do enjoy croissants, pains aux raisins ( & pains au chocolat ) and éclairs aux chocolats

Omelette du fromage?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »

Brie

Roquefort

Raclette

Omelette du fromage?

Pretty much the same and LA is as global as it gets

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

V2DHeart

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »
Region does not dictate what you eat....

I'm from Scotland, but I hate stovies. I rarely have Haggis (although I do like it) and I can't remember the last time I had a piece of shortbread.. I say this though as I drink my whiskey  :D

Certain foods just represent for the country. Don't read too much into it..

I have cereals, pop tarts, toast, porridge, bagels, and all sorts of different stuff for breakfast depending on what I feel like

I eat sandwiches, chicken pieces, burgers, pizza, pasta, steaks, mcdonalds, kfc, stir fry's, rice, and anything else... Asking what people eat would just result in a very very long answer
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »

I'm from Scotland, but I hate stovies. I rarely have Haggis (although I do like it) and I can't remember the last time I had a piece of shortbread.. I say this though as I drink my whiskey  :D

I have cereals, pop tarts, toast, porridge, bagels, and all sorts of different stuff for breakfast depending on what I feel like

I eat sandwiches, chicken pieces, burgers, pizza, pasta, steaks, mcdonalds, kfc, stir fry's, rice, and anything else... Asking what people eat would just result in a very very long answer

Haggis is so disgusting. i was in Glasgow in 2004, n i tried that shit.. jesus..

everythin that is food-related to United Kingdom is absolutely terrible

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »

Haggis is so disgusting. i was in Glasgow in 2004, n i tried that shit.. jesus..

everythin that is food-related to United Kingdom is absolutely terrible
fish n chips is good

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.