Author Topic: American Standard of Living  (Read 1001 times)

Woodrow

Re:American Standard of Living
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2003, 11:46:31 AM »
like i said, id rather live in the US then anywhere, easily. But why is it, that u people act as if America is perfect. Yall act like this country doesnt do some fucked up shit to "its people". Jus because it hasnt done them to YOU personally, doesnt mean it hasnt done them to anyone. If youre so selfish..to think, that because u havent dealt with some of the bullshit firsthand....then it doesnt need to be fixed, then youre exactly the reason why theres so much "America Bashing" going on.

I'm going to assume you are talking to me...

First, you didn't respond to my first question. How am I "quick to judge other countries"?

Second, how do I act like America dosen't have any problems?

Third, Why is it that when I defend my country, I become "the reason there is so much "America Bashing" going on"???

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2003, 12:36:39 AM »
everybody in the world knows how FUCKED the american hospital-system is... its absolutley NOT free or charges or ear

Woodrow

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2003, 11:04:28 AM »
everybody in the world knows how FUCKED the american hospital-system is... its absolutley NOT free or charges or ear

Do you live here?
Have you been to an American Hospital?
Do you know how medicare works?

The Answer is no to all three. You have no basis for arguemnt.

Woodrow

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2003, 11:13:14 AM »
I'm really tired of all these Monday morning Quarterbacks...

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2003, 12:29:49 PM »

Do you live here?

so your point is: since i havent been there, i cant possibly know ??

if your answer is "yes" you're more stupid than i could imagine

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2003, 12:49:25 PM »
I aint too familiar with the American Health Care System, so I aint gonna speak on it, but i do have one lil greivance with mr. trauma

if you honestly believe the reason for the majority of anti americanism in the world is because people are jealous, then my friend, i find you incredibly ignorant and arrogant.
If that is what you were trying to say. The majority of hatred for america comes from its foreign policy.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2003, 12:57:40 PM »

Do you live here?

so your point is: since i havent been there, i cant possibly know ??

if your answer is "yes" you're more stupid than i could imagine

I find it amusing that you resort to personal insults when you can't back up your argument.

Prove it. Prove to me that the american hospital system is "FUCKED"

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2003, 01:12:16 PM »
if you ask me to find links for you as proof, i wont... you know that your hostital system is fucked, i know that your hhospital system is fucked... ive read about plenty of examples of people that havent gotten any care becaue the doctors couldnt determine if the person could pay for himself or not. WHY ARE YOU DENYING THE TRUTH??

it just makes you look like a silly kid... when you cant even admit that with no insurance you ge no help.... tell me.. if you can get help without the insurance, what is the insurance made for? ::)

Woodrow

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2003, 01:29:32 PM »
if you ask me to find links for you as proof, i wont... you know that your hostital system is fucked, i know that your hhospital system is fucked... ive read about plenty of examples of people that havent gotten any care becaue the doctors couldnt determine if the person could pay for himself or not. WHY ARE YOU DENYING THE TRUTH??

it just makes you look like a silly kid... when you cant even admit that with no insurance you ge no help.... tell me.. if you can get help without the insurance, what is the insurance made for? ::)

LOL...

You wont? Or you can't...
My hospital system works fine for me everybody I know. You say you've read about plenty of examples, Which you haven't shown, How am I supposed to belive you? I can't. I've read an example IN THIS THREAD that showed charges and care were provided for free to a person. You haven't shown shit. "WHY ARE YOU DENYING THE TRUTH????" Did you even read what Trauma wrote, or are you just blind to anything that proves you wrong.

And quit it with the insults. I debate facts, if you are going to argue with me, stop trying to make it a personal issue. THATS childish.

The insurance is there for people who can afford it. For people who cannot or choose not to have it, there is medicare.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2003, 01:43:33 PM »

LOL...

