Author Topic: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)  (Read 6347 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
No matter what it’s going to be garbage. Even if they do have the original version of Every Single Day it’s going to sound just as bad as the original version of “OG” on lost sessions did; unmixed, unmastered, and no post production to bring the track up to par. The version on Lost Sessions compared to Retaliation Revenge and Get Back is NIGHT AND DAY. We’ll never see that level of quality from these people.

Think about the version of Every Single Day on Dogg Pound 2002, Death Row brought people in to put the finishing touches on that track to make it retail release worthy: that chick singing the hook, the guitar riff, that background dude doing vocals, the track was mixed (vocals were a little too low), Brian Gardner mastered the album—that’s what needs to be done for every song. They need project coordinators bringing in musicians and producers and mixing engineers to bring these tracks up to par.

Wide Asleep’s idea of post production is that fat hack John Payne throwing an old DAT tape in the oven of his dirty ass house, baking it for 5 minutes, then sending Robert Thompson-So an invoice for $20k and calling it a day. 

It’s so infuriating I can’t even stand it. 

Calm down. You only have one heart.

Seriously. If throwaway tracks from Death Row not getting released in picture perfect quality makes you angry you've got some issues in your life. If Suge was still in charge these songs wouldn't be coming out period. So realize its a good thing and get glad, not mad.

acgrundy

« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »
This tape rip is from 2010-- not back in the day.

It leaked on a tape put on the TROY Blog:

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2010/08/26/death-row-%E2%80%9Cdemos-rough-mixes%E2%80%9D/

This rip is MUCH better than the old school one. This one is listenable (full disclosure: I polished it up a bit). It leaked along with the alternate version of "Niggaz Don't Give a Fuck" (which I tweaked a bit too)
http://uploading.com/files/e3m6e6e9/Untitled1-64.mp3/
(and here's an alt link for the "Doggystyle" above)
http://uploading.com/files/d55m523b/Untitled1-63.mp3/

The Death Row tap was demos and rough mixes. Tracklist is as follows:
01 Dr. Dre-Puffin On Blunts
02 Snoop Dogg-Whats My Name (Version 1)
03 Snoop Dogg-Gin and Juice
04 Snoop Dogg-Doggystyle
05 Snoop Dogg-Moms Are Crying
06 Snoop Dogg-What's My Name (Version2)
07 Dr. Dre-G Thang Jam (Sexual Harassment)
08 Tha Dogg Pound-Niggaz Dont Give A Fuck (Version 1)
09 Tha Dogg Pound-Niggaz Dont Give A Fuck (Version 2)

Okay I remember this...Sexual Harassment is an AWESOME track, and Niggaz don't give a fuck is far better than the released version. Hopefully this one makes the WA release

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »
Sum body fucked with my shit.  I know damn well I didn't have a mega upload link up there.  I just redownloaded it a few months ago.  Wtf is up with that, who's pandering on some ho shit

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
Sum body fucked with my shit.  I know damn well I didn't have a mega upload link up there.  I just redownloaded it a few months ago.  Wtf is up with that, who's pandering on some ho shit

THOSE BITCH MADE NIGGAS

Funkstradamus

« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
its sad how bad they have destroyed their reputation by ignoring the fans and releasing shitty quality release after shitty quality release...especially after all the hype and promises they made...who buys a company with a specific fan base and then completely ignores that fan base in this social media era we live in?   when you have the fans telling you specifically what they want on any fan board on the net? they are almost as bad running this company as Suge....

Say what you say about Suge, but he cared about the quality of Death Row releases. That's why you got so much unreleased stuff in the vault... Suge did a lot of things wrong, but you can't put that on him - he would NEVER release some shitty albums WideAwake have put out, like that Kurupt CD which was a complete JOKE etc.
man fuck Suge Knight....he over-managed Death Row...he was a fuckin control freak. He made a ton of fucked up business mistakes and thats why he doesn't own the company any more.  He controlled everything and had no talent amd no clue how to run a record label... heres a short list of some of his biggest fuck ups IMO (and im sure there are more):

