Author Topic: 50 Cent Sells!!!!!  (Read 248 times)

E. J. Rizo

50 Cent Sells!!!!!
« on: February 07, 2003, 12:29:53 AM »
check this out.....

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news04100m01

sellin like pancakes........ :)

Don Seer

Re:50 Cent Sells!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 03:34:50 AM »
mmm pancakes

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 03:50:20 AM »
No wonder. They got a major hype goin' on. Just waiting for mine to arrive in the mail...  :)

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 06:31:42 AM »
I was surprised @ how he is selling.  It looks like there are really a  lot of loyal people that are behind 50 and buying his album instead of bootlegging.  I went to 3 stores before I got 50, and I had to lie to say I reserved it to get my hands on a copy.

I got it though, no DVD.   :'(

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 10:31:03 AM »
50 CENT STARTS TO GET RICH AS SALES GO BEYOND EXPECTATIONS  

Shady/Aftermath/Interscope Rapper’s Album Hits the Streets Five Days Early As Sales Look to Soar Above 500K

February 6, 2003

All hail the new king.
The eagerly anticipated Shady/Aftermath/Interscope 50 Cent album, Get Rich or Die Trying, hit retail stores today, and in some cases, yesterday, and is flying out of the stores, with predictions for its first-week total soaring over 500k, and possibly going as high as 650k.

"The bottom of the total is 500k," said UMVD boss Jim Urie. "But it could go even higher. In fact, I've had to use my fingers and toes to count 'em all."

The controversial rapper’s major label bow was made available five days before its scheduled Feb.11 release date due to rampant Internet piracy, according to Interscope Geffen A&M marketing guru and TV pitchman Steve Berman, who gushed, "50 Cent has exeeded our wildest expectations. It's a tribute to the vision of Eminem and Dr. Dre and the artistry of 50 Cent."

It is rare that an album goes on sale on a day other than Tuesday, though it was done last Memorial Day weekend, when Eminem’s The Eminem Show went on sale on Sunday instead of the following Tuesday. Last December, Columbia moved the release date of its Nas album up several days as well.

Even with two fewer sales days, the Shady/Aftermath/Interscope album will easily top next week’s sales chart.

The Jamaica, Queens-born rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, ironically made his reputation by selling bootleg mix tapes on the street before inking a reported million-dollar deal with Eminem and Dr. Dre last spring.

The hip-hop star has been embroiled in controversy, harboring feuds with, among others, Murder Inc.’s Irv Gotti, fellow rapper Ja Rule and Source magazine. He’s been shot a total of nine times and, last New Year’s Eve, was arrested for gun possession.

Tracks from the album have been available online since Tuesday for 99 cents apiece at Pressplay and Liquid Audio.

50’s indie album, Guess Who’s Back?, on Full Clip Records, debuted on the HITS’ Album chart at #49 this week, with 17k in sales.

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

bez

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 10:36:31 AM »
good on him.  Done it on his own from the start 2.