Author Topic: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)  (Read 6344 times)

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
Re: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 08:18:45 AM »
No tracklist? Would be dope to have these on this release.

"Every Single Day" (Original Version) (feat. Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg)

That one is extremely overrated but I agree, it would be cool if they featured that version on the CD. I ain't expected it to happen tho.

Admin @ drforum confirmed that it will be on the WA album

Efrain

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 08:24:34 AM »
No matter what it’s going to be garbage. Even if they do have the original version of Every Single Day it’s going to sound just as bad as the original version of “OG” on lost sessions did; unmixed, unmastered, and no post production to bring the track up to par. The version on Lost Sessions compared to Retaliation Revenge and Get Back is NIGHT AND DAY. We’ll never see that level of quality from these people.

Think about the version of Every Single Day on Dogg Pound 2002, Death Row brought people in to put the finishing touches on that track to make it retail release worthy: that chick singing the hook, the guitar riff, that background dude doing vocals, the track was mixed (vocals were a little too low), Brian Gardner mastered the album—that’s what needs to be done for every song. They need project coordinators bringing in musicians and producers and mixing engineers to bring these tracks up to par.

Wide Asleep’s idea of post production is that fat hack John Payne throwing an old DAT tape in the oven of his dirty ass house, baking it for 5 minutes, then sending Robert Thompson-So an invoice for $20k and calling it a day. 

It’s so infuriating I can’t even stand it. 

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 08:29:09 AM »
cant wait to see the tracklist!

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
Will errupted and drowned this thread wit his semen.
yuck

Wide Asleep’s idea of post production is that fat hack John Payne throwing an old DAT tape in the oven of his dirty ass house, baking it for 5 minutes, then sending Robert Thompson-So an invoice for $20k and calling it a day.  

its not really that important
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 08:50:25 AM by OG Mike Madsen (your mother's boytoy) »

Efrain

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »

its not really that important

What isn't that important? Properly preparing an album for release? I don't understand your comment. 

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 08:52:28 AM »
it shouldnt "infuriate" you. its just old music from the 90's.
be glad that u can get a chance to hear it  :)

Efrain

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
be glad that u can get a chance to hear it  :)

We've already "heard it".. on bootlegs.

Now the owners are releasing the music and charging for it... expecting us to pay for it.

but the releases sound like shit. If someone expects me to buy something that sounds like shit for the price of a similar CD that doesn't, it's insulting.

You can mock me if you want, but when people care and are outspoken and passionate about things other people tend to notice. It's the people who don't really care and take what they can get from WIDEAsleep that keep these bullshit releases coming.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 09:12:51 AM by Efrain »

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
its sad how bad they have destroyed their reputation by ignoring the fans and releasing shitty quality release after shitty quality release...especially after all the hype and promises they made...who buys a company with a specific fan base and then completely ignores that fan base in this social media era we live in?   when you have the fans telling you specifically what they want on any fan board on the net? they are almost as bad running this company as Suge....

Say what you say about Suge, but he cared about the quality of Death Row releases. That's why you got so much unreleased stuff in the vault... Suge did a lot of things wrong, but you can't put that on him - he would NEVER release some shitty albums WideAwake have put out, like that Kurupt CD which was a complete JOKE etc.

& Suge knew what the fans wanted. Vredit gots to be given where credit is due. & he did recognize talent when he saw it. If only he had put out the albums of Crooked I & Eastwood after Kurupt's, (& possibly YA's too) he could have added a few more solid bricks to the Death Row edifice...

Anyway, it's always nice to get some vintage DPG if you ask me. Hopefully it just isn't some lousy put together compilation between "Dogg Food" & "2002" 'which was a great album by the way) with only 1 or 2 added tracks!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 09:24:33 AM by Cordozzar Drakko »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 09:22:30 AM »
About time, no doubt it won't reach peoples expectations

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »

Now the owners are releasing the music and charging for it... expecting us to pay for it.

but the releases sound like shit. If someone expects me to buy something that sounds like shit for the price of a similar CD that doesn't, it's insulting.

You can mock me if you want, but when people care and are outspoken and passionate about things other people tend to notice. It's the people who don't really care and take what they can get from WIDEAsleep that keep these bullshit releases coming.

i dont really care if i dont get it in highsurround/LucasArts 6799kbs format. some of you are whining and complainin like stuck-up 13 year old school girls, judging teenage-boys based on physical characteristics.

the only thing i dont like, is that they tend to recycle music that we've already heard through leaks (which shows that they dont really know what they are doin at all times), but at least we get new bits n pieces here & there, and i can aprecaite that (as should you).. just my opinion

Portugoal

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
No matter what it’s going to be garbage. Even if they do have the original version of Every Single Day it’s going to sound just as bad as the original version of “OG” on lost sessions did; unmixed, unmastered, and no post production to bring the track up to par. The version on Lost Sessions compared to Retaliation Revenge and Get Back is NIGHT AND DAY. We’ll never see that level of quality from these people.

Think about the version of Every Single Day on Dogg Pound 2002, Death Row brought people in to put the finishing touches on that track to make it retail release worthy: that chick singing the hook, the guitar riff, that background dude doing vocals, the track was mixed (vocals were a little too low), Brian Gardner mastered the album—that’s what needs to be done for every song. They need project coordinators bringing in musicians and producers and mixing engineers to bring these tracks up to par.

Calm down. You only have one heart.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 10:38:19 AM »

i dont really care if i dont get it in highsurround/LucasArts 6799kbs format. some of you are whining and complainin like stuck-up 13 year old school girls, judging teenage-boys based on physical characteristics.

the only thing i dont like, is that they tend to recycle music that we've already heard through leaks (which shows that they dont really know what they are doin at all times), but at least we get new bits n pieces here & there, and i can aprecaite that (as should you).. just my opinion

you are right and i appreciate that we get the chance to hear some stuff out the vault. The main problem is that they could do it better easily but they fail from release to release. I have bought every release and i will continue to do but it ain't easy when you see see that a misleaded company did not listen to the handful of supports left.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »
Thing also is, the more time goes by, the less never-heard before gems & diamonds there are left to discover.

tha kid2012

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »

"Every Single Day" (Original Version) (feat. Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg)

That one is extremely overrated but I agree, it would be cool if they featured that version on the CD. I ain't expected it to happen tho.

Admin @ drforum confirmed that it will be on the WA album

if you asked him about that song can you also ask if "i dont bang no more" from kurupt will be on there? that song also needs to be released. those two songs alone is worth the price to me

Okka

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 11:49:35 AM »
"Just Doggin" (feat. Nate Dogg)
"Me In Your World"
"Niggaz Don't Give A Fuck" (feat. Snoop Dogg & The Lady Of Rage)
"Nuthin' But The Cavi Hit" (feat. Mack 10)
"Nuthin' But The Cavi Hit" (Soopafly Remix) (feat. Mack 10)

i'd rather hear previously unreleased material rather than these songs that have all been released (except the original version of every single day)

Sure, me too. Does WideAwake have an album worth of Dogg Pound material though? Does anybody have the documents that leaked back when Death Row was sold?