-didnt sign Warren G
-never released Dre / Rage album
-never released a Nate Dogg album
-stopped Dre from making Chronic II
-never released Dre / RBX album
-scrapped Dogg Shit
-never released a Sam Sneed album
-never released a Danny Boy album
-stopped his artists from working with other on artists not on Death Row
-didnt sign Soopafly, Domino or LBC Crew but signed other unknown groups (who the fuck is OFTB?)
-only releasing like one / two albums a year when everything Death Row touched was platinum
-killing a multi platinum studio enviornment trying to be the next Nino Brown...
-not kissing Dre's ass and doing whatever it took to keep him & Snooop at Death Row
-thinking he was bigger than Dre & Snoop when they made Death Row relevant...
-Killing 2Pac (lol)...

the reason there are so many leftovers and there is so much unreleased material is because Suge never relealized what the fuck he really had until it was gone...then he wanna go sign a fake Snoop & 2Pac (The Realist & Topp Dogg) and call it the new Death Row? ...i mean really how the fuck do you go belly up and bankrupt when you had Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Tha Dogg Pound, Jodeci, DJ Quik, Nate Dogg, DJ Pooh, Warren G etc all in the studio and all in their prime? sheer fucking stupidity...so again from the bottom of my heart...fuck Suge Knight...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:31:20 PM by BC Powda (not the real Battlecat) »

doggfather

« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2012, 11:14:42 PM »

-killing a double platinum studio enviornment trying to be the next Nino Brown...

;D ;D ;D ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2012, 11:55:18 PM »
man fuck Suge Knight....he over-managed Death Row...he was a fuckin control freak. He made a ton of fucked up business mistakes and thats why he doen't own the company any more.  He controled everything and had no talent amd no clue how to run a record label... heres a short list of some of his biggest fuck ups IMO (and im sure there are more:

You do realize that Death Row was NEVER as successful as it was when Suge wasn't around right? Compare 92-96 to the Keita Rock era. Then compare 01-04 to the Wideawake Era. People can hate on Suge all they want but the dude knew what he was doing.

-didnt sign Warren G
Having Regulate as a Death Row release would've looked good for the catalogue but he would've never got a release date. Plus Dre didn't work with him

-never released Dre / Rage album
Yeah that pesky All Eyez On Me album got in the way

-never released a Nate Dogg album
Actually it got released but got pulled for whatever reason

-stopped Dre from making Chronic II
Lmao really? Dre refused to work. Pac and a few others spoke on Dre's horrible work ethic in those days.

-never released Dre / RBX album
Yeah that pesky Doggystyle album got in thew ay

-scrapped Dogg Shit
Contract issues. Kurupt wasn't on Death Row anymore. Antra didn't want their biggest artist doing an album for another label

-stopped his artists from working with other on artists not on Death Row
I wouldn't say he stopped them. Those old labels (Ruthless, Death Row, No Limit, Cash Money) all did things in-house cuz they had so much talent

-didnt sign Soopafly, Domino or LBC Crew but signed other unknown groups (who the fuck is OFTB?)
Soopafly and LBC Crew were signed through Doggystyle/Death Row. You're mad at Snoop - not Suge. Agree on OFTB tho.

-only releasing like one / two albums a year when everything Death Row touched was platinum
So we're mad at Suge for choosing quality > quantity? You have to give the people time to miss you. Besides remember when Master P released an ablum once a month from his artist? Most of them sucked balls

-killing a multi platinum studio enviornment trying to be the next Nino Brown...
Sad but very true =(

-not kissing Dre's ass and doing whatever it took to keep him & Snooop at Death Row
I think he had the option of keeping Snoop but Snoop without Dre was very Pau Gasol-ish: depressed, unmotivated, and a shell of his old self. He was a fool for not doing whatever it took to keep Dre. He should've paid him, bought him whatever, whatever it took. But on the flipside, if Dre was truely refusing to work then he probably felt it was a lost investment and rolled the dice on Daz, Quik, Johnny J, Barney Ruble, Kurt Cobain, etc being able to keep the DR sound going

-thinking he was bigger than Dre & Snoop when they made Death Row relevant...
Also true. He wasn't all over the videos and songs like Puffy but he very much tried to make himself the face of the label and give himself a mafia boss type image which was unnecessary

