Author Topic: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)  (Read 6364 times)

Okka

Re: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2012, 02:11:27 PM »
Would be awesome if they included the Dr. Dre remix of "Tha Dogg Pound Gangstaz" on this, but i really doubt it.

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »
Efrain, can u hook me up with that Doggystyle & Next Episode from that tape u talking about?

bouli77

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2012, 03:05:58 PM »
I like the sound of the confirmed tracks, I'm just skeptical on the quality front.

"Doggystyle" was 2nd to Next Episode OG on the "Holy-Grail-Unreleased-Death-Row-Songs" front, and yet that horrid, deplorable mix on Lost Sessions CD makes the song virtually un-listenable. In fact, I don't think I've even listened to it more than 5 times. The tape version from that recent Death Row bootleg promo sounds better.

damn man we must have very different standards because i didn't see the problem really with Doggystyle. sure it's no cdq but it was better than the version that was floating around the internet and the quality never bothered me. never bumped it in big speakerrs though that may be why.

Efrain

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
http://www.zshare.ma/id7i44osdoiv

"Doggystyle" - Dre Rough mix from recently leaked Death Row bootleg tape.

To me this, even in a rough-mix state, and in degraded tape quality no less, sounds more cohesive (mix-wise) than the one on lost sessions. (and why shouldn't it, its mixed by dre after all)

Listen to the drums, the synths, the guitar.. notice how the vocals aren't panned across the track 180 degrees ridiculously? -- that's how the mixing should have sounded.
Wideasleep had some no-name bozo mix the song on Lost Sessions (aka John Payne alias I'm sure), and it was horrid.

bouli77

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2012, 03:54:15 PM »
thanks, that's the version i used to have back in the day (in like 06). now that u broke it down, i notice it but otherwise i wouldn't have paid much attention, that's how shitty my ears are haha (i guess tinnitus doesn't help on top of that).

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »
yeah they really fucked that song up in the mix....

also notice how rough dannyboys project sounds then go back and listen to the dr boxed set that just came out and listen to the songs specifically the dj quik produced so in love.

someone tried to mix that one right and over did it.

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »

To me this, even in a rough-mix state, and in degraded tape quality no less, sounds more cohesive (mix-wise) than the one on lost sessions. (and why shouldn't it, its mixed by dre after all)

Listen to the drums, the synths, the guitar.. notice how the vocals aren't panned across the track 180 degrees ridiculously? -- that's how the mixing should have sounded.
Wideasleep had some no-name bozo mix the song on Lost Sessions (aka John Payne alias I'm sure), and it was horrid.

i know what u saying, i bumped the bootleg version more than the cd version! LOL

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
A lot of their mistakes r basic tho.  I guess they're leaving it up to us to re-engineer and mix them.  They should just break down all of the tracks track by track like they did with "nothing but a G thang" (with everything) and let me handle that.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
I remember a few years back everybody on here except me was in a state of euphoria upon learning WideAwake's plans for the label, now countless questionable and bad quality releases later it has become very clear these people do not have the slightest clue what they are holding and what to do with it.

We were better off with the bootleggers providing us with the occasional gems from the vault every now and then.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2012, 05:08:04 PM »

can u post a link on another site?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »
A lot of their mistakes r basic tho.  I guess they're leaving it up to us to re-engineer and mix them.  They should just break down all of the tracks track by track like they did with "nothing but a G thang" (with everything) and let me handle that.

that is a fucking dope ass idea man, you might be on to something....what if they re released classic albums in a digital format that let you mix the tracks yourself to your liking?

imagine buying thriller and making it your own creation or doing that shjit with classic stivie wonder or pink floyd albums and shit.

it would be ill for rap music too to take one of dre dres albums and reconstrusct it to your liking.

im gonna patent this shit.

#putsoutweed

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »

that is a fucking dope ass idea man, you might be on to something....what if they re released classic albums in a digital format that let you mix the tracks yourself to your liking?

imagine buying thriller and making it your own creation or doing that shjit with classic stivie wonder or pink floyd albums and shit.

it would be ill for rap music too to take one of dre dres albums and reconstrusct it to your liking.

im gonna patent this shit.

#putsoutweed

i just want a remaster of 2pacalypse Now

acgrundy

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »

What else is on that bootleg?

I totally agree about doggystyle...man I loved the tape rip from back in the day, even in the shitty quality. I was really looking forward to the version on lost sessions, and it is just such a disappointment. It just feels like it is missing a key component that makes the song so great.

Efrain

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
This tape rip is from 2010-- not back in the day.

It leaked on a tape put on the TROY Blog:

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2010/08/26/death-row-%E2%80%9Cdemos-rough-mixes%E2%80%9D/

This rip is MUCH better than the old school one. This one is listenable (full disclosure: I polished it up a bit). It leaked along with the alternate version of "Niggaz Don't Give a Fuck" (which I tweaked a bit too)
http://uploading.com/files/e3m6e6e9/Untitled1-64.mp3/
(and here's an alt link for the "Doggystyle" above)
http://uploading.com/files/d55m523b/Untitled1-63.mp3/

The Death Row tap was demos and rough mixes. Tracklist is as follows:
01 Dr. Dre-Puffin On Blunts
02 Snoop Dogg-Whats My Name (Version 1)
03 Snoop Dogg-Gin and Juice
04 Snoop Dogg-Doggystyle
05 Snoop Dogg-Moms Are Crying
06 Snoop Dogg-What's My Name (Version2)
07 Dr. Dre-G Thang Jam (Sexual Harassment)
08 Tha Dogg Pound-Niggaz Dont Give A Fuck (Version 1)
09 Tha Dogg Pound-Niggaz Dont Give A Fuck (Version 2)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:02:52 PM by Efrain »

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2012, 08:07:47 PM »
This tape rip is from 2010-- not back in the day.

It leaked on a tape put on the TROY Blog:

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2010/08/26/death-row-%E2%80%9Cdemos-rough-mixes%E2%80%9D/

This rip is MUCH better than the old school one. This one is listenable (full disclosure: I polished it up a bit). It leaked along with the alternate version of "Niggaz Don't Give a Fuck" (which I tweaked a bit too)
http://uploading.com/files/e3m6e6e9/Untitled1-64.mp3/
(and here's an alt link for the "Doggystyle" above)
http://uploading.com/files/d55m523b/Untitled1-63.mp3/

The Death Row tap was demos and rough mixes. Tracklist is as follows:
01 Dr. Dre-Puffin On Blunts
02 Snoop Dogg-Whats My Name (Version 1)
03 Snoop Dogg-Gin and Juice
04 Snoop Dogg-Doggystyle
05 Snoop Dogg-Moms Are Crying
06 Snoop Dogg-What's My Name (Version2)
07 Dr. Dre-G Thang Jam (Sexual Harassment)
08 Tha Dogg Pound-Niggaz Dont Give A Fuck (Version 1)
09 Tha Dogg Pound-Niggaz Dont Give A Fuck (Version 2)

Sexual Harassment is a cool track because it's mostly Jewell over the Nuthin' But A G Thang beat.