Author Topic: "Herb is the Healing of the Nation, and Alcohol is it's destruction" -Bob Marley  (Read 315 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I always heard the first part of this quote, but never knew that wasn't full quote from Bob Marley.  The full quote is actually....

"Earb is the Healing of the Nation, and Alcohol is it's destruction!"

...true Rasta's should take heed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:28:48 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

You've never come at me directly so I don't want to be too much of a dick, but I really don't understand the point of the majority of your posts. I mean, you know for a fact that a good portion of the people on here drink, and yet you make this post (this isn't the first time you've used this quote by the way). Furthermore I don't really see what kind of positive response you could have gotten here either. You are a mystery to me. Also, I believe you spelled "herb" wrong.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:50:31 PM by Remedy360 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

Herb gives people schizophrenia

Sikotic™

I knew a man named Earb once. He was dying of lung cancer. Never found out what happened to him.

RIP??
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sleazy

It's true that cannabis may trigger latent schizophrenia in very rare cases. Everyone knows this because prohibionists repeat it like a mantra. What's funny is that no one seems to be worried about alcohol doing the very same, even though it has a much larger potential for it (especially during the hangover phase).

But alcohol isn't the problem, let alone the destruction of mankind. It's a great solvent, sterilizer, and general cleaning agent. The problem is people who abuse it as an intoxicant. ;) And especially the ones that use being intoxicated as an excuse to behave in ways they never would otherwise.

Triple OG Rapsodie

It's true that cannabis may trigger latent schizophrenia in very rare cases. Everyone knows this because prohibionists repeat it like a mantra. What's funny is that no one seems to be worried about alcohol doing the very same, even though it has a much larger potential for it (especially during the hangover phase).

But alcohol isn't the problem, let alone the destruction of mankind. It's a great solvent, sterilizer, and general cleaning agent. The problem is people who abuse it as an intoxicant. ;) And especially the ones that use being intoxicated as an excuse to behave in ways they never would otherwise.

It's actually not that rare. I know multiple people it happened to. And alcohol related to schizophrenia? News to me. I've never heard of a link between them. I guess its possible, but there's no way there's a larger potential for it, especially not with moderated use. And what would the hangover phase have to do with anything?

Sleazy

It's actually not that rare. I know multiple people it happened to. And alcohol related to schizophrenia? News to me. I've never heard of a link between them. I guess its possible, but there's no way there's a larger potential for it, especially not with moderated use. And what would the hangover phase have to do with anything?

I dunno I'm no neuroscientist it's just something I read. But basically a hangover is acetaldehyde poisoning from consuming alcohol at a faster rate than your liver can convert it. Somehow it has to be related to that. True, it's a non-issue with moderate use.

But damn you know multiple people who have been diagnozed with schizophrenia which has been triggered by cannabis? Do you work at the psych ward or something? I suppose it's not impossible otherwise either. Schizophrenia is hereditary so if there's one in your family there will likely be more... And if that's the case maybe smoking weed isn't the best idea. But even if you never do you might still go crazy. Because, like Nas said, life's a bitch and... you know the rest.

Triple OG Rapsodie

I dunno I'm no neuroscientist it's just something I read. But basically a hangover is acetaldehyde poisoning from consuming alcohol at a faster rate than your liver can convert it. Somehow it has to be related to that. True, it's a non-issue with moderate use.

But damn you know multiple people who have been diagnozed with schizophrenia which has been triggered by cannabis? Do you work at the psych ward or something? I suppose it's not impossible otherwise either. Schizophrenia is hereditary so if there's one in your family there will likely be more... And if that's the case maybe smoking weed isn't the best idea. But even if you never do you might still go crazy. Because, like Nas said, life's a bitch and... you know the rest.

I've got it in the family, which is why I've never smoked. I'm past the age where it usually develops, so I think I'm okay. But drug use could definitely bring it out.

Sccit

lol.. those dumb mufuckaz were destined to be nutcases. weed didn't give them schizophrenia.. trust me

Sikotic™

Fuck all that noise. There's pros and cons to both, but you gotta control the substance, not let the substance control you.

I never heard of weed causing schizophrenia either, but I've seen a few people eat too much weed and they acted like they were seeing things lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
You've never come at me directly so I don't want to be too much of a dick, but I really don't understand the point of the majority of your posts. I mean, you know for a fact that a good portion of the people on here drink, and yet you make this post (this isn't the first time you've used this quote by the way). Furthermore I don't really see what kind of positive response you could have gotten here either. You are a mystery to me. Also, I believe you spelled "herb" wrong.

My purpose here isn't to get "positive responses".   

Hip-hop is a form of art and expression.  Through hip-hop I've found an outlet for self-expression.  This forum most closely fits my musical tastes, so I use this site to either show love and support to the artists/people who speak for me, or as an outlet to speak on my own views.  So if you truly want to express yourself fully then you can't let yourself be compromised by negative responses.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Wheres my daddy

Daddy, are you a rasta, or a muslim?  I'm confused... Maybe if you came to visit me more often I would understand.

O.G A.Geesta'z

Fuck all that noise. There's pros and cons to both, but you gotta control the substance, not let the substance control you.

I never heard of weed causing schizophrenia either, but I've seen a few people eat too much weed and they acted like they were seeing things lol
I've been eating a lot of edibles lately the brownies and rice crispy treats and it fucks me up and dehydrates me and gets me hella constipated... is it worse then smoking??
The West is Back