..on this cover?

Super gay
10 (30.3%)
Not gay, just feminine, i like it though
7 (21.2%)
Whatever. only care about the music
16 (48.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Does DJ Quik look gay...  (Read 3748 times)

Funkstradamus

Re: Does DJ Quik look gay...
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 04:40:11 AM »
this just that pimped out look...Quik just updated it a little bit with the open silk shirt...but thats standard pimp shit...the butterwhip perm with fly fingernails...dipped and flipped.  never once thought this looked gay..Quik has always given me a Max Julien vibe

its funny how people always call Quik gay for this look but never say anything about Snoop Dogg, Katt Williams or Suga Free...must be the baby face, no facial hair...

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 04:48:58 AM »
na, he tried to rock it playa, but he failed, n looked gay instead

makaveliapostle

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 07:47:52 AM »
na, he tried to rock it playa, but he failed, n looked gay instead

man, i usually love your posts but i gotta vehemently disagree with this one.  quik is straight up fly on that cover.  period.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 07:53:06 AM »
I can't help but wonder if all these rappers who insist on their heterosexuality, being players and being pimps so much, yet donning this sort of look aren't in a sense. Honestly, Suga Free and Katt Williams in particular look as if they're overcompensating...and over-over-over-overcompensating in Suga Free's case. If they're truly heterosexuals, they're camp straight at the very least.

This is something pervasive about hip hop culture in general, actually. Despite being a generally homophobic genre with an emphasis on manliness, there's a disproportionate interest in clothes, jewelry, looks and brotherly love that's...rather suspect. It certainly is a hypocritic atmosphere. One could begin to wonder where hiphop's misogyny comes from. Face it, in terms of generally promoted values hiphop is a caveman's genre.

Not that I'm saying that these guys or others are definately gay, even though they might be, but I'm saying that hiphop is 'gayer' than its artists and fans are willing to admit and has some unresolved issues with homosexuality.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArmouredClosetGay
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CampStraight
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.soundcloud.com/ludwigschuler
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:16 AM »
Haha Mike where is this new hate for DJ Quik coming from? Second thread now! Read the first half in the other thread, you got some points.. but still, i know you gotta ear for good musicians.. Quik & Terrace are IMO the only ones who makes REAL music, with structure and real instruments and variation..

MURDERGHOST

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »
I like i t...

papa-smurf

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
dj quik don't loo no where close 2 gay.he just fly.if he looked gay he wouldn't have so many bitchies jocking him.only abum with no style or a hater a say he look gay

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 10:27:55 PM »
I thought he looked a little gay in the "Nobody" video with Sugafree, but at the same time he had all kinds of chicks on his steeze haha. One of my personal all time favorites

http://yazmar.com/wp-content/uploads/dj-quik-nobody8.jpg

caffeinefiend

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 01:04:45 AM »
Nah. He could have buttoned up his shirt though, not because it looks gay but because it looks foolish. The cover doesn't really have any kind of sexual vibe imo. That would make it gay.

But his music on the other hand... Dude singing in a squeaky mouse voice about "never eating that coochie".  ;D

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 01:21:11 AM »
do you guys realize this cover was intended to look like 80s soul album cover? Most of these guys looked gay on the covers in the 80s. So yes... Quik looks gay on this one too.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 07:08:46 AM »

"Now, I never had my dick sucked by a man befo' But you gon be the first you little trick ass ho" // Dj Quik ("Dollaz + Sense")

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 07:29:10 AM »

[on "Rhythm-al-ism"] "I think that's when I lost my rough edges, I lost the gangster shit and became like an R&B pretty boy, and almost gay.
/Dj Quik (interview with complex.com/2012)

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »
hes just going for that prince vibe but he cant pull it off, and yes he looks gay as fuck

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »
I remember watching Hand In Hand video, and seeing El DeBarge, i thought he he looked gay as fuck, then i saw Quik's album cover and was like Oke..... LOL

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
I remember watching Hand In Hand video, and seeing El DeBarge, i thought he he looked gay as fuck, then i saw Quik's album cover and was like Oke..... LOL
el debarge is the shit.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.