My hospital system works fine for me everybody I know. You say you've read about plenty of examples, Which you haven't shown, How am I supposed to belive you? I can't. I've read an example IN THIS THREAD that showed charges and care were provided for free to a person. You haven't shown shit. "WHY ARE YOU DENYING THE TRUTH????" Did you even read what Trauma wrote, or are you just blind to anything that proves you wrong.

And quit it with the insults. I debate facts, if you are going to argue with me, stop trying to make it a personal issue. THATS childish.

The insurance is there for people who can afford it. For people who cannot or choose not to have it, there is medicare.

ooh.. so i guess all theese newspapers ive been reading have been misstaking...

if you want proof, give me your home adress and ill send you some newspapers.... and make sure you got a swedish translator ::)

Woodrow

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2003, 02:10:30 PM »

LOL...

if you want proof, give me your home adress and ill send you some newspapers.... and make sure you got a swedish translator ::)

Misstaking? Why don't you get one of these newspapers, and instead of sending it to me, type up the first paragraph.

If I were you I would be worrying why 60% of the money I earn goes to people I've never even met, rather than trying to bring down another country's medical system that works just fine for millions.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2003, 02:28:05 PM »

LOL...

Misstaking? Why don't you get one of these newspapers, and instead of sending it to me, type up the first paragraph.

If I were you I would be worrying why 60% of the money I earn goes to people I've never even met, rather than trying to bring down another country's medical system that works just fine for millions.

if i would type down the fact ive gotten from my newspaper, would you belive me?.. hm....

btw... its 30%... for 33% i get

1. free school (free private schools also)
1.1 free food at school
1.2 free books, and other important equipments

2. almost free hospital
2.1 around a $20 fee for surgeries
2.2 no charge for heart-transplantation, etc etc

3. a full social net
3.1 money provided in cash, not coupons...

etc etc....

sweden got 33% in taxes
usa got 24% in taxes....

what do i get in usa??... NOTHING....

i found John Q really interesting...... if i remember correct, that movie is based on a true story

Woodrow

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2003, 02:50:22 PM »

LOL...

if i would type down the fact ive gotten from my newspaper, would you belive me?.. hm....

btw... its 30%... for 33% i get

1. free school (free private schools also)
1.1 free food at school
1.2 free books, and other important equipments

2. almost free hospital
2.1 around a $20 fee for surgeries
2.2 no charge for heart-transplantation, etc etc

3. a full social net
3.1 money provided in cash, not coupons...

etc etc....

sweden got 33% in taxes
usa got 24% in taxes....

what do i get in usa??... NOTHING....

i found John Q really interesting...... if i remember correct, that movie is based on a true story

"taxed-to-the-eyeballs welfare state where the government grabs more than 52% of the country's GDP—the highest percentage of any industrial country. A Swedish businessman who earns Euro200,000 a year gets to keep just [/b]49%[/b]of his paycheck. Of OECD countries, only France comes close to Sweden in taxing its most successful businesspeople (for complete tax data on 33 countries, see "The tax grab 2001," Forbes Global, Feb. 5)."

http://www.forbes.com/global/2001/0319/034.html

You know your argument is getting weak when you use a movie as evidence.

In other news, I heard that a man created a baseball filed in Iowa, and all these ghosts started showing up to play baseball with him. I heard it was based on a true story.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2003, 03:16:13 PM »
LMAO.. nice one... nice one...

forbes is a pretty reliable source... indeed

actually, it should be 58%....

but lets be realistic... how many people earns $16'500/month? ($200'000/year,  €1 = $1)

a normal good salary lays at 2500 bucks/ month.... in sweden the tax for that will be 33%...

my information is taken from "Riksskatteverket" which is swedens "IRS"

http://www.rsv.se/pdf/skattetabell_2v_28.pdf

sweden dont have alotta "billionaires" cuz of the taxes... but we have not many "POOR" people and beggers either.. because of the taxes...

nice try though

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2003, 04:35:49 PM »

It s funny how eeryone that actually lives in America has called Irish Thugs' s post complete bullshit. This thread is nothing more than sheer jealously of America.....mostly because they are jealous that we have th best hospitals in the world.