-Killing 2Pac...
Stoppit. The whole Suge setup Pac shit was the WORST theory. NO ONE is risky enough to hire a shooter to shoot someone sitting in their passanger seat. Besides did you hear what that retired LAPD officer said recently? He said Suge was so upset about 2Pac's murder that he orchestrated the eventual murder of Biggie

the reason there are so many leftovers and there is so much unreleased material is because Suge never relealized what the fuck he really had and didn't know shit about running a record label...i mean really how the fuck do you go belly up and bankrupt when you got Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Tha Dogg Pound, Jodeci, DJ Quik, Nate Dogg, DJ Pooh, Warren G etc all in the studio and all in their prime? sheer fucking stupidity...so again from the bottom of my heart...fuck Suge Knight...

The reason there are so many leftovers is because they had like 30 artist signed at the same time. And although a lot of the unreleased material is dope, its not like those projects are fucking with the classics that were released. They're actually overhyped cuz they're overdesired. We hear about these songs from our favorite artist that we've never heard and we want them. Trust me those LBC Crew, 2nd II None, Nate Dogg, Lady of Rage, etc projects would've just watered down Death Row's epic run. Plus you have to give him credit for the albums he DIDN'T release: Top Dogg, Tha Realest, SKG, hell even that wackass SHTTBG album.

I do wish in the Keita Rock era they would've released more underground type projects. Like that first Relativez album "Dirty Money" should've been a Death Row album.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2012, 06:52:22 AM »
man fuck Suge Knight....he over-managed Death Row...he was a fuckin control freak. He made a ton of fucked up business mistakes and thats why he doen't own the company any more.  He controled everything and had no talent amd no clue how to run a record label... heres a short list of some of his biggest fuck ups IMO (and im sure there are more:

You do realize that Death Row was NEVER as successful as it was when Suge wasn't around right? Compare 92-96 to the Keita Rock era. Then compare 01-04 to the Wideawake Era. People can hate on Suge all they want but the dude knew what he was doing.

You mean to say Death Row wasn't as successful after Suge had ran it into the ground and chased away his star roster? Oh okay.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2012, 08:26:03 AM »
man fuck Suge Knight....he over-managed Death Row...he was a fuckin control freak. He made a ton of fucked up business mistakes and thats why he doen't own the company any more.  He controled everything and had no talent amd no clue how to run a record label... heres a short list of some of his biggest fuck ups IMO (and im sure there are more:

You mean to say Death Row wasn't as successful after Suge had ran it into the ground and chased away his star roster? Oh okay.

If Keita Rock was there, on Death Row Records, Big Hutch was the VP. Daz lead some Death Row projects after the succeful years of Death Row. But when he left Suge Kinght and didn't make any contract for a distribution deal between Death Row Records & Dogg Pound Records, a lot of guyz lead the label's projects  (Reggie Devell Moore, or then KeitaRock Gotti...) but in 2000 Cold 187Um was here (he began to produce Crooked I) & start "Until The End Of Time" as Death Row Records Vice President. So there wasn't a Keita Rock era even if he was there and discover S(uge) K(night)G(irl) with Reg ;)

About Suge Knight, he managed Death Row Records releases very well (but not alone, for exmple, Pappa G). During the first years of Death Row Records, nobody don't give a shhh about Jewell, Danny Boy, O.F.T.B... even if they recorded some quality material over good productions. Dr Dre, then Snoop Doggy Dogg, then Tha Dogg Pound, then 2Pac. Some artists didn't success to release any albums, and it was perfect. Now, some die-hard-fans want to listen thangs like Bloody Mary and more shhh...

