Author Topic: Streaming Summer Jam right now (link included)  (Read 144 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Streaming Summer Jam right now (link included)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
I tuned in when Big (Little) Sean was on so unfortunately I missed a lot.  That boy got stamina like a muthafucka.  When he was talking about "what song was gonna get 60,000 people outta they seat" it was clear that "Burn" was the record.  "Mercy" with Pusha and 2Chainz was the second best choice if he was going down that route for sure.  He probably didn't wanna spoil Meek's performance (which should've been a little longer IMO).  

Nas and Lauryn Hill looked like the old folks in the crowd but at first they ate Nas up, and then it regressed a little.  And then Lauryn came on.  Honey's flow is still sick.  It kinda died down but how could u not like Nas and Lauryn Hill...

I think it's safe to say that tonight showed how outta touch with the crowd Funk Flex is. I know Up North has a slightly different taste in Hip Hop but that was probably the worst set I've ever seen a professional DJ do, ever.  I mean there was so much talking and so little responding (by the audience), you could just tell he wasn't in the groove.  His voice was hoarse too.  I put my palm over my face a few times.

French Montana didn't really have the crowd hype but I think New York was cool with it becuz he's from NY.  And speaking of NY, it looks like a Biggie record is the "go to" record for a DJ.  The DJ after Flex was a little better but they both still sucked.  It's like they couldn't feel the energy from the crowd, they definitely weren't vining like they shouldve.  If I was there I coulda got a better grip of it (maybe) but I couldn't see it, they were just awful.  Wale, Meek, and Ross livened everybody up.

And I wanna take this time out to say that I already told y'all MMG got the game on lock.  "Rich Forever" is still probably album of the year so far (minus 2 or 3 tracks and that London skit and add the original version of "Bag of Money" to it).  Meek Mill has mind control and it's a good thing, I see a bright future for that young man.  I think Wale set the tone for alot of new rappers coming in the game and he's still one of the most exciting Master of Ceremonies out there and people are anticipating more music from this guy.  Whatever Ross does he shouldn't get rid of his 2 premier MC's and for now French Montana (even tho he's signed to Bad Boy).  Lmao at him dissin Jeezy and Jeezy was there smh.  Too bad the server went out around that part.  But I saw that it was DJ Khaled so I'm straight.

Overall I missed most of it but I caught the pocket.  
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:04:48 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:47:33 AM »
What happened with Jeezy and Ross? Did Pusha do anything? Seems like it was a pretty average Summer Jam by some of the shit I read. Shout out to Peter Rosenberg though, shit was hilarious. Dunno why Nicki got so heated, Starships aint hip hop in the slightest.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:06:16 AM »
I missed Jeezers performance so I don't know but I don't think anything happened. 

Only Tyga was there I think so ain't nothin happen.  Lol @ a fist-fight between Tyga and Pusha T

Didn't seem like anything spectacular happened except the YM drama 

And Nicki's wifey so watch dat