Author Topic: Aguero: Manchester City can measure up to Real Madrid and Barcelona  (Read 95 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sergio Aguero has insisted that he has no plans to leave Manchester City in the summer, and stated his belief that the club will soon be on par with La Liga duo Real Madrid and Barcelona.

The Argentina international enjoyed a dream debut season at City, helping the club to their first Premier League title, a first league triumph since 1968, with 23 goals.

His performances have not gone unnoticed in Europe, with Madrid understood to be weighing up a move, but Aguero has committed his future to City, saying that the club will be part of the European elite.

"I will stay at City," he told Radio La Red. "I have four years left on my contract and I am very happy here for now.

"Right now, I have no intention of joining another club. My plan is to stay here because City can measure up with Real Madrid, Barcelona and the likes.

"I am convinced that City will be at their level."

The 23-year-old then shared his emotions at having scored the goal that handed City the Premier League title, a feat that earned him heroic status with the club's fans.

"The fact that an Englishman has an Argentine as an idol is something very rare," he noted.

"I keep watching the goal that I scored against QPR and every time that I do it, I get more emotional.

"I cannot believe that I scored this goal. Everyone in England tells me that I gave City the title and that my shirt was the best-selling one."
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.