WIDEawake only manage a catalog.
I only hope "Doggy Bag" to be as perfect as The L.B.C. Crew album (although it was a complete project in 1995).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:12:26 PM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2012, 09:41:55 AM »

If Keita Rock was there, on Death Row Records, Big Hutch was the VP. Daz lead some Death Row projects after the succeful years of Death Row. But when he left Suge Kinght & don't make any contract for a distribution deal between Death Row Records & Dogg Pound Records, a lot of guyz lead the label's projects  (Reggie Devell Moore, or then KeitaRock Gotti...) but in 2000 Cold 187Um was here (he began to produce Crooked I) & start "Until The End Of Time" as Death Row Records Vice President. So there wasn't a Keita Rock era even if he was there and discover S(uge) K(night)G(irl) with Reg ;)

About Suge Knight, he manage Death Row Records releases very well (but not alone, for exmple, Pappa G). During the first years of Death Row Records, nobody don't give a shhh about Jewell, Danny Boy, O.F.T.B... even if they recorded some quality material over good productions. Dr Dre, then Snoop Doggy Dogg, then Tha Dogg Pound, then 2Pac. Some artists didn't success any albums and it was perfect. Now, some die-hard-fans want to listen thangs like Bloody Mary and more shhh...

WIDEawake only manage a catalog.
I only hope "Doggy Bag" to be as perfect as The L.B.C. Crew album (although it was a complete project in 1995).

What are you talking about? Keita Rock was the VP of the label before Kurupt signed back and was the one that headed the Too Gangsta For Radio album.

Portugoal

« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »

the reason there are so many leftovers and there is so much unreleased material is because Suge never relealized what the fuck he really had until it was gone

Any label that is or used to be a big deal has tons of material locked in their vaults. Death Row is no exception. Do you really believe No Limit, Bad Boy and Cash Money release most of their recorded material?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »

yeah he made the label go bankrupt.

This tape rip is from 2010-- not back in the day.

It leaked on a tape put on the TROY Blog:

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2010/08/26/death-row-%E2%80%9Cdemos-rough-mixes%E2%80%9D/

This rip is MUCH better than the old school one. This one is listenable (full disclosure: I polished it up a bit). It leaked along with the alternate version of "Niggaz Don't Give a Fuck" (which I tweaked a bit too)
http://uploading.com/files/e3m6e6e9/Untitled1-64.mp3/
(and here's an alt link for the "Doggystyle" above)
http://uploading.com/files/d55m523b/Untitled1-63.mp3/
thanks a lot for Niggaz dont give a fuck! the vocals sound much clearer :)
by the way, i've asked this a billion times before, but somehow you haven't responded yet. could you finally upload your tweaked version of the Out the moon remix (LBC Crew)?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »
tweaked?  like Lights tweaked?

doggfather

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »

yes, but better quality.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

V2DHeart

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »

yeah he made the label go bankrupt.

Suge didn't make the label go bankrupt. The death of 2Pac (which was his own fault), the lack of Dr Dre (down to daz) were strong factors.. Not to mention the original funding of the label that was under investigation, the lawsuits from the Harris's, and the political pressure that made Interscope back out, and others stay clear were also primary factors that made the label go down the tubes.
Suge is just the figure head, and blame guy. Was he wrong for trying to get celebrity status as a "gangster" figure. Sure, but that was no reason the label went down... If anything, his actions and attitude were the only thing that allowed Death Row to launch, and flourish as long as it did.... He fought for Death Row to own it's own masters, for artists - BLACK rappers to get the best legal assistance (something unheard of previously) and had the funds to put out huge albums, lots of big videos for that time (Natural Born Killaz) and basically put his finger up when Political figures tried to weigh in.

I think today - The current Suge looks bitter and sad, and a huge part of that is because he never really sold out, and watched others IE: Snoop on No limit, and doing his colgate ad's and pimp fancy dress, and Dre doing no cuss then "gangsta" re-hash, and making a lot of money because of it, while he continued to try and put out real raw material IE; Too Gangsta 4 TV celebrity beat downs, OFTB, hard rap and so on and have no one want to put it out, yet put a ton of money behind a watered down Dre or Snoop, and even 2Pac (Ghetto Gospel)

Suge is the blame guy for a lot on here, but people need to remember that whilst everyone jumped ship and bailed - Including all the advisors, lawyers, accountants as well as the rappers and producers, he still stayed, still scouted for talent, still got some out of shytty deals, and even helped those on other labels negotiate better deals for themselves for no slef-profit... & lets not forget others who still went to him when they didn't need to - Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez, Ja Rule, Petey Pablo, and people like Kurupt and Danny Boy who returned. Why would they all go to him if he was so bad? People can't see that the label was blackballed for all the wrong reasons
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>