Author Topic: Doggy Bag snippets RETAIL online WIDEawake, RUINED EVERY SINGLE DAY  (Read 2620 times)

sweetdudejim

Re: Doggy Bag snippets RETAIL online WIDEawake, RUINED EVERY SINGLE DAY
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 10:19:04 PM »
^^youre really gay

That was a good one! Cool dude!

Will_B

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2012, 11:08:59 PM »
damn this shit sounds fucking dope!!!  I will definitely buy this album.  Props to WideAwake for getting this real Dogg Pound shit out

okay that was an over-reaction.. I did the same thing when Snoop's Wide Awake shit came out. It just sounded like the shit I'd been waiting for since 96', did the same thing with the LBC Crew album... but by the end you can tell why it's leftover.  Still dope though, and i will probably buy it.

See, I know what you mean. But even though you can tell this is the leftovers from their golden years, it is still miles beyond the shit they've done since the early 2000s. So I don't feel bad for diggin' it. Even Snoop and Tha Dogg Pound's non-A-list material from the Death Row days is usually gold. And I feel lucky to hear whatever we can.

Ima get this disc but honestly the overssen producer must be sacked on the spot. Lots of good cuts is one thing but a concept is another point of quality.
This album has no concept. Only cobbled together songs from highly diverse sessions.

I agree about the lack of concept, but at the same time, what are they supposed to do? Do you really want them to work a concept into what's going on? I think it would be best if the hater-ass has-been's like Daz helped them sequence and pick some of the material. Then it would add a touch more of relevancy to it. However, if Daz is gonna be a jerk about it, that's his thing. I think inside, he is really upset that people that still even think about the DPG are looking more for his '90s outtakes rather than his new shit. But that's his fault. He's fallen off, and instead of growing up and expanding his horizons, he's still just acting like a 17 year old hood rat, that acts like smoking pot is "so hard dogg, like how tough I am son!" Sure Daz, I smoke a bit too, but I don't have set up an internet cam and blow smoke into it to prove I'm "cool".

Dre put the finishing touches to Dogg Food. You'd need him on board, not Daz if you wanna hear something like that.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 05:38:24 AM »
Dre put the finishing touches to Dogg Food. You'd need him on board, not Daz if you wanna hear something like that.

Dre's too busy not working on Detox to deal with this

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 06:41:09 AM »

Dre´s too busy laughing about kids buying expensive headphones from their pocket money.

Will_B

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »

Yeah I meant it as "its not going to happen" ;)

Rudki

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »
LIKE DIS sounds like true classic dogg food material

and the Lets play house remix is icing on the cake...

papa-smurf

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »
damn this is good.sound close 2 a classic.im a get it

kuruptDPG

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »
LIKE DIS sounds like true classic dogg food material

tel me about it...my fave cut from the album

i think roscoe took this and tweaked it for smooth sailin