Author Topic: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)  (Read 6349 times)

scratch42069

• 'G'
Re: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »
No tracklist? Would be dope to have these on this release.
"Just Doggin" (feat. Nate Dogg)
"Me In Your World"
"Niggaz Don't Give A Fuck" (feat. Snoop Dogg & The Lady Of Rage)
"Nuthin' But The Cavi Hit" (feat. Mack 10)
"Nuthin' But The Cavi Hit" (Soopafly Remix) (feat. Mack 10)

i'd rather hear previously unreleased material rather than these songs that have all been released (except the original version of every single day)

Sure, me too. Does WideAwake have an album worth of Dogg Pound material though? Does anybody have the documents that leaked back when Death Row was sold?

They have enough material for 2 albums. Tha Dogg Pound is up there with Snoop and Pac as far as leftovers.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
okka instead of cavi hit with mack 10, how about the cavi hit remix over the og beat with ice cube on it too?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2012, 02:26:45 PM »
need another unreleased snoop.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
Will errupted and drowned this thread wit his semen.

Why u gotta talk like that in the music section? :eh:

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »

2pac or snoop  8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2012, 03:28:35 PM »

2pac or snoop  8)
word  8)

WIDEawake Death Row gonna release another Snoop Doggy Dogg "Greatest Hits" compilation with classics and unreleased bonus tracks (2012)
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

acgrundy

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »
Why would you put classics on there? All the classic snoop songs have been released on dozens of albums. Nobody is going to buy the cd for a classic snoop song. Just put the released stuff out for christ sake.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

2pac or snoop  8)
word  8)

WIDEawake Death Row gonna release another Snoop Doggy Dogg "Greatest Hits" compilation with classics and unreleased bonus tracks (2012)

damn, i'd want a Lost Sessions vol 2 for Snoop instead

HardWorker

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »
It will be shite

sofdark

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2012, 05:29:21 PM »
Danny boy album had a track that skipped haha, thats the type of shit that WA sells.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »
okka instead of cavi hit with mack 10, how about the cavi hit remix over the og beat with ice cube on it too?

i think that was just a remix, the ice cube-version

Jimmy H.

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2012, 07:17:30 PM »
Doesn't Priority own the rights to "Nuthin But The Cavi Hit"?

doggfather

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2012, 11:45:12 PM »
Doesn't Priority own the rights to "Nuthin But The Cavi Hit"?

i think so.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jimmy H.

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2012, 12:05:38 AM »
No matter what it’s going to be garbage. Even if they do have the original version of Every Single Day it’s going to sound just as bad as the original version of “OG” on lost sessions did; unmixed, unmastered, and no post production to bring the track up to par. The version on Lost Sessions compared to Retaliation Revenge and Get Back is NIGHT AND DAY. We’ll never see that level of quality from these people.

Think about the version of Every Single Day on Dogg Pound 2002, Death Row brought people in to put the finishing touches on that track to make it retail release worthy: that chick singing the hook, the guitar riff, that background dude doing vocals, the track was mixed (vocals were a little too low), Brian Gardner mastered the album—that’s what needs to be done for every song. They need project coordinators bringing in musicians and producers and mixing engineers to bring these tracks up to par.

Wide Asleep’s idea of post production is that fat hack John Payne throwing an old DAT tape in the oven of his dirty ass house, baking it for 5 minutes, then sending Robert Thompson-So an invoice for $20k and calling it a day. 

It’s so infuriating I can’t even stand it. 

I feel you on this one. I don't know how people can be happy getting these unreleased Dre and Quik production with sound quality that's just a mess. It's one thing if you're getting a bootleg from the corner guy but if you have the official rights to the music where you can sell it in stores, put a few dollars behind it so it sounds right come out of people's